Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Review

View all Moreton Bay Regional Council reviews

Horrible work culture & no management support
Council Officer (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD10 October 2016
I do not recommend working for this organisation as there is no flexibility, support from management or growth in your career.

The work culture is very dull & the company follows processes that are very out dated.

Senior Management & Junior Management do not support their staff in anyway shape or form.

I was micro managed by my supervisor who also lacked communication to his staff.

My department had such a high staff turnover.. A colleague advised 12 staff had filled my position within two years.

Once I put in my resignation management were unprofessional and didn't even acknowledge my prescence for the last week.

If you are a strong individual who likes to give an opinion to provide positive improvements to an organisation don't apply for a role within this organisation as your voice does not matter!
Pros
Salary... That's ALL
Cons
Management, flexibility, lack of support and training

Other Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Reviews

Toxic workplace- really sad- seriously, do not work here
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moreton Bay QLD13 June 2019
I was a supervisor at MBRC and it was horrendous. I felt sorry for the demands i was told to put on the staff who were all contract workers and feared losing their job. If they didnt keep up with these ridiculous workloads their contract would be terminated, leaving it a highly stressful and toxic work environment. To do the workload required you would have to work 24hrs a day and then some! This left alot of people having to leave on stress, getting fired, working extra unpaid hours, or just quitting even though they didnt have a job to go to! I was so glad to leave and will never ever go back, the place needs a complete overhaul.

The root of the problem lies with HR and upper management, who hide the details of the toxic workplace by outsourcing staff from contract companies. This ensures that MBRC never looks to be churning through staff in the way it is, and firing people is justified through the simple ceasing of a contract. This is unethical and unprofessional, and detracts from the service provided from the local community. Whats more, the staff members ARE members of the moreton bay region, who are completely ABUSED by the council and overworked, and then ABUSED by their fellow MBRC locals who treat them poorly because of their own disgust in MBRC. Its pointless.

The council aware of the problem, with literally hundreds of contract staff being turned over in a SINGLE YEAR, and still they keep doing it, because it saves them MONEY.
Pros
Jobs are easy to get as everyone leaves
Cons
Worst workplace i have ever worked in
confidential
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD9 June 2019
rather remain confidential re the Job and information about the following due to the trust issued with management and supervisors pay is the perk of my job