Monash University logo
Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
4.1Work–Life Balance
3.8Pay & Benefits

Best place to work

Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.

Pros

Perfect place to work

Caring and Productive

The environment here is awesome. Management and Coworkers are both very caring and hard working people, who are passionate at what they do. The hardest part of the job is managing a work/study balance with one's study because timetables may change at short notices. The most enjoyable part is definitely working with the people around you, and feeling like you're giving back to your community and making a positive difference to the world and the future.

A trully amazing University

Monash is an amazing university. It deserves to be held among the great universities of the US and Europe. I'm excited to see how it's reputation will grow over the coming decades.

Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!!

Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!! there are very long Hours involved! some free lunches. There are a few fun things in regards to Courses you can do!!

Pros

some free lunches

Cons

there are very long Hours involved!

Client review

Lots of politics working in education. Was across an AWS migration of their environment. Lots of red tape to get anything done. The contractors working there seemed to be the ones actioning the work, whereas the full time employees were a bit more challenging

The university is a research based institution with many campuses in Australia including overseas campuses in Malaysia, South Africa and China.

I enjoyed every part of my work and research both in Australia and doing my fieldwork at three South African universities(University of Natal, University of Durban Westville and the University of Pretoria} all sponsored by Monash University graduating with a Postgraduate Diploma in Commercial Law, Graduate Diploma of Education and a Doctorate in Education( EdD).

Pros

Free lunches, sponsored research trips, professional development workshops

Cons

Many study options, long hours of work

great work team

Great environment, cool team work , interesting project, good location, good work-life balance, good salary. I enjoyed very much working with the multidisciplinary team.

hard work

As I said hard work beats everything the more you work hard the better you get and achieve more. I do however think that forcing people to fill up survey is definitely wrong.

Customer service

I love the place I work at but at the moment I have been wanting a career change at the moment. I'd love to find a job in something else since I need more skills

Pros

Free food

Cons

long hours and inconvenient place to drive

Always something new to learn

Excellent employer, enjoyable working environment. Good work life balance. Satisfying work. Always good team work. Was scope to progress at the university.

Jobs at Monash University

See more jobs

Solid Employer

Good employment opportunity backed by a university with resources. Tends to run more like a corporation than a university in many ways. Solid salary and benefits. Great lab facilities.

Tutoring

I met some great teachers and students during my time with Monash University. The work was challenging and creative and I was self-managing. My only problem with it was that I did not have enough time to devote to my PhD.

Pros

Great culture, challenging work, interesting workplace, good pay

Cons

Not enough time for me. Poor family/work balance.

Great atmosphere, flexible hours

The people I work with are great. The environment is lovely. I have flexible hours and I choose my own hours. My work space is well equipped and secure.

Well Structured Course

An excellent balance of course work and patient contact. Also motivated staff that are more than willing to walk the extra mile to ensure that students pass

Pros

Small course

Cons

Long exams

Eastern Clinical Research Unit Management not supportive

Have been working in this research unit for many years. Culture of bullying and staff harassment is rife and management deal with this by making employees redundant or turning other employees against them so they eventually leave. Job security is non-existent as most staff are on ongoing fixed term contracts so we cannot speak out against harassment. Staff's personal & confidential information is discussed by management amongst other colleagues without their permission. Management turns a blind eye to any serious issues raised and simply start performance managing staff out of their positions aimed at discrediting them because it's easier than dealing with the problems.

Pros

flexible start and finish times

Cons

long hours expected unpaid, HR non-supportive, Management cannot be trusted, non-supportive

Amazing staff and work environment

Coming to work was always motivating. The environment was supportive, healthy and passionate, which not only made me enjoy the job but constantly encouraged me to do my best.

A good place to work

Being in administration I tried something different in my life, considering it had been a long time since I tried something other than finance. I must say I miss working with numbers and administration on it's own has proven to be the hardest part of my day. The work culture is great and I have made quite a few friends.

Pros

Not strict

Cons

Not very busy

very good

very good work environment with very good salary paid. highly recommend for people like working or doing research in a university

Fine

Good work with good friends. There is not much else to say, it was a fixed period of standard work that i feel i completed to the best of my ability.

Supportive environment

Academia has become an excellent career choice to balance work and life as a mother of three young children. I have been intimately involved in the preparation of the students through the development of online content following a flipped classroom model. I am able to work remotely from my home and have learned a great deal from my colleagues, particularly around innovation. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to interact face-to-face with my colleagues on a regular basis.

Animal Husbandary

Shower in and out of the facility. Cleaned out cages. Culled rats and mice co worker were fine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Monash University