Moonee Valley City Council Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great work environment
Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC8 February 2016
A great place to work, great people and a variety of different work provided in terms of contracting and procurement. The end to end involvement in procurement I have enjoyed particularly infrastructure projects and IT.
A good place to work
Director Environment and Lifestyle (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds Vic26 July 2015
A work force that cares about it's community and intent on delivering value for money services.
Provides ample opportunity for advancement and commitment to work life balance of its employees
Supportive People
Business and Event Support Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds31 December 2014
I managed to get a Workplace situation for 3 months (unpaid) and was lucky enough to be given another 3 months paid work. I was at the same time finishing off my Diploma of Events and was using these skills being learnt in the real world. The management were just fantastic and I was made to feel very welcome. The hardest part about the role was that it was a 3 month contract only. I would really love to have been able to stay on. I helped with Economic Development Department with luncheons, competitions, team development and communication with local businesses. I loved it there.
Pros
Learning and working with great people
Cons
Contract finished
Over worked, under managed
Engineering Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds5 June 2014
Mangers have absolutely no idea what is happening in their own departments.
When suggestions are made on how improvements can be made, they are completely ignored.
No opportunity for career advancement no matter how good you are at the role or how many extra duties you take on board.

Employees are very knowledgeable however due to the high demands on staff, it is difficult to get any time with staff. They do the best they can however lack of management support makes it extremely difficult for anyone to show their skills.
Pros
Inner city location, fantastic customer service staff
Cons
Management are inept. Too much work for too few people.