morris corp Employee Reviews

Should never have wasted my time
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD19 March 2018
Management and camp owner don't speak to you. Roster changes constantly and your not notified. Would turn up for rostered shift to be told 'Your not working today. The roster changed'. A lot of favoritism. Pay is very low. Nobody shows you what your doing. Would NEVER recommend to anyone.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Arrogant management.
Great work place, great people, awesome working for them
Utility Worker FIFO (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 March 2018
My usual day at work starts at 6:30 am we are always very busy cleaning rooms, most of the time I would be on small utility vehicles picking up linen and sorting. Some days I would be driving the forklift for storeroom and moving stock around. In general I loved the experience and learned a lot about working on a FIFO mine site.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having friends around and working hard every day.
Pros
Awesome food, great life balance, gym.
Cons
away from city, got use to it.
Enjoy the life style 2 weeks on 1 week off
Admin & Supervisor Housekeeping at many camps (Current Employee) –  Pilbara WA & Origin Camps QLD23 February 2018
I am will to try something new
I have my HR License am looking for a start in truck operator
still wanting to work F.I.F.O as this is what I have been doing for the last 7 years will Morris Corp
Pros
Free Accomadation
Cons
Hours cut shorter
OK place to work
Supervisor Mine Site Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Glenden QLD16 February 2018
No Culture, all about themselves, won't look after the good workers.
The more you give the more they want, until your worn down . Hard to get a day off, you meet some great workers along the way but they don't stay long
Pros
meet friendly workers
Good company
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Western Australia19 December 2017
I enjoyed my time with Morris Corp, I began as a casual for 6 months then became permanent for the following 6 months. However, an opportunity became available for a construction site and I decided to take it.
Pros
Great camps
Cons
Very hot
Good working collegues
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Newman10 December 2017
It was OK,for awhile.It was first time working fifo and it was good almost got my extraudinary licence,I loved dining and the food was great after a hard days work.
Lots of challages
Contracts Manager - Morris Corp - Surat Basin (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD27 November 2017
Great job, had lots of interaction with Indigenous staff on the team.
Unfortunately Morris Corp did not win any more contracts in the area to keep all of the team working.
Pros
Working with Indigenous staff
Cons
Loss of contracts
Not much good to say
Utility (Former Employee) –  Western Australia22 October 2017
Pay is terrible, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone I want to be friends with.When you are away from family and friends for 2 weeks doing FIFO you expect to be able to save.People are unhappy and management don't care.
Pros
some really great people
Cons
Can't save, not enough pay to be able too.
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA28 September 2017
I loved working for Morris corp and enjoyed it the whole time I was working there and I'm hopeing if I'd get a job working for your company I'd love it too
Huge room for improvement.
Utility (Former Employee) –  Delamere26 September 2017
Huge room for improvement in all aspects of business...
Positions advertised not available eg Bus driver with no bus to drive put into kitchen or housekeeping.
Huge staff turn over without training...makes others job 3 times harder.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
poor communication, HUGE staff turn-over
great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 August 2017
great fun housekeeping food is amazing great people working with morris was great got to learn a lot enjoyable part of the job would have to be housekeeping and the food lol.. coming in to work and there was always a smiles on everyone's faces..
it was fun
Utility (Former Employee) –  spring gully qld1 August 2017
the work was great different of vairtys of jobs management was good hardest part of the job was to get the job done on time what i learnt was to work with others
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun and flexible work shifts management for a working mother
Relief Pool Utility Casual (Current Employee) –  Western Australia10 July 2017
Morris has that opportunities to those who have children at home by giving supports that suites for their employees need. Only few employers I think can provide this kind of offers when a working mother like me has to go away for work.

I just hope that it will help me more if I got Fulltime Relief Pool Utility position because I was not aware Morris have like this employment type of thing that helps, support people and understand our status being away with family and friends and where options of work in the city around are not available.

HR managements are very much supportive and very helpful too just like my previous employers... only thing is need to speak out to communicate, be honest, be your self and stands on your feet of what you believe is right.
Pros
free meals, accommodation provided, flights etcs
Cons
Hours is just fine
morris corp
Supervisor/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Amrun30 January 2017
Working at Morris is like a big family and I fine it very enjoyable to work with all the staff. the team I have are great they all work as a team witch make the days better has
the work is hard but at the end of each of the day it was good due the people you work with Management are ready good to get on with
always willing to help were they can. I believe you learn some think new ever day.
Great team
Maintenance/utility (Current Employee) –  Nebo QLD26 January 2017
Great team but lacks in organisation, fbut ahving a good team therefore means work becomes easier and alot stress free. Good benefits and job security
Camp had lots of useful facilities.
Maintenance Person (Current Employee) –  Pilbara WA4 January 2017
the pay was really bad and that affected the workers and their attitude. Even when they try and be positive they'll always complain about the pay.

Due to cost cutting, the food was so cheap and I find myself eating the same food over and over and over again, with little to no variation.
Morris has great experienced and versitile teams
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Qld21 December 2016
I have already answered this question in the last information profile.
Great work opportunity and ongoing training
Reliable and steady work with a versatile team, when dramas occur, and they will on a mining site,, to not think so is naive,, Yet the individuals band together to work on smooth running and presentation of the work we do
Great workplace
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Newman WA6 December 2016
I've worked in the kitchen for atleast 8 months it was hard work but I had to do what I had to do for my family I met some great people if I had the chance to work there again I would do it in an instant
Pros
Free lunch
Total waste of time
camp maintenance (Former Employee) –  Queensland8 November 2016
Wasted my time with a promised job then didn't have the decency to even call and explain why..

A month later the same job is advertised

Useless
Pros
Cons
Communication
Decent but lacking
Nightshift Mine-Site Utility (Current Employee) –  Condabri Central Village Miles QLD6 July 2015
As well as providing industrial hospitality on a contract basis to over 50 sites nationally, Morris owns and operates our own accommodation villages, which are specifically designed to meet the needs of the travelling resources or construction worker.

Good nutrition is integral to healthy employees; it increases attentiveness, productivity and stamina. Morris offer maximum choice, exceptional quality and superb value for money.

A clean living and working environment means a safe living and working environment. We know each customer requires a distinct level of cleaning support. We have a long history of providing village cleaning, housekeeping and janitorial services. We also operate dedicated industrial and remote mine-site cleaning contracts

As an employee i find it has been lacking in fair advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at morris corp. Our community is ready to answer.