Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Employee Reviews

Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.
Pros
Perfect place to work
Cons
Excellent to work for, fast paced and forever changing days. From mail sorting, ordering stationary, maintaining databases, incoming phone calls from participants then you can be asked to format documents take minutes or look after reception as I said forever changing very interesting. Time management had to be key to work here. Other co-workers friendly and we all worked as part of a team. I found the hardest thing about this job was having to take on another co-workers position (PA) as well as mine when they were on leave. This was challenging and rewarding. I found the most enjoyable part of working there was the participant contact, I love to help and assist others. It was satisfying when the best outcome for all was achieved.
Great superannuation benefits but not as family friendly or workplace flexible as they pretend to be. Overall experience was good
Monash University is a good place to work. It depends what role you are in obviously, I can only speak for my position. Remuneration is good, culture is good but depends on colleagues.
Academia has become an excellent career choice to balance work and life as a mother of three young children. I have been intimately involved in the preparation of the students through the development of online content following a flipped classroom model. I am able to work remotely from my home and have learned a great deal from my colleagues, particularly around innovation. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to interact face-to-face with my colleagues on a regular basis.
This was a position I enjoyed very much, face to face with new students offering information and enrollment. Unfortunately it was only for a week annually.
The project is able to go smoothly because not only the tasks were evenly divided and organized, but also because of the positive attitude that my team members bring to the team.
We have an office of 6 workers here, its always enjoyable as we all get along great. There are definitely times where we all share a laugh but also know when it's time to knuckle down and get what needs to be done done. I like that we all have equal input and that all suggestions and opinions are taken on board. It's great that I can work as an individual but also within a team that is very supportive.
During my graduate training, I was also fortunate enough to have served as a tutor and occasionally substitute lecturer for the undergraduate course in Monash University. I have also served as an assistant unit coordinator for one of the modules. These experiences have built my confidence and an interest in mentoring others and I look forward to the opportunity to not only do research that will benefit others, but also to develop the research skills of other researchers.
I leaned how to learn by myself here. I really like this industry practice. I work every day to do some coding, then discuss the feature of website with team members or other people to improve user experiences. My co-workers consisted of 3 people. Including me, it was two coders totally, and I am also the team leader. Another coder was major in PHP. I focused on the data visualization on Website, like the maps and bar chart etc. The left members were mainly responsible for the documents. The hardest part is the google API javascript. This language updates so quick, and I needed to relearn it during this project The most enjoyable part of the job was the moment when the function is delivered.
My internship was an enlightening experience into the production work done by the publishing team. It highlighted the significance of the production team's contribution into the professional, final product of their business. This internship provided me with an insight into how a small business takes initiative to provide their specific form of product to thrive in a competitive industry.
Pros
great hours; wonderful team; free coffee
Nice work place. The supervisor give me great support on this research and help me to advance my knowledge of self-compact concrete and effect of impact load. I also learn the skill about concrete mixing, pouring concrete and grinding. Great work and research experience.
Beautiful place to work in and extremely supportive seniors. It offers everything an employee would need to stay satisfied - trainings, flexible timings, leaves when ever you need are just a few to name.
Monash University has a lot of rules, but, unfortunately, almost half of them won't make any sense to the very majority of people. "Yes, I also hate these stupid rules" - thats what all my colleagues kept saying. But of course nobody ever tried to complain. The atmosphere in my laboratory where I had an opportunity to work reminds of a high school, when you had to pretend you are not chewing a gum when you see a teacher or a principal, hide earphones in the hair etc. All of that and much more, like putting on a special glove when touching equipment because it shall not be contaminated, you have to do because otherwise anyone who sees you disobeying will immidiately tell about it to your boss and get a cookie for it. A system like that will never let anyone enjoy working.
Pros
Monash is widely known respected University
Cons
Unfriendly atmosphere, everyone is on their own
Great Institution to begin a life long career. During my time there I was involved in high calibre internationally recognised research.
Pros
Hands-on experience with industry leader
Cons
lack of permanent-ongoing roles.
Typically I would work on projects either alone or with other students. I had a good relationship with both co-workers and supervisors and the work was enjoyable. I learnt a lot about data collection, data base construction and analysis and drawing policy implications from this analysis. Further to this I was an assistant lecturer. I would prepare material for my classes and enjoyed delivering the classes. The most enjoyable part was interacting with enthusiastic students
Never had any problems and workplace allowed the advancement of my research skills. Facilities are great and enjoyed the experience. Well remunerated for experience and knowledge of research area.
Pros
Great salary and research facilities.
Cons
Distance from Melbourne CBD.
During this volunteer job I have learned: Induction and training on Communication and Helping students Demonstrated initiative in engaging new students in orientation week Contributed to the success of the various MUELC events including Intake Day, Orientation Week and Student Experience Day Liaised with the staff including Leading teachers and Student Experience Coordinator for advice and support
Pros
free snacks
Cons
unpaid job
A typical day at work is receiving Jobs in the morning, schedule and action during the day. I learned new IT ideas and apply in everyday work. Adapted to new team work requirement and processes introduced. New ideas and knowledge are shared within the support team and work productively. The hardest part of the job is having heavy workload and meeting customer expectation. The most enjoyable part of the job is work well done and work recognition.
Pros
Have a great support team
Cons
Bad Management
Bookkeeping, attending committee meetings and coming up solutions/ideas to help benefit the international society of Monash
Monash University is a good place to improve your personal skills on communication with people from different cultures. In this university, you can learn a lot from expertise in different areas. The only drawback of working in this university is few permanent vacancies are opened for application.
  1. Employee Reviews