Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Review

View all Moreton Bay Regional Council reviews

Management don’t envy anyone with an opinion
Labourer Operations (Former Employee) –  Arana Hills QLD26 March 2018
This position was meant to be a turning point, a chance to excel and progress into a career choice. What I received was the complete opposite. I chose to come forward within probation and shed light on a particular employee that I had been stuck with who was breaking the councils “code of conduct” on a daily basis, reported to whom I thought would do the right thing by me and take matters further considering the severity of the issues reported. Instead within a week of reporting these issues I was handed a letter of termination a week before my probation period ended. This workplace is the most political back stabbing environment I have been put into. If you enjoy being unsure about the people sorrounding you and feeling as if as a new employee you have no correct guidance and enjoy being lazy then this is the workplace for you, say nothing, don’t report issues that have been there for years, let the stigma around the council remain and you will do just fine.
Pros
Rdo
Cons
Correct training, management, safety

Other Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Reviews

Toxic workplace- really sad- seriously, do not work here
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moreton Bay QLD13 June 2019
I was a supervisor at MBRC and it was horrendous. I felt sorry for the demands i was told to put on the staff who were all contract workers and feared losing their job. If they didnt keep up with these ridiculous workloads their contract would be terminated, leaving it a highly stressful and toxic work environment. To do the workload required you would have to work 24hrs a day and then some! This left alot of people having to leave on stress, getting fired, working extra unpaid hours, or just quitting even though they didnt have a job to go to! I was so glad to leave and will never ever go back, the place needs a complete overhaul.

The root of the problem lies with HR and upper management, who hide the details of the toxic workplace by outsourcing staff from contract companies. This ensures that MBRC never looks to be churning through staff in the way it is, and firing people is justified through the simple ceasing of a contract. This is unethical and unprofessional, and detracts from the service provided from the local community. Whats more, the staff members ARE members of the moreton bay region, who are completely ABUSED by the council and overworked, and then ABUSED by their fellow MBRC locals who treat them poorly because of their own disgust in MBRC. Its pointless.

The council aware of the problem, with literally hundreds of contract staff being turned over in a SINGLE YEAR, and still they keep doing it, because it saves them MONEY.
Pros
Jobs are easy to get as everyone leaves
Cons
Worst workplace i have ever worked in
confidential
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD9 June 2019
rather remain confidential re the Job and information about the following due to the trust issued with management and supervisors pay is the perk of my job