Monash University logo
Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Employee Reviews for Technical Officer

Pay & Benefits

Good University undermined by poor management

Overall I think this is a good University. It is one well worth studying at. I would highly recommend it to any prospective student. I loved working there, interacting with the students and other staff. No two days were the same and there was always new and interesting things to learn. That's the good part. This has all been undermined by poor management. The University is rife with chonisim, poor and corruption management practices and work place bullying. It is almost impossible to hold bullies to account there because the system protects the bullies. Too often, bullies are accompanied at using the system to avoid scrutiny and even try to paint themselves as a victim. The University claims that they don't tolerate bullies. This may be true as an official policy, but the current system and culture makes it almost impossible to enforce. I have seen and experienced things there that just about made my blood run cold. The cowardly behaviour that I witnessed there surely must have Monash turning in his grave! Oh, btw, don't expect much help from the union. They are pretty gutless. This could have been a really great place to work. The management culture has let it down. Caveat emptor.

Great benefits

Great superannuation benefits but not as family friendly or workplace flexible as they pretend to be. Overall experience was good

Jobs at Monash University