Moody's Corporation Employee Reviews

AVP (Former Employee) –  México8 July 2019
Challenging, encouraging, team work and close cooperation.
Impersonal and heartless
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  New York, NY25 June 2019
The shareholders are god. You are just a little cog in their wheel; and boy do they let you know it. No one is safe, not you, not your co-workers, not your boss. You are replaceable, and that's how they like it.
Pros
Clean and professional
Cons
Fearful environment
Moody's is a great place to work
Business Analysis - Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 June 2019
Typical day is 9 hours with flexible start and end time. There are work from home opportunities. Solutions are developed collaboratively. Salaries are in line with the region and job duties.
I loved what I worked on at Moody's
Vice President - Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NY5 June 2019
I enjoy Business Analysis. I love working with various stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements. I worked on an average 60-80 hours a week all the years at Moody's. I never felt over worked since I enjoyed what i did. I learned about Credit Ratings Domain in depth. I learned to work to fulfill Audit and Regulatory and manage SOX control needs. I worked with offshore QA team to help them automate functional and regression testing. Most challenging and fun filled part of the job was to manage expectations of the Business, Compliance and Legal teams since the impact of the application systems was real time on the marketplace.
Pros
Work from Home facility once a week
Workplace Culture
4) Annual appraisals below par
5) Attractive salary
Good Pay Master
Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana23 May 2019
Very good company to work with as it has lot of work life balance and gives lot of opportunity to explore new ventures and help people to grow

Good pay and appraisal at the year end and less politics as such
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Local Manager interference
Terrible management - too many analysts becoming management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  United States22 May 2019
Moody's is a company that values smart financial analysis, which is fantastic. Except that the skills needed to excel in that role do not overlap with the skills of being a good manager. When analysts become leaders, they have no idea how to manage a process or lead people, and they have essentially zero training in how to do either effectively. This leads to terrible change management, demoralizing staff meetings, poor communication, and weak documentation.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Awful management
This is what a well-oiled machine functions like
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY16 May 2019
Everything has always been done a certain way, it continues to be done that way. Rhythmic, cyclical monthly process on point. Doesn't seem to be much room for upward mobility.
Pros
Location, experience of staff, reputation, i learned a lot about what a well-oiled corporate finance department should function like, and learned to used large amounts of data at a time.
Cons
Legacy processes, reluctant to changes, everyone gets a piece of a project, this doesn't facilitate ownership of work, otherwise, could know where a task was coming from and purpose, It helps one feel like a part of a team.
Great Work Life Balance, Stagnant Culture
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 May 2019
Great Work Life Balance, Stagnant Corporate Culture. Faulty leadership and not enough development of internal resources. Misappropriated resources and promotions not as merit based as you would think.
Good Learning Experience
Delivery Lead (Former Employee) –  IN11 May 2019
Really enjoyed my stay and got to learn a lot from this place. The work culture is quite good with the chance to show your capabilities. People are also very helpful and open to good suggestions.
Overall a good first time experience
Associate Financial Analyst - Business Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 May 2019
Good first time experience.

Enjoy working with my team.

Great learning experience and great environment. Really promote diversity and inclusion.

Has a military inclusion policy in place. Awesome!
Fantastic place to work
Vice President of Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE4 April 2019
Excellent company. I would recommend new graduates to consider a role with the company as they do have succession planning in place and if you prove yourself you could have an amazing future ahead!
Cons
Great company with a forward looking management
Senior Vice President, Credit Strategy (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 April 2019
Company is heavily regulated globally. While the management is very progressive and looking to innovate, inherent constraints of the business model and regulation force limited innovation. An excellent company to work for. I greatly enjoyed my time at the company and appreciated the positive and congenial working environment
Excellent ambiance, many fun events throughout the year, good way to network and meet people
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 March 2019
Worked with a group of incredible professionals
very busy hectic calendars
heavy phone volume
scheduled travel daily
expenses and reconciliation of credit card statements done once a month (huge job due to extensive travel domestic and abroad)
arranged meetings with clients and other internal groups on a daily basis as well as arranging conference rooms
scheduled teleconferences and video conferences daily
managed all e-mail request from internal groups and teams located local and abroad as well as clients

managed printers and other equipment on the floor as well as supplies

Learn many facets of the business as far as communications, outreach and technology were concern

type of management - micro-management

Loved working with the different teams within the department and industry groups within the company as the people in those teams or groups made it so great to come in and look forward to the daily tasks no request was ever too difficult or hard as everyone was always very hands on and willing to help, always excellent attitude and excellent sense of humor from all.
Pros
Summer Friday's from May to September
Cons
avoid absences if possible and early departure if you can
Moody's - Bureau Van Dijk
Client Service Manager/Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brussel7 March 2019
Varied job : technical & commercial
I worked with a lot of CFO, performed a lot of financial analysis for my clients and provided trainings to my clients.
Pros
contacts with clients & Financial package
Cons
Internal procedures & rigitidy
Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY5 March 2019
It's hard to review the entire company since I was only a consultant. I would rate the facilities as fantastic and the employees I met as genuine. They were also careful to create walls between business units, so integrity seemed high
Frequent parties, no work.
Technical Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA5 March 2019
As a contractor, I had to report to the manager who would not share what exactly are we doing. Just pass out the task and then submit it to her or the repository so it felt like being locked in the room, waiting for the food(work) to arrive. Lots of resources were not available to the contractors and every time we had to go through the helpdesk in order to add an open source application.
Management needs to look out how they are wasting resourceful candidates doing nothing besides learning on their own.
Pros
work parties, relaxed slow environment.
Cons
no leadership skills.
Meetings, Meetings, Meetings
Assistant Director - Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NY5 March 2019
There is always a meeting in Moody's and many of them do not go anywhere. There is good work to be done but you always have to stay within the limits of what is available. Doing things differently although better will not get you promoted. You have to fit the mold management wants in order to get promoted.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, casual attire
Cons
Healthcare cost, pay not meeting market expectations, management
Collaborative culture
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  LOndon28 February 2019
Good collaborative culture, very multicutural with focus on ERG's, good technology.

Lack of clear communication a problem, workplace culture very collaborative.
Pros
good culture
A Great Place to Work
VP, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY27 February 2019
Moody's has enjoyed a great reputation as the industry leader with collaborative culture. Also a company who focuses on risk and control, so make sure you have got the go-ahead from all stakeholders. This is a good place for work-life balance as you can make formal arrangements to work remote.
Pros
Good benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Limited upside potential if you are not an Analyst by training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moody's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.