Morrison Employee Reviews

Great, warming work environment.
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset8 August 2019
Morrison's have young and old faces working within the supermarket but all are very friendly and happy to help. Most members of staff get along and always form friendships in and out of work. Managers are friendly and understanding and are always happy to help.
Pros
Great team, rotatable shifts to suit the individual.
Feels like slavery
Picker (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater7 August 2019
Work cares more about it productivity rather then quality , most of time its a big mess , new workers are nit given any lockers , ....................
Pros
No rota
Cons
Fast paste job, chaos
Very unproductive and disorganised
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 July 2019
I will not recommend this to anyone as good place to work.Its full of politic,disorganised and does not follow its own policies.There deliver system is very poor and a lot of bulling goes on there.
Pros
NO Pros
Cons
Fast paced and a clear head is a must
Hostess at St Marys Hospital Rochester MN (Former Employee) –  St Marys Hospital Rochester Mn25 July 2019
I worked at St Mary's Hospital in Rochester MN.Working with other ethnic groups was fun. I enjoyed being a Hostess and feel it is more than delivering trays. My goal was not only making sure the tray was correct but also to brighten there day. Breaks were short and the hospital very large so often I would just stay in the locker room and rest. When I wasn't hostessing I would keep busy wrapping silverware or helping wash the dishes.
Pros
Lunches were discounted. People were very helpful
Cons
Breaks were short and breakrooms to far from workstations
Over a great place
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire19 July 2019
Worked for 3 months during the summer and my experience was amazing, I loved interacting with customers day in day out. The management team was helpful and friendly. Was great to work there.
Pros
Interacting with customers, great relationships with staff and a positive place.
Cons
Hard to say having only worked for one summer
Exhausting worst then been back at school
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Witham, Essex14 July 2019
Not a very healthy place to work. You are expected to do the job of three people in a shorter time without any support. A very selective place, if your face fit you are ok otherwise is worst then been in a school playground, you are treated like a child and you are spoken to like you are an idiot. The training is next to zero there is some bullying and is not dealt with, lots of people leave. the stress is intense and it is not due to the actual job but the way the management is.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not enough hours in the contract
Fast paced ever changing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nights (last position I held)13 July 2019
On the whole a nice stepping stone for employment, it's fast paced and you have to be flexible. In personal experience there not too bad at dealing with mental health issues, however still areas the company can improve on. They are a friendly and professional with colleagues.
Pros
Helpful when dealing with mental health
Cons
They don't communicate shift swaps well
Somewhat enjoyable
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2019
Support was given if struggling, managers were very good and there was a strong relationship between staff across all departments. Discounted food on break from the staff cantern and a 10% discount card
It was nice and easy
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MS8 July 2019
Very good and you get to help amd serve the sick
And learning things about different diets and getting to be on the hospital floor and meet the nusres a d ensuring your patient gets the best service
It’s an okay job.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY8 July 2019
The company is an okay company . The pay isn’t all that , it could be better. We work in the kitchen where there is barley any air conditioner services .
I really dont have one
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO6 July 2019
Company is sub a contractor and is ran by people who have no sense of compassion. They don't care about their employees. There are other branches of the company to work for.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Crestview nursing home26 June 2019
I guess it a good place to work because I know everybody need a job and u want to be on one that going to be fair to everybody and everybody the same if not u will lose your good worker over crazy stuff what I mean your management that got the big head about there job and the staff too. Everybody sure learn everything because u never know if u got to step in and do other job that not your .so be mindful about everything.
relaxed place
checkout assistant, there I dealt (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire21 June 2019
worked on checkout so it was a typical day at work , however I use to do put backs when needed. The workplace culture was good and everyone got along well.
Horrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GA21 June 2019
Run the other way it's not a good company at all alot of drama and favoritism daily. They only want to pay you 8.00 and expect you to do everything in the place.
Not a good place for a hard worker.
Supervising Lead CA (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, Missouri18 June 2019
Mm let’s see.. they had trouble keeping any employees because of the terrible management and favoritism. Despite how hard you work or how committed to the job you are you will be passed up. I was the supervising lead CA- because our management CA was transferred- so I was next in line for her promotion. I had good attendance. Knew the diets and the patients. I improved the relationship with nursing because most the nurses hated the food workers- Even did jobs that were not in my description for no extra pay or recognition. I trained almost every other CA that was there. My promotion was passed over me to a person who had been there only 3 months (or less) who I had trained. You can work yourself to the ground and will not receive proper pay, recognition, or respect. My “raise” from regular to lead (where I was supervising) was $0.25. Then my yearly raise was $0.26. Not worth it. I was making $9.51 when I left- which is not worth the job. You can go to fast food and make the same. You get a lot of hatefulness from your management, the hospital staff (more than just the nurses), and the patients. It really is harmful to your mental state. The rules are always changing and they do not care how much more stressful it makes your job. Please save yourself the stress and heartache and look elsewhere for a job. You do get paid vacation but it takes a LONG time just to earn one day. Insurance is offered but they take a huge chunk out of your paycheck for it- you can get cheaper insurance through an actual insurance agency.
Morrison food service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MN16 June 2019
Depending on your position your experience could be very different. It’s a good place to work at if you need to make some money but they are not always hiring.
night assistant worker
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wigan15 June 2019
I worked hard for morrisons learning to not only keep products on sale and learned the rotation of stock to make sure that the company provides the best care for its customers and that stock levels are maintained ...I work as part of a team ensuring that the quality and service given is to the highest standards and that all company pocedures are adhered to at all times . I was also the firstaider for 6 years at my place of work helping to keep my colleagues safe at work and to ensure that safety standards were maintained ,,I also went to other stores within the company to help support them when the company needed me to .my main job is to maintain stock levels in the carbonated and cordial aisle of morrisons this is very heavy work as I work stock from pallets direct to the shelves ,I do this as quickly and safely as possible maintaining a clean as you work ethic .
Pros
staff discounts and promotional offers
Cons
unsociable hours
temp
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Hyde11 June 2019
i only worked here temporarily. very easy job but the staff are nice. cant complain as it was a temp work
need to make 150 characters only 12 left bye
Very productive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 June 2019
It was a very responsible and respectful job never had any altercations with anyone. If anything I learned more than what I actually knew. It was great
Pros
Cons
1hour breaks
typical day
pot washer dish washer (Former Employee) –  94th street31 May 2019
i loved this job due to the friendly elderly people who were living there. my boss had a drug problem therefore he would cut my hours just so he can get his money for drugs