Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Review

View all Moreton Bay Regional Council reviews

Poorly management
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD12 December 2017
Pros:- The actual work was good as were my teamates. My team leader was very supportive and was always available.
Cons:- However management above him was poor, totally lacking in communication other than negative, management not on the same page which impacted badly on staff, long term vacant positions, unreasonable management expectations what could be acheived in a day. Anyone that spoke up simply put a target on their back from vindictive managers. Pay is poor and does not reflect the responsiblity that staff have. The area where I worked saw a staff turnover of 40+ in 18months, for a unit that is supposed to have 30 staff. I would not recommend this employer to my worst enemy.
Pros
Work mates
Cons
Management & workload

Other Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Reviews

Toxic workplace- really sad- seriously, do not work here
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moreton Bay QLD13 June 2019
I was a supervisor at MBRC and it was horrendous. I felt sorry for the demands i was told to put on the staff who were all contract workers and feared losing their job. If they didnt keep up with these ridiculous workloads their contract would be terminated, leaving it a highly stressful and toxic work environment. To do the workload required you would have to work 24hrs a day and then some! This left alot of people having to leave on stress, getting fired, working extra unpaid hours, or just quitting even though they didnt have a job to go to! I was so glad to leave and will never ever go back, the place needs a complete overhaul.

The root of the problem lies with HR and upper management, who hide the details of the toxic workplace by outsourcing staff from contract companies. This ensures that MBRC never looks to be churning through staff in the way it is, and firing people is justified through the simple ceasing of a contract. This is unethical and unprofessional, and detracts from the service provided from the local community. Whats more, the staff members ARE members of the moreton bay region, who are completely ABUSED by the council and overworked, and then ABUSED by their fellow MBRC locals who treat them poorly because of their own disgust in MBRC. Its pointless.

The council aware of the problem, with literally hundreds of contract staff being turned over in a SINGLE YEAR, and still they keep doing it, because it saves them MONEY.
Pros
Jobs are easy to get as everyone leaves
Cons
Worst workplace i have ever worked in
confidential
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD9 June 2019
rather remain confidential re the Job and information about the following due to the trust issued with management and supervisors pay is the perk of my job