Mornington Peninsula Shire
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mornington Peninsula Shire Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
The Shire looks after its employees extremely well.
The nature of my job involves repetitive strain injuries to the body caused by the overuse of the same muscle groups.

I am looking for one on one personal care work preferably with the disabled community and/or aged care.

Small amount of domestic assistance is ok.
Pros
helping the community and making a difference in people's lives
Cons
over 80% of the work is domestic assistance
A high turnover of staff driven by poor leadership. While the money might be an attractive draw card for your own sanity look somewhere else. A lot of Senior Managers not doing a great deal while there are areas of the organisation who are busy, need extra staff and are not supported.
my daily tasks would be greeting customers signing them in to classes, booking them in for other classes, serving coffee/kiosk items, ordering stock, data entry including stock in and out, taking calls, working in a clean environment. most enjoyable part of my job having a satisfied customer walking away knowing you've helped them and they respond with a Thank You. most hardest is trying to juggle both customer service / coffee whilst working alone.
Pros
salary, sick and holiday pay
Cons
not being appreciated
Day work mostly, lots of training, lots of travel and need to record travel kilometre, they can change the rosters anytime regarding cancelation or extra hours, mostly the job is Domestic Assistant that Client often assuming that we are there to do professional cleaning.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
limited lunch time, limited travel time, not much support from management in dealing with difficult client.
Enjoyed y 11 years at morning to shire. Great place to work. Great people. Loved the work that I did which involved assessment and staff management.
Due to the changes in the age care industry my role had significantly changed. I could not see my career growing.
even though they have a bullying policy it is not worth the paper it is written on. there is a culture of bullying that management turns a blind eye to as when it is reported the person making the complaint is forced out of their job.
Fantastic to work for, have great support from team leaders etc. Very supportive of the family/work life balance. Could not speak any higher of the shire as an employer
Pros
Great pay
Cons
I cross primary and secondary students across a Shire School Crossing. It is skilled work, you have to read traffic approaching the crossing, and watch students as they stop for you at the yellow line. You need to be friendly, but concerntrate on the task of crossing the students to the other side safely. The hardest part of the job is sizing traffic, sometimes they don't stop at your command. You get used to knowing what cars will do, as my safety comes first, as I proceed across the road first. My manager is amicable and will listen to me. I only inform her what she needs to hear or know and we work well together.
Pros
Paid school holidays.
Cons
Can have dangers with traffic.
Very happy with the way they look after their employees with wages, benefits, communication and understanding amongst everything else.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mornington Peninsula Shire?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mornington Peninsula Shire. Our community is ready to answer.