Mornington Peninsula Shire Employee Reviews

overall ok to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Mornington VIC4 August 2018
my daily tasks would be greeting customers signing them in to classes, booking them in for other classes, serving coffee/kiosk items, ordering stock, data entry including stock in and out, taking calls, working in a clean environment. most enjoyable part of my job having a satisfied customer walking away knowing you've helped them and they respond with a Thank You. most hardest is trying to juggle both customer service / coffee whilst working alone.
Pros
salary, sick and holiday pay
Cons
not being appreciated
Aged and Disability
Work as Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Mornington Peninsula VIC21 September 2017
Day work mostly, lots of training, lots of travel and need to record travel kilometre, they can change the rosters anytime regarding cancelation or extra hours, mostly the job is Domestic Assistant that Client often assuming that we are there to do professional cleaning.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
limited lunch time, limited travel time, not much support from management in dealing with difficult client.
Great place to work.
Team Leader - Home Based Services (Former Employee) –  Hastings VIC29 July 2017
Enjoyed y 11 years at morning to shire. Great place to work. Great people. Loved the work that I did which involved assessment and staff management.
Due to the changes in the age care industry my role had significantly changed. I could not see my career growing.
there is no management support
community care worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 June 2017
even though they have a bullying policy it is not worth the paper it is written on. there is a culture of bullying that management turns a blind eye to as when it is reported the person making the complaint is forced out of their job.
Very supportive great pay and management
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mornington Peninsula Shire23 September 2016
Fantastic to work for, have great support from team leaders etc. Very supportive of the family/work life balance. Could not speak any higher of the shire as an employer
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Meeting school students, interesting, challenging disciplined
Crossing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyabb10 April 2014
I cross primary and secondary students across a Shire School Crossing. It is skilled work, you have to read traffic approaching the crossing, and watch students as they stop for you at the yellow line. You need to be friendly, but concerntrate on the task of crossing the students to the other side safely. The hardest part of the job is sizing traffic, sometimes they don't stop at your command. You get used to knowing what cars will do, as my safety comes first, as I proceed across the road first. My manager is amicable and will listen to me. I only inform her what she needs to hear or know and we work well together.
Pros
Paid school holidays.
Cons
Can have dangers with traffic.
Overall extremely happy with the working conditions
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Rosebud, VIC3 September 2013
Very happy with the way they look after their employees with wages, benefits, communication and understanding amongst everything else.