Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Employee Reviews

Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.
Pros
Perfect place to work
Cons
Worked at Reception and Resources. I enjoyed my time interacting with people and delivering good customer service. Staff and students were very appreciative. I have good memories of my time at Monash University.
Every day I learnt something new and was able to use this new information in the work I did. I people are kind and wonderful to work with on a day to day bases.
As I said hard work beats everything the more you work hard the better you get and achieve more. I do however think that forcing people to fill up survey is definitely wrong.
Great leadership, great vision. Academics (teachers) run the spectrum of overly entitled to true researchers and lecturers. No or very limited stress on the job, no take-home work, nights and weekends are yours.
Pros
time, little to no stress
Cons
egos of academics
Overall I think this is a good University. It is one well worth studying at. I would highly recommend it to any prospective student. I loved working there, interacting with the students and other staff. No two days were the same and there was always new and interesting things to learn. That's the good part. This has all been undermined by poor management. The University is rife with chonisim, poor and corruption management practices and work place bullying. It is almost impossible to hold bullies to account there because the system protects the bullies. Too often, bullies are accompanied at using the system to avoid scrutiny and even try to paint themselves as a victim. The University claims that they don't tolerate bullies. This may be true as an official policy, but the current system and culture makes it almost impossible to enforce. I have seen and experienced things there that just about made my blood run cold. The cowardly behaviour that I witnessed there surely must have Monash turning in his grave! Oh, btw, don't expect much help from the union. They are pretty gutless. This could have been a really great place to work. The management culture has let it down. Caveat emptor.
I loved the students and teaching but managers were terrible. Constant undermining, lots of nepotism. All tenured staff so lazy, petty & mean-spirited
Pros
students
Cons
management horrible and incompetent.
nice people, open minded people, multicultural area A very enjoyable place to study and very diverse society balanced in both academic, and organisational experience
I love the place I work at but at the moment I have been wanting a career change at the moment. I'd love to find a job in something else since I need more skills
Pros
Free food
Cons
long hours and inconvenient place to drive
I loved my time at Monash University.. I recently relocated to the UK from Australia - initially worked remotely but now looking for something locally. Great People!! Exciting transformational technology work being under taken!!
Excellent employer, enjoyable working environment. Good work life balance. Satisfying work. Always good team work. Was scope to progress at the university.
This can be a good work place for anyone who enjoys working in an international environment where you can meet colleagues from around the world. Work load might be different for everyone depending on the tasks and position you have been offered at Monash. Academic jobs are in general pretty interesting and you get to interact with both students and your teaching team in a fairly relaxing way.
Good employment opportunity backed by a university with resources. Tends to run more like a corporation than a university in many ways. Solid salary and benefits. Great lab facilities.
Considering I work here as a volunteer, they still do provide good help, with decent benefits. They always provide the assistance wherever it may be required.
This job is a volunteer job which is last only for 3 days. Generally assisting new coming students in finishing the forms. Guiding the students to the dorms.
I met some great teachers and students during my time with Monash University. The work was challenging and creative and I was self-managing. My only problem with it was that I did not have enough time to devote to my PhD.
Pros
Great culture, challenging work, interesting workplace, good pay
Cons
Not enough time for me. Poor family/work balance.
Great experience, got to meet many students and interact with them sometimes to a personal level. Was identified as a tutor you could bring your personal issues to if needed. Often had students from other classes approach me for advise of assistance. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students, watching them grow. Worst part of the job was marking papers.
The people I work with are great. The environment is lovely. I have flexible hours and I choose my own hours. My work space is well equipped and secure.
Although i was there for a short time. I had lots of fun meeting new people learning new things everyday. Great food service for during lunch time. Hardest about the job was leaving
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Low pay
An excellent balance of course work and patient contact. Also motivated staff that are more than willing to walk the extra mile to ensure that students pass
Pros
Small course
Cons
Long exams
Monash University is a very reputable and well sort after place to work at. They have good systems and policies and procedures which help to guide the staff in the work place. My role as the clinic practice coordinator helped me to learn much about managing 6 various clinics and different personalities, which made my position both varied and challenging. Overall I enjoyed my role at Monash.
Pros
17% superannuation, with very good salary packages
Cons
At times the work place become very hectic which meant longer hours required.
  1. Employee Reviews