Moreland City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Moreland City Council Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Was employed through an agency for this company and I was welcomed in like one of there own and it was a very great team to work with. Great management and colleagues alike.
Corrupt and no room for advancement. Nil support and not allowed to have your own opinion.

Not supported

Mass turnaround for people leaving

Low Moral

Expected to work overtime for nil money
* planning activities, caring children,taking children to play group, library and park. coordination with the council staff in routine inspection at work place.
*Planning and programming in the kinder loop software, Professional development program and training run by the council in the evenings.

* handling emergencies reporting and documentation

*managing new babies and dealing with parents some times

* noticing their progress and attachment to you
Pros
Findind Children for us and payment safety from parents
Cons
contribution from the salary to the council
The customer service team at Moreland was quite small, consisting of approximately 10-15 people on the floor at one time, and 6-8 counter staff at three council locations. A typical day would require resolving a wide range of complaints from Moreland citizens, transferring calls where necessary, discussing sensitive, confidential matters such as rates, fines, planning permits, complaints about neighbors, businesses, calls from emergency services and much more. The team was a diverse, close knit, supportive group, many of whom had been in their role for 20-30 years, so no matter what level of problem a caller was facing, there was generally an experienced member of staff to assist in resolution.
There were periods of high volume calls - such as happened after a high wind event or storm when trees fall across roads or fences. On many occasions I was requested to do overtime which I rarely refused (for the benefit of both the callers and my colleagues). My Team Leaders were supportive and approachable, there was a great sense of work -life-balance.

The most difficult part of the job were the times when callers would be frustrated or angry due to issues out of my control - for example other departments being unavailable & not returning calls after several messages & alerts had been left over a period of weeks. It was difficult to guess a reason the internal staff member had seemingly ignored the messages- and then to reassure the caller (who may have a costly builder waiting on a planning permit/ concrete pour etc) that the messages had been left & I had tried my best in
 - more...
In my 3 years at working with Moreland City Council I have found to be a great place to work in. The environment is a friendly environment with caring and supporting people.
I solve problems and provide customer service to sports clubs, ratepayers and stakeholders. I work closely with other departments within Council.
As Sub contractor to Moreland Council I have only barest interaction with everyday Council employment activities