Monash University logo
Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Culture reviews

Clear
4.1Work–Life Balance

A very professional enviroment to work

Monash has a great learning enviorment to work within , The team I worked with worked as a team very inclusive and happy to help and inclde in all aspects of the role.

Best place to work

Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.

Pros

Perfect place to work

An excellent workplace

I did an IT contract for Monash during 2019. The staff were wonderful, the atmosphere being collaborative and highly team oriented. The management were supportive and just let me get on with what I know without interfering. Overall I'd go back there anytime they have an opening for my skillset. A great place to work.

Caring and Productive

The environment here is awesome. Management and Coworkers are both very caring and hard working people, who are passionate at what they do. The hardest part of the job is managing a work/study balance with one's study because timetables may change at short notices. The most enjoyable part is definitely working with the people around you, and feeling like you're giving back to your community and making a positive difference to the world and the future.

It is great to work at Monash University.

It is great to work at Monash University. The staffs there are very friendly and the pay is also good. Both of my managers are supportive and guide me through my first semester. My colleagues are brilliant and patient. I had a great time working there.

Excellent place to work and learn from people with diverse background

Excellent work environment. Almost all the staff are very much friendly and quite helpful. The safety is its first priority and Monash has a zero harm policy I believe. I love to work here.

Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!!

Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!! there are very long Hours involved! some free lunches. There are a few fun things in regards to Courses you can do!!

Pros

some free lunches

Cons

there are very long Hours involved!

Client review

Lots of politics working in education. Was across an AWS migration of their environment. Lots of red tape to get anything done. The contractors working there seemed to be the ones actioning the work, whereas the full time employees were a bit more challenging

Excellent work place

Flexible working conditions, inclusive environment, great amenities. Professional advancement is encouraged. Active anti-bullying programmes in place, along with health and wellbeing initiatives (i.e. free weekly meditation classes).

Pros

Working conditions, 17% superannuation

great work team

Great environment, cool team work , interesting project, good location, good work-life balance, good salary. I enjoyed very much working with the multidisciplinary team.

Jobs at Monash University

See more jobs

Productive and fun work place

Every day I learnt something new and was able to use this new information in the work I did. I people are kind and wonderful to work with on a day to day bases.

Good University undermined by poor management

Overall I think this is a good University. It is one well worth studying at. I would highly recommend it to any prospective student. I loved working there, interacting with the students and other staff. No two days were the same and there was always new and interesting things to learn. That's the good part. This has all been undermined by poor management. The University is rife with chonisim, poor and corruption management practices and work place bullying. It is almost impossible to hold bullies to account there because the system protects the bullies. Too often, bullies are accompanied at using the system to avoid scrutiny and even try to paint themselves as a victim. The University claims that they don't tolerate bullies. This may be true as an official policy, but the current system and culture makes it almost impossible to enforce. I have seen and experienced things there that just about made my blood run cold. The cowardly behaviour that I witnessed there surely must have Monash turning in his grave! Oh, btw, don't expect much help from the union. They are pretty gutless. This could have been a really great place to work. The management culture has let it down. Caveat emptor.

Tutoring

I met some great teachers and students during my time with Monash University. The work was challenging and creative and I was self-managing. My only problem with it was that I did not have enough time to devote to my PhD.

Pros

Great culture, challenging work, interesting workplace, good pay

Cons

Not enough time for me. Poor family/work balance.

Fun work place with good people

Although i was there for a short time. I had lots of fun meeting new people learning new things everyday. Great food service for during lunch time. Hardest about the job was leaving

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

Low pay

Eastern Clinical Research Unit Management not supportive

Have been working in this research unit for many years. Culture of bullying and staff harassment is rife and management deal with this by making employees redundant or turning other employees against them so they eventually leave. Job security is non-existent as most staff are on ongoing fixed term contracts so we cannot speak out against harassment. Staff's personal & confidential information is discussed by management amongst other colleagues without their permission. Management turns a blind eye to any serious issues raised and simply start performance managing staff out of their positions aimed at discrediting them because it's easier than dealing with the problems.

Pros

flexible start and finish times

Cons

long hours expected unpaid, HR non-supportive, Management cannot be trusted, non-supportive

Amazing staff and work environment

Coming to work was always motivating. The environment was supportive, healthy and passionate, which not only made me enjoy the job but constantly encouraged me to do my best.

A good place to work

Being in administration I tried something different in my life, considering it had been a long time since I tried something other than finance. I must say I miss working with numbers and administration on it's own has proven to be the hardest part of my day. The work culture is great and I have made quite a few friends.

Pros

Not strict

Cons

Not very busy

enjoyable

As a social sport staff member i don't have many shifts, and when i do they aren't long, however it's an efficiently run organisation that aid in teaching new staff the ins and outs of the workplace, and has a very positive and helpful culture

Great place to study

As a student it was some of the most enjoyable time of my life. They are a very supportive university and go out of their way to be as helpful as possible.

Pros

Studying is awesome

Cons

everything must come to an end

great work life balance always interesting

Learning new skills and applying them to the job. Working autonomously and getting the job done reliably. Meeting new people. Customer Service. Team work.

Pros

enjoying the atmosphere of the work environment.

Cons

there weren't any

Fun workpplace

the daily activities included the design and deployment of events, integration and co operation of students and staff members.It was enjoyable to teach and learn from other cultures as the activities involved people from different nationalities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Monash University