Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Employee Reviews

Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.
Pros
Perfect place to work
Cons
Had an amazing opportunity receiving students results, learnt to process applications telephonically , also via email. During my working period I learnt the importance of team work and how to work as a collective to attain the required tasks from management .
Pros
Great office environment, free internet facilities and great staff
Cons
Working through a agency
I worked there for 3 years. It is a great place to work at. As long as you have great research output, you will be treated like a star. Colleagues are generally nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Great culture and great people
Cons
Melbourne is too expensive.
Not a fun place to work. A top heavy management structure hears very little from front-line staff. Power-hungry megalomaniacs rule ruthlessly.No appreciation of good work. Sycophants are promoted without a due selection process.
I did an IT contract for Monash during 2019. The staff were wonderful, the atmosphere being collaborative and highly team oriented. The management were supportive and just let me get on with what I know without interfering. Overall I'd go back there anytime they have an opening for my skillset. A great place to work.
Staff are over worked, skills under utilised unless of course management can manipulate you. Don't care about workplace injuries, wellbeing or any flexibility. They want robots not staff with ideas or initiative.
Pros
Non
Cons
Too many to list
Hardest part of the job is to deal with the students whose views are listened to than the lecturers. The students at Monash run the campus and management listen to them than the lecturers and they always say that they are our main stakeholders.
Cons
long hours and low salary
People are now being forced to retire / resignWhat was a beautiful, culturally diverse university is now sliding slowly down into a place one would feel less proud of.
If you are looking for a relaxing work place with nice places for you to eat lunch and a library for you to go and find your favourite books and magazines, Monash University would be a great place for you to work while trying to explore the campus and learn a little bit more about yourself and the next generation.
Pros
Friendly work mates, nice work place on campus & nice places to have lunch.
Cons
Marking can be tedious & there's no pay for casual staff during the break.
Australian top ranked University MONASH always maintains the state of the art quality of teaching, learning and research amenities. It's a campus of multi culture students and stuffs
Pros
The state of the art quality of teaching, learning and research amenities.
Cons
In campus living expenses are high
I was a volunteer. You will get a good salary if you get a paid job. The people are really nice. Can get monotonous and stressful. It is a corporate environment. But the contacts you make can be really helpful
Pros
Good work atmosphere, great place to pick up new skills
Cons
Monotonous and very hi
I worked at the Malaysian campus of Monash for more than 8 years both in faculty and professional capacities. I found colleagues to be very helpful and supportive. There is a very close collaboration between the campuses and mostly everyone has a counterpart on the other campus. The salary in the Malaysia campus might not be that comfortable for expatriates. However, it is competitive with most other universities in the country. One thing you will notice in the workplace is that everyone has pride in being a Monashian.
Easy going yet still busy with things to do. Multi-tasking - Emails, Inbound phone calls, front counter service, printing of documents and cards, liaising and building relationships with faculties and other departments, sometimes making outbound calls. Never dull; always something to do or learn, with a great team of people to do it with!
1) Awesome days at work 2) Learned what is group work 3) awesome 4) Understanding and respectful 5) Evereything is hard but with this group of people it become easy 6) workplace everyday enjoyed
Pros
healty workplace
Cons
Great management, always something different, whether it was traveling to a research site or performing administration duties, all aspects were enjoyed. now that I am ready to return to work Monash would be a great location.
The environment here is awesome. Management and Coworkers are both very caring and hard working people, who are passionate at what they do. The hardest part of the job is managing a work/study balance with one's study because timetables may change at short notices. The most enjoyable part is definitely working with the people around you, and feeling like you're giving back to your community and making a positive difference to the world and the future.
There is unrealistic KPI expectations placed on you. For example, you are expected to publish in high quality journals, obtain PhD students and grants. Unfortunately, the research support in terms of limited PhD scholarships, limited submission fees, limited grants etc have an impact on achieving your goals. There is also constant changes in administrative processes that is disruptive.
A very good company and excellent environment. Good staff benefit, increment and bonuses. Definitely will recommend this company to others. All staff are very friendly.
flexible and relaxed. friendly management training is available international environment team oriented teaching is rewarding structured small office minimum benefits
If you have the connections you can get far with low research efforts. Your manager and the interactive virtual training programme tell you and teaches you about ethics in theory. But if you are higher up the ladder you basically can treat people like your personal slaves, spying, pressuring and blackmailing included. Promise and break. The diversity here means, if you have peers higher up you are well integrated. If you don't, then good luck to you. Overall the incompetence is high even in professorial levels, but the networks help you stay in your position. I learned about research grant shuffling, improper equipment utilization, bad project planning, unenthusiastic supervision, low interest in science, rebranding of regurgitated materials.
Pros
good pay for a single job
Cons
bad pay if you are overloaded with responsibilities, research quality rather low, mostly dependent on collaborations and students
It is great to work at Monash University. The staffs there are very friendly and the pay is also good. Both of my managers are supportive and guide me through my first semester. My colleagues are brilliant and patient. I had a great time working there.
  1. Employee Reviews