Motorola Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
Demonstrated capacity to protect and create value through oversight and management of risk. Strategic and operational focus spanning all aspects of the business/ project. Communications and reports focus discuss and enhance decision making. Advocate of risk assurance - ensuring key controls are: fit for purpose; deployed; and consistently applied.
Unfortunately, not the ideal place to work for me. People were friendly enough and helpful when required. The training for new staff though was atrocious. Coming from a server background to a radio based environment they did not have the skill set for up training recruits. Read documentation only is managements method. The regular staff did provide hands on guidance when asked.
Pros
Helpful workers
Cons
Bad management
Highly professional organisation with a strong work ethic (do what you need to to do), but very customer-focused in the process.

Moving away from being a product-centric organisation to a service-focused organisation. Has significant market share in Australia.

Very innovative in the Public Safety sector. Have made a number of recent strategic acquisitions which will only strengthen their long-term positioning.
Pros
Significant market share. Customer focused. Innovative
There was no leadership and no direction. The team from the USA HQ told a different story from their UK counterparts and they did not want to listen to one another
I had joined a new industry with a very interesting approach to telecommunication and data sharing. Learned new skills and management ideas, Great people to do business with,
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
demanding job but very enjoyble
A great place to work and begin your career, great leadership with strong, robust processes leading anyone that are looking for continuous improvement and growth.
As a global company I was surprised at the lack of communications within the company. As I was assigned to the Engineering department I can only speak for what happened here, but communications was definitely lacking.

I was assigned to the organization in Australia and do not know if this is the case with other offices around the globe as it is here.
Pros
free lunch during quarterly company financial briefings.
Cons
long work hours, no positive feeback
I completed a 6-month internship recently and I absolutely loved every minute.

Everyone within the company is approachable and diligent with whatever tasks are required individually and in group tasks.
Pros
BBQ's
Cons
Motorola has good company culture to accept new employee on board . Good exposure to customer and accessible to resources .
Pros
Global company
Cons
Job secuirity