Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Reviews in Caboolture QLD

Avoid. Inept management, poor training, no support.
Local laws officer (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD3 April 2019
Avoid this place like the plague! Lack of training, excessive work demands, unrealistic expectations of what can be achieved by following their processes and then they'll sack you for not achieving it. Casual employment through labour hire companies. Sackings are frequent and underhanded. It's a revolving door of staff in fear of losing their jobs and marched out the door. Save yourself the time and trauma and keep looking for a better place.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Too many to mention.
Corrupt management
Crew leader (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD19 March 2019
Corrupt management
No career progression
Frauding tax payers money
Worked there for several years and would not recommend.
All upper management are interconnected outside work.
Pros
Rdo
Cons
Corruption, bullying, management, harrasment, safety
Poorly management
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD12 December 2017
Pros:- The actual work was good as were my teamates. My team leader was very supportive and was always available.
Cons:- However management above him was poor, totally lacking in communication other than negative, management not on the same page which impacted badly on staff, long term vacant positions, unreasonable management expectations what could be acheived in a day. Anyone that spoke up simply put a target on their back from vindictive managers. Pay is poor and does not reflect the responsiblity that staff have. The area where I worked saw a staff turnover of 40+ in 18months, for a unit that is supposed to have 30 staff. I would not recommend this employer to my worst enemy.
Pros
Work mates
Cons
Management & workload
Modern equipment and friendly team
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD13 June 2017
Attending to enquiries in a modern workplace. Productivity and satisfaction with positive management strategies. Results seen in their smiling faces.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
lack of parking
stable and secure employment
Wrighbridge Operator (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD11 May 2016
Working for Moreton Bay Regional Council was a stable and secure position, my working day was 10 to 11 hours in length, 3 days per week, and consisted of weighing and charging fees for waste dumping and recycling. During my time there i learnt how to deal with the public and commercial customers in a respectful way, how to handle cash and manage documentation etc. Management was generally pretty rigid in it's dealings with both the employees and customers.
My co-workers were generally flexible in regards to our working together.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with sly and devious, stubborn and ignorant customers and conveying this problem to management in a clear and understandable way.
The most enjoyable part of the job was nearly everything, secure, good team members, management ok, generally happy place to work.
Pros
4 days off per week, decent salary.
Cons
long hours.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Qsec/Caboolture Hub/ Redclife Hive14 March 2016
Work a lot on my own, so have not problem with fellow co workers. I enjoy the work heaps and the people in meet. They are willing to listen when you have a problem, and able to help finding a solution.
Pros
Work for personal achivement
Cons
Somedays are harder them others