Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Review

View all Moreton Bay Regional Council reviews

A sinking ship
Something (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD21 November 2018
Would you like to be paid less than your colleague for doing EXACTLY the same job? - then MBRC is the place for you! It may soon be 2019 but here we like to do things the un-Australian way. We operate a 2 tier wage system and a choice of very short contracts that your mortgage lender is sure to love!

We also offer no REAL advancements because we'd hate to see you go.....thats how much we care. But we do offer lots of training. I say offer, but what i really mean is beg.

Nonetheless, we do have lots of in-house online mandatory courses which only serve to reduce our liabilities and insurance costs - we'll do our best to deliver these courses in the most patronising way possible......a bit like this ad!

Want to feel the love? We promise to Micro manage you on an hourly basis to make sure you're delayed as much as possible and then blame u for the delay - we think that's the best way some of our most expensive managers and coordinators should spend their time.

But wait! Apply for any of our positions and we'll do our very best to fill it with an expensive contractor or someone who is completely unsuitable for the role.
We like to get the most bang out of the rate-payers buck.....even if those contractors only end up staying for a few days. We do this by letting our personal beliefs get in the way of selecting a suitable and capable candidate who can serve the community well.

So, if you have no direction in life or are feeling unsupported, Good for you! You'll fit right in. You might be an asset, but we pride ourselves on making you feel like a neusaince child.
  more... Its just one of a whole host of benefits which sets us apart from the rest!

Know someone who works here? Refer a friend and we'll make sure to hire you too! Some people call that nepitism, but we call it inclusion.

Want to belong to a club, great! We have a range of cliques, internal politics and nepitistic clubs you can be part of, and best of all, membership is entirely free!

Our comprehensive support programme ensures every incompetent employee is rewarded with either a promotion or their very own team! After all, nobody wants a scene or to be performance managed, we'd rather ignore it and hope it goes away.

That's right folks, we're indifferent to the mass exodus and it couldnt possibly be our fault.......must be something in the water.

Oh!, did we mention that we like to fudge numbers to make things look like they're ok when they're not?

We've got it all!

Other Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Reviews

Toxic workplace- really sad- seriously, do not work here
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moreton Bay QLD13 June 2019
I was a supervisor at MBRC and it was horrendous. I felt sorry for the demands i was told to put on the staff who were all contract workers and feared losing their job. If they didnt keep up with these ridiculous workloads their contract would be terminated, leaving it a highly stressful and toxic work environment. To do the workload required you would have to work 24hrs a day and then some! This left alot of people having to leave on stress, getting fired, working extra unpaid hours, or just quitting even though they didnt have a job to go to! I was so glad to leave and will never ever go back, the place needs a complete overhaul.

The root of the problem lies with HR and upper management, who hide the details of the toxic workplace by outsourcing staff from contract companies. This ensures that MBRC never looks to be churning through staff in the way it is, and firing people is justified through the simple ceasing of a contract. This is unethical and unprofessional, and detracts from the service provided from the local community. Whats more, the staff members ARE members of the moreton bay region, who are completely ABUSED by the council and overworked, and then ABUSED by their fellow MBRC locals who treat them poorly because of their own disgust in MBRC. Its pointless.

The council aware of the problem, with literally hundreds of contract staff being turned over in a SINGLE YEAR, and still they keep doing it, because it saves them MONEY.
Pros
Jobs are easy to get as everyone leaves
Cons
Worst workplace i have ever worked in
confidential
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD9 June 2019
rather remain confidential re the Job and information about the following due to the trust issued with management and supervisors pay is the perk of my job