Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

If you are looking for a relaxing work place with nice places for you to eat lunch and a library for you to go and find your favourite books and magazines, Monash University would be a great place for you to work while trying to explore the campus and learn a little bit more about yourself and the next generation.
Pros
Friendly work mates, nice work place on campus & nice places to have lunch.
Cons
Marking can be tedious & there's no pay for casual staff during the break.
I was a volunteer. You will get a good salary if you get a paid job. The people are really nice. Can get monotonous and stressful. It is a corporate environment. But the contacts you make can be really helpful
Pros
Good work atmosphere, great place to pick up new skills
Cons
Monotonous and very hi
Great management, always something different, whether it was traveling to a research site or performing administration duties, all aspects were enjoyed. now that I am ready to return to work Monash would be a great location.
The environment here is awesome. Management and Coworkers are both very caring and hard working people, who are passionate at what they do. The hardest part of the job is managing a work/study balance with one's study because timetables may change at short notices. The most enjoyable part is definitely working with the people around you, and feeling like you're giving back to your community and making a positive difference to the world and the future.
It is great to work at Monash University. The staffs there are very friendly and the pay is also good. Both of my managers are supportive and guide me through my first semester. My colleagues are brilliant and patient. I had a great time working there.
Monash is an amazing university. It deserves to be held among the great universities of the US and Europe. I'm excited to see how it's reputation will grow over the coming decades.
Lots of politics working in education. Was across an AWS migration of their environment. Lots of red tape to get anything done. The contractors working there seemed to be the ones actioning the work, whereas the full time employees were a bit more challenging
I enjoyed every part of my work and research both in Australia and doing my fieldwork at three South African universities(University of Natal, University of Durban Westville and the University of Pretoria} all sponsored by Monash University graduating with a Postgraduate Diploma in Commercial Law, Graduate Diploma of Education and a Doctorate in Education( EdD).
Pros
Free lunches, sponsored research trips, professional development workshops
Cons
Many study options, long hours of work
Great leadership, great vision. Academics (teachers) run the spectrum of overly entitled to true researchers and lecturers. No or very limited stress on the job, no take-home work, nights and weekends are yours.
Pros
time, little to no stress
Cons
egos of academics
I love the place I work at but at the moment I have been wanting a career change at the moment. I'd love to find a job in something else since I need more skills
Pros
Free food
Cons
long hours and inconvenient place to drive
I loved my time at Monash University.. I recently relocated to the UK from Australia - initially worked remotely but now looking for something locally. Great People!! Exciting transformational technology work being under taken!!
This can be a good work place for anyone who enjoys working in an international environment where you can meet colleagues from around the world. Work load might be different for everyone depending on the tasks and position you have been offered at Monash. Academic jobs are in general pretty interesting and you get to interact with both students and your teaching team in a fairly relaxing way.
Good employment opportunity backed by a university with resources. Tends to run more like a corporation than a university in many ways. Solid salary and benefits. Great lab facilities.
An excellent balance of course work and patient contact. Also motivated staff that are more than willing to walk the extra mile to ensure that students pass
Pros
Small course
Cons
Long exams
As a research Scientist the work is what you make of it. It depends very much on your passion and drive. As I didn't work for the University as such (they administered my salary which was funded via a grant), any review I provide may be meaningless to professional staff (versus academics) seeking employment at Monash.
Coming to work was always motivating. The environment was supportive, healthy and passionate, which not only made me enjoy the job but constantly encouraged me to do my best.
This is a typical university with excessive workload requirements and a lack of resourcing. As a G8 university, the business model is primarily focussed on research output which ultimately results in under-resourcing towards ensuring optimal quality in education output.
Pros
Rewarding working with students
Cons
Poor work like balance
I teach mathematics tutorial classes. Each class involves spending two hours with the 20-25 students, working through the assigned problem sets. My focus is on their understanding of the material, and I use a variety of education techniques to achieve this. This role also involves prior planning and marking of assessments throughout semester. I am overseen by a senior lecturer who is there to make sure all the admin gets done. They are always eager to help out with any problem. The hardest part of the job is motivating students to keep going and not give up on themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is that beautiful moment when a student finally "gets it" - I feel a sense of pride and achievement in my student and myself. It's also great when students heap praises on you in the Student Evaluation of Teaching forms.
Pros
Good pay, good support for teaching associates, being able to share your knowledge with students
Cons
Sometimes classrooms are not ideal, often students stop coming to classes, there is no career progression
This job helps me to develop my skills through continuous and deep study in my interested research area and provides opportunities to meet with world leading researchers in the similar research field.
Monash University is a good place to work. It depends what role you are in obviously, I can only speak for my position. Remuneration is good, culture is good but depends on colleagues.
Academia has become an excellent career choice to balance work and life as a mother of three young children. I have been intimately involved in the preparation of the students through the development of online content following a flipped classroom model. I am able to work remotely from my home and have learned a great deal from my colleagues, particularly around innovation. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to interact face-to-face with my colleagues on a regular basis.