Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Employee Reviews in Clayton VIC

Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.
Pros
Perfect place to work
Cons
I did an IT contract for Monash during 2019. The staff were wonderful, the atmosphere being collaborative and highly team oriented. The management were supportive and just let me get on with what I know without interfering. Overall I'd go back there anytime they have an opening for my skillset. A great place to work.
Staff are over worked, skills under utilised unless of course management can manipulate you. Don't care about workplace injuries, wellbeing or any flexibility. They want robots not staff with ideas or initiative.
Pros
Non
Cons
Too many to list
Excellent work environment. Almost all the staff are very much friendly and quite helpful. The safety is its first priority and Monash has a zero harm policy I believe. I love to work here.
Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!! there are very long Hours involved! some free lunches. There are a few fun things in regards to Courses you can do!!
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
there are very long Hours involved!
If you are a ‘yes’ person, you will do well here. Management are generally cold faced, policy-driven and self interested, and contrary to a projected image, the environment is change-resistant unless a tangible PR benefit is present. In this way, it supports mediocrity more than innovation, and will use semi-unethical practices to keep boxed or even oust anyone who doesn’t conform.
Pros
Salary, work/life flexibility
Cons
Management, use of funds, ethics
Management protect their own, at the expense of employees. There is no feedback review process for managers, so they can get away with basically anything.
Flexible working conditions, inclusive environment, great amenities. Professional advancement is encouraged. Active anti-bullying programmes in place, along with health and wellbeing initiatives (i.e. free weekly meditation classes).
Pros
Working conditions, 17% superannuation
Cons
Great environment, cool team work , interesting project, good location, good work-life balance, good salary. I enjoyed very much working with the multidisciplinary team.
Worked at Reception and Resources. I enjoyed my time interacting with people and delivering good customer service. Staff and students were very appreciative. I have good memories of my time at Monash University.
Overall I think this is a good University. It is one well worth studying at. I would highly recommend it to any prospective student. I loved working there, interacting with the students and other staff. No two days were the same and there was always new and interesting things to learn. That's the good part. This has all been undermined by poor management. The University is rife with chonisim, poor and corruption management practices and work place bullying. It is almost impossible to hold bullies to account there because the system protects the bullies. Too often, bullies are accompanied at using the system to avoid scrutiny and even try to paint themselves as a victim. The University claims that they don't tolerate bullies. This may be true as an official policy, but the current system and culture makes it almost impossible to enforce. I have seen and experienced things there that just about made my blood run cold. The cowardly behaviour that I witnessed there surely must have Monash turning in his grave! Oh, btw, don't expect much help from the union. They are pretty gutless. This could have been a really great place to work. The management culture has let it down. Caveat emptor.
I loved the students and teaching but managers were terrible. Constant undermining, lots of nepotism. All tenured staff so lazy, petty & mean-spirited
Pros
students
Cons
management horrible and incompetent.
Excellent employer, enjoyable working environment. Good work life balance. Satisfying work. Always good team work. Was scope to progress at the university.
Considering I work here as a volunteer, they still do provide good help, with decent benefits. They always provide the assistance wherever it may be required.
Although i was there for a short time. I had lots of fun meeting new people learning new things everyday. Great food service for during lunch time. Hardest about the job was leaving
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Low pay
I enjoyed teaching undergraduates and sharing my knowledge witrh them. The workplace was conducive. Moreover, the students were polite and willing to learn. I am overseen by a senior lecturer who is there to make sure all the admin gets done. They are always eager to help out with any problem. The hardest part of the job is motivating students to keep going and not give up on themselves.
Pros
Good pay, good support for teaching associates, being able to share your knowledge with students
Cons
Sometimes classrooms are not ideal, often students stop coming to classes, there is no career progression
A typical day: go to office and work. What I have learned: I have developed job related skills- not specifying so as to maintain anonymity. Hardest part is : too much sitting. Most enjoyable part: job flexibility and learning and developing skills and problem solving .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
1 year contracts
Being in administration I tried something different in my life, considering it had been a long time since I tried something other than finance. I must say I miss working with numbers and administration on it's own has proven to be the hardest part of my day. The work culture is great and I have made quite a few friends.
Pros
Not strict
Cons
Not very busy
As a social sport staff member i don't have many shifts, and when i do they aren't long, however it's an efficiently run organisation that aid in teaching new staff the ins and outs of the workplace, and has a very positive and helpful culture
I enjoyed teaching undergraduates and sharing my knowledge regarding MS Excel and VBA. The workplace was conducive. Moreover, the students were polite and willing to learn.
Learning new skills and applying them to the job. Working autonomously and getting the job done reliably. Meeting new people. Customer Service. Team work.
Pros
enjoying the atmosphere of the work environment.
Cons
there weren't any