Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Monash University Employee Review

Good University undermined by poor management

23 September 2018
Overall I think this is a good University. It is one well worth studying at. I would highly recommend it to any prospective student. I loved working there, interacting with the students and other staff. No two days were the same and there was always new and interesting things to learn. That's the good part. This has all been undermined by poor management. The University is rife with chonisim, poor and corruption management practices and work place bullying. It is almost impossible to hold bullies to account there because the system protects the bullies. Too often, bullies are accompanied at using the system to avoid scrutiny and even try to paint themselves as a victim. The University claims that they don't tolerate bullies. This may be true as an official policy, but the current system and culture makes it almost impossible to enforce. I have seen and experienced things there that just about made my blood run cold. The cowardly behaviour that I witnessed there surely must have Monash turning in his grave! Oh, btw, don't expect much help from the union. They are pretty gutless. This could have been a really great place to work. The management culture has let it down. Caveat emptor.
26 June 2016
Same roleSame location
TECHNICAL OFFICER (Former Employee) - Clayton VIC
Great superannuation benefits but not as family friendly or workplace flexible as they pretend to be. Overall experience was good
21 December 2020
Same location
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Clayton VIC
Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.
Pros
Perfect place to work
Cons
1 November 2020
Same location
Business Analyst/System Administrator (Former Employee) - Clayton VIC
I did an IT contract for Monash during 2019. The staff were wonderful, the atmosphere being collaborative and highly team oriented. The management were supportive and just let me get on with what I know without interfering. Overall I'd go back there anytime they have an opening for my skillset. A great place to work.
  1. Good University undermined by poor management