Moreland City Council

9: Moreland City Council Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Very great team

Was employed through an agency for this company and I was welcomed in like one of there own and it was a very great team to work with. Great management and colleagues alike.

A terrible place to work

Shocking culture, that is from the top down, no apparent desire to fix or the inability to fix. Incumbent staff are ruining the place for anyone who wants to succeed, or even help out. Would not recommend working there to anyone, in its current form. Probably needs to be put into administration and the entire place overhauled, because currently it is not working at all.

Disappointing

Not very flexible. No opportunity for career advancement within the organisation. Lack of training and promotional opportunities limited the opportunity for career development even outside the organisation. Good service not acknowledged and overlooked.

Cons

No training. No work life balance. No flexibility

No chance of promotions

Corrupt and no room for advancement. Nil support and not allowed to have your own opinion. Not supported Mass turnaround for people leaving Low Moral Expected to work overtime for nil money

Nature of the Family daycare worker

* planning activities, caring children,taking children to play group, library and park. coordination with the council staff in routine inspection at work place. *Planning and programming in the kinder loop software, Professional development program and training run by the council in the evenings. * handling emergencies reporting and documentation *managing new babies and dealing with parents some times * noticing their progress and attachment to you

Pros

Findind Children for us and payment safety from parents

Cons

contribution from the salary to the council

small but helpful team

The customer service team at Moreland was quite small, consisting of approximately 10-15 people on the floor at one time, and 6-8 counter staff at three council locations. A typical day would require resolving a wide range of complaints from Moreland citizens, transferring calls where necessary, discussing sensitive, confidential matters such as rates, fines, planning permits, complaints about neighbors, businesses, calls from emergency services and much more. The team was a diverse, close knit, supportive group, many of whom had been in their role for 20-30 years, so no matter what level of problem a caller was facing, there was generally an experienced member of staff to assist in resolution. There were periods of high volume calls - such as happened after a high wind event or storm when trees fall across roads or fences. On many occasions I was requested to do overtime which I rarely refused (for the benefit of both the callers and my colleagues). My Team Leaders were supportive and approachable, there was a great sense of work -life-balance. The most difficult part of the job were the times when callers would be frustrated or angry due to issues out of my control - for example other departments being unavailable & not returning calls after several messages & alerts had been left over a period of weeks. It was difficult to guess a reason the internal staff member had seemingly ignored the messages- and then to reassure the caller (who may have a costly builder waiting on a planning permit/ concrete pour etc) that the messages had been left & I had tried my best in -

Great people to work with

In my 3 years at working with Moreland City Council I have found to be a great place to work in. The environment is a friendly environment with caring and supporting people.

Supportive culture

I solve problems and provide customer service to sports clubs, ratepayers and stakeholders. I work closely with other departments within Council.

Sub contractor to Council

As Sub contractor to Moreland Council I have only barest interaction with everyday Council employment activities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moreland City Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Moreland City Council Reviews by Location

Learn about Moreland City Council in popular locations

• Moreland City Council
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?