Moonee Valley City Council Employee Reviews

Really fun place to work
Ascot Vale (Current Employee) –  Ascot Vale28 January 2019
I only worked for few months but i really loved it. The people are great, the location is wonderful and the salary is really good. If i had been offered a full time position i would have accepted in no time.
very good worker
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC18 January 2019
i do a lot of things to much ti list if you want a good worker thats me very good what i do if you send me for work and they dont like my work they dont have to pay me
Amazing to work for
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC7 January 2019
Since joining Moonee Valley they have been amazing to work for. provide great work life balance and willing to accommodate your needs to meet your life requirements. flexibility is amazing.
Pros
flexibile growth options
Cons
pay could be higher
very good worker
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 November 2018
strong experience of operating all kind of machineries frount end loader forklift and heavy vehicle proficient under standing of working mechanism of front end loader capable of multitasking and working under harsh conditions ability to perform duties independently or in teams as required
Meeting varity of people
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC3 October 2018
I enjoy working with the elderly I find its very rewarding both residential & home care, both totally different in hands on type of work, I love & enjoy the fasr pase & different responsibilities in facilities, where as homecare I am very limited in wot I can do & what my responsibilities are, now that I'm takes time to get used to, whereas my responsibilities on the other hand I gave medication, dealt with doctors & family members, changes to care plans, documentation, taking on a leader ship role, it was a challenge everyday but one that I loved & enjoyed thoroughly.
Pros
Staff fantastic
Cons
Expectations of staff
Asset Inspector (Current Employee) –  holmes road27 January 2018
Wonderful place to work. Good exposure for the work experience. If offered a regular job then it is an ideal place to work. I am in contract but looking for permanent job
Pros
Good relationship
Cons
Regular jobs are rare
great work environment
Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC8 February 2016
A great place to work, great people and a variety of different work provided in terms of contracting and procurement. The end to end involvement in procurement I have enjoyed particularly infrastructure projects and IT.
A good place to work
Director Environment and Lifestyle (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds Vic26 July 2015
A work force that cares about it's community and intent on delivering value for money services.
Provides ample opportunity for advancement and commitment to work life balance of its employees
Supportive People
Business and Event Support Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds31 December 2014
I managed to get a Workplace situation for 3 months (unpaid) and was lucky enough to be given another 3 months paid work. I was at the same time finishing off my Diploma of Events and was using these skills being learnt in the real world. The management were just fantastic and I was made to feel very welcome. The hardest part about the role was that it was a 3 month contract only. I would really love to have been able to stay on. I helped with Economic Development Department with luncheons, competitions, team development and communication with local businesses. I loved it there.
Pros
Learning and working with great people
Cons
Contract finished
Over worked, under managed
Engineering Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds5 June 2014
Mangers have absolutely no idea what is happening in their own departments.
When suggestions are made on how improvements can be made, they are completely ignored.
No opportunity for career advancement no matter how good you are at the role or how many extra duties you take on board.

Employees are very knowledgeable however due to the high demands on staff, it is difficult to get any time with staff. They do the best they can however lack of management support makes it extremely difficult for anyone to show their skills.
Pros
Inner city location, fantastic customer service staff
Cons
Management are inept. Too much work for too few people.