Monash University logo
Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
4.1Work–Life Balance
3.4Job Security & Advancement

Best place to work

Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.

Pros

Perfect place to work

A trully amazing University

Monash is an amazing university. It deserves to be held among the great universities of the US and Europe. I'm excited to see how it's reputation will grow over the coming decades.

Great opportunities to up-skill

There are great communities within Monash University and career advancement via learning and training, is amazing as you have a lot of opportunities to add to your skills. I would recommend working at Monash University.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Some faculties are not so good to work in.

Client review

Lots of politics working in education. Was across an AWS migration of their environment. Lots of red tape to get anything done. The contractors working there seemed to be the ones actioning the work, whereas the full time employees were a bit more challenging

Contract Employee

I was there only for 3 days as contract employee, worked as student consultation desk. Salary was as per Australian GOVT rule so no problem at all. Enjoyed working there.

Pros

Salary, Free lunch

Excellent work place

Flexible working conditions, inclusive environment, great amenities. Professional advancement is encouraged. Active anti-bullying programmes in place, along with health and wellbeing initiatives (i.e. free weekly meditation classes).

Pros

Working conditions, 17% superannuation

great work team

Great environment, cool team work , interesting project, good location, good work-life balance, good salary. I enjoyed very much working with the multidisciplinary team.

Customer service

I love the place I work at but at the moment I have been wanting a career change at the moment. I'd love to find a job in something else since I need more skills

Pros

Free food

Cons

long hours and inconvenient place to drive

Always something new to learn

Excellent employer, enjoyable working environment. Good work life balance. Satisfying work. Always good team work. Was scope to progress at the university.

Solid Employer

Good employment opportunity backed by a university with resources. Tends to run more like a corporation than a university in many ways. Solid salary and benefits. Great lab facilities.

Jobs at Monash University

See more jobs

Great atmosphere, flexible hours

The people I work with are great. The environment is lovely. I have flexible hours and I choose my own hours. My work space is well equipped and secure.

Eastern Clinical Research Unit Management not supportive

Have been working in this research unit for many years. Culture of bullying and staff harassment is rife and management deal with this by making employees redundant or turning other employees against them so they eventually leave. Job security is non-existent as most staff are on ongoing fixed term contracts so we cannot speak out against harassment. Staff's personal & confidential information is discussed by management amongst other colleagues without their permission. Management turns a blind eye to any serious issues raised and simply start performance managing staff out of their positions aimed at discrediting them because it's easier than dealing with the problems.

Pros

flexible start and finish times

Cons

long hours expected unpaid, HR non-supportive, Management cannot be trusted, non-supportive

great place to work, productive and stimulative place to work

I enjoyed teaching undergraduates and sharing my knowledge witrh them. The workplace was conducive. Moreover, the students were polite and willing to learn. I am overseen by a senior lecturer who is there to make sure all the admin gets done. They are always eager to help out with any problem. The hardest part of the job is motivating students to keep going and not give up on themselves.

Pros

Good pay, good support for teaching associates, being able to share your knowledge with students

Cons

Sometimes classrooms are not ideal, often students stop coming to classes, there is no career progression

A great way to share your knowledge

I enjoyed teaching undergraduates and sharing my knowledge regarding MS Excel and VBA. The workplace was conducive. Moreover, the students were polite and willing to learn.

Teaching is wonderful, and Monash pays well per hour

I teach mathematics tutorial classes. Each class involves spending two hours with the 20-25 students, working through the assigned problem sets. My focus is on their understanding of the material, and I use a variety of education techniques to achieve this. This role also involves prior planning and marking of assessments throughout semester. I am overseen by a senior lecturer who is there to make sure all the admin gets done. They are always eager to help out with any problem. The hardest part of the job is motivating students to keep going and not give up on themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is that beautiful moment when a student finally "gets it" - I feel a sense of pride and achievement in my student and myself. It's also great when students heap praises on you in the Student Evaluation of Teaching forms.

Cons

Provide various opportunities for staff self development

This job helps me to develop my skills through continuous and deep study in my interested research area and provides opportunities to meet with world leading researchers in the similar research field.

Fun and social workplace where I excelled in customer service and sales.

A typical day at work would include putting through transactions, advising customers which items suit their needs best, taking care of orders, calling customers, answering inquiries via the phone, visual merchandising of stock, organizing stock on the floor and stocktaking. From this position I have learnt to listen to the customers needs carefully and also to upsale depending on the relevant promotions at that point in time. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers from all walks of life and different ages as I am a very friendly and co operative person. The hardest part of this job is that it is a casual position that is only required at the start of semesters. Unfortunately this does not provide a great deal of job security. However is still a great position as it gives me an opportunity to interact with people and practice my sales techniques.

very good

very good work environment with very good salary paid. highly recommend for people like working or doing research in a university

Fine

Good work with good friends. There is not much else to say, it was a fixed period of standard work that i feel i completed to the best of my ability.

Supportive environment

Academia has become an excellent career choice to balance work and life as a mother of three young children. I have been intimately involved in the preparation of the students through the development of online content following a flipped classroom model. I am able to work remotely from my home and have learned a great deal from my colleagues, particularly around innovation. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to interact face-to-face with my colleagues on a regular basis.

Casual enrollments officer

This was a position I enjoyed very much, face to face with new students offering information and enrollment. Unfortunately it was only for a week annually.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Monash University