Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
4.1Work–Life Balance
3.8Pay & Benefits

Monash Student Association

I was a volunteer. You will get a good salary if you get a paid job. The people are really nice. Can get monotonous and stressful. It is a corporate environment. But the contacts you make can be really helpful

Pros

Good work atmosphere, great place to pick up new skills

Cons

Monotonous and very hi

Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!!

Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!! there are very long Hours involved! some free lunches. There are a few fun things in regards to Courses you can do!!

Pros

some free lunches

Cons

there are very long Hours involved!

Fun workplace and GREAT pay but insecure job security

This was a great place to work because it did not require a lot of time or have a lot to do, great management, great team. However like all universities they are always looking to cut costs and make money. So redundancy is inevitable. Still take the leap as pay is so good.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Eventual Redundancy

Profits over people

If you are a ‘yes’ person, you will do well here. Management are generally cold faced, policy-driven and self interested, and contrary to a projected image, the environment is change-resistant unless a tangible PR benefit is present. In this way, it supports mediocrity more than innovation, and will use semi-unethical practices to keep boxed or even oust anyone who doesn’t conform.

Pros

Salary, work/life flexibility

Cons

Management, use of funds, ethics

Contract Employee

I was there only for 3 days as contract employee, worked as student consultation desk. Salary was as per Australian GOVT rule so no problem at all. Enjoyed working there.

Pros

Salary, Free lunch

great work team

Great environment, cool team work , interesting project, good location, good work-life balance, good salary. I enjoyed very much working with the multidisciplinary team.

Solid Employer

Good employment opportunity backed by a university with resources. Tends to run more like a corporation than a university in many ways. Solid salary and benefits. Great lab facilities.

Effective help given

Considering I work here as a volunteer, they still do provide good help, with decent benefits. They always provide the assistance wherever it may be required.

Fun work place with good people

Although i was there for a short time. I had lots of fun meeting new people learning new things everyday. Great food service for during lunch time. Hardest about the job was leaving

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

Low pay

Great organisation with highly skilled professionals.

Monash University is a very reputable and well sort after place to work at. They have good systems and policies and procedures which help to guide the staff in the work place. My role as the clinic practice coordinator helped me to learn much about managing 6 various clinics and different personalities, which made my position both varied and challenging. Overall I enjoyed my role at Monash.

Pros

17% superannuation, with very good salary packages

Cons

At times the work place become very hectic which meant longer hours required.

Jobs at Monash University

See more jobs

Eastern Clinical Research Unit Management not supportive

Have been working in this research unit for many years. Culture of bullying and staff harassment is rife and management deal with this by making employees redundant or turning other employees against them so they eventually leave. Job security is non-existent as most staff are on ongoing fixed term contracts so we cannot speak out against harassment. Staff's personal & confidential information is discussed by management amongst other colleagues without their permission. Management turns a blind eye to any serious issues raised and simply start performance managing staff out of their positions aimed at discrediting them because it's easier than dealing with the problems.

Pros

flexible start and finish times

Cons

long hours expected unpaid, HR non-supportive, Management cannot be trusted, non-supportive

Research is demanding

As a research Scientist the work is what you make of it. It depends very much on your passion and drive. As I didn't work for the University as such (they administered my salary which was funded via a grant), any review I provide may be meaningless to professional staff (versus academics) seeking employment at Monash.

Teaching is wonderful, and Monash pays well per hour

I teach mathematics tutorial classes. Each class involves spending two hours with the 20-25 students, working through the assigned problem sets. My focus is on their understanding of the material, and I use a variety of education techniques to achieve this. This role also involves prior planning and marking of assessments throughout semester. I am overseen by a senior lecturer who is there to make sure all the admin gets done. They are always eager to help out with any problem. The hardest part of the job is motivating students to keep going and not give up on themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is that beautiful moment when a student finally "gets it" - I feel a sense of pride and achievement in my student and myself. It's also great when students heap praises on you in the Student Evaluation of Teaching forms.

Pros

Good pay, good support for teaching associates, being able to share your knowledge with students

Cons

Sometimes classrooms are not ideal, often students stop coming to classes, there is no career progression

very good

very good work environment with very good salary paid. highly recommend for people like working or doing research in a university

Great benefits

Great superannuation benefits but not as family friendly or workplace flexible as they pretend to be. Overall experience was good

Professional and well-resourced research department.

Never had any problems and workplace allowed the advancement of my research skills. Facilities are great and enjoyed the experience. Well remunerated for experience and knowledge of research area.

Pros

Great salary and research facilities.

Cons

Distance from Melbourne CBD.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Monash University