Moreton Bay Regional Council Employee Reviews

Good benefits - Office politics
Officer (Former Employee) –  Strathpine9 November 2013
MBRC is a great place to work if you have no aspirations in life. Managements only job seems to be looking after themselves. There are a number of staff that do nothing yet keep their jobs. Lots of surplus staff and outdated tech. Not a place to work if you have any opinions.
Pros
RDOs
Cons
Poltics
Good if you can get it
Team Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Redcliffe, QLD3 November 2013
Worked at Council for approximately 10 years. Council jobs can be competitive and be prepared to be involved in the office politics. With constant restructures looming, job security can be something that is stressful. A lot of the times it was keep your head down and tail up and just get on with it. The pros of the job are the benefits and not having to travel to the City for work.
Pros
Pay and government benefits, low travel time
Cons
Politics in the office
Government position
Landscape Labourer (Current Employee) –  Redcliffe Depot3 November 2013
Awell respected council, which has been supportive within my career
Pros
Rdo's
Cons
limited
My current positions includes the following duties:
Administration - Team Support (Current Employee) –  Redcliffe, Queensland23 February 2013
I am part of an eight member team where my responsibility is to be supportive in assisting other members to complete tasks, to understand the team dynamics, to multi-task, be able to produce quality work output and to fill a role in the absence of staff. I participate in team meetings, contribute to social club activities and engage in networking with employees to gain further knowledge and applying effective practices I take calls from the Call Centre and communicate with customers directly to resolve an issue.

My rols is supporting team members as well as processing park booking requests, I action items such as vehicle access hire into parks, wedding bookings. I communicate with Park Supervisors, hirers, internal staff and the community. I am also skilled in processing hall and banner hire bookings.

I am tolerant of diversity and understand the varied frame of reference of each individual. I am aware of communicating in accommodating ways and understand that first impressions count, building rapport in any face to face interaction, and listening to the customer. My years of dealing with clients and customers, and my recent studies in social science, hold me in good stead to providing positive and unbiased customer service.