Mrs Macs

11: Mrs Macs Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great place to work. Meet different people. And some great boss's. Plenty of vouchers for a job well done. Great team work.

Great place to work. Plenty of different culture's. Plenty of fun times. Good staff. Hardest part of the job is keeping the line running. Your learning every day. A typical day. At work is making sure the line runs smoothly and never stops.

Pros

Plenty of different vouchers. For a job well done.

Cons

12 hour shifts.

Was many years ago now but know some who still there and they say same as we all did competive very fast non stop.

Would recommend giving it a shot. You will know in first few days if its ur kind of job. Gets easy within a week or 2 so try to stick with it.....showers lockers etc.... Early morning shifts or night shifts on rotate... Superannuation etc... Very loud so not for everyone and very fast paced gotta keep up with machines on yr feet all shift but ya get used it and its really easy after awhile.... Longterm opportunities of you want it

Pros

Choice of shifts lockers showers advancement opportunities

Cons

On ya feet for hrs, very fast paced, no room really for mistakes

Disorganised upper management

Always ask questions as it is the only way you will know what is expected. Instead of teaming you up with an experienced staff member certain supervisors leave you to guess your way through, then complain. I've seen casuals treated appauling at the start, thankfully for me most of my co workers were extremely helpful. They made the place.Management have no idea what is needed in the frozen packing department and could truly benefit from listening to their employees.Many safety hazards.Be prepared to do a 12 hour gym work out every day.Work hours are not consistent and one week you will do 50hrs, the next they give you 4hrs if you can't work a certain shift.To survive the job take no notice of the clicky groups and you'll do okay.The hourly rate for casuals is great, but they severely underpay their fulltimers who work 12hr shifts for a flat rate of $20 per hour.Supervisors were not supported by management.Oh....and thank goodness I was a vegetarian before I worked there....

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Everything except the co-workers

Stressful but felt accomplished

It was very physically demanding and very stressful at times but I loved it. Kept me busy and my work team was the Best we all helped each other and worked together.

Good people

Clear leadership via a very capable leadership team with a promising future. The organisation has invested heavily in the brand, plant & equipment to ensure a sustainable future with the culture being inclusive and productive. Generally very good people in all areas.

great

good vibes, great workers, free pies for lunch times, not very good hours as you will stay casual for a long period of time sometimes getting cancelled shifts

Fast-paced but fun to work with.

It has been a great pleasure to be a part in this company. Gave me the most challenging things in my life. With proper training and seminars for free. Highly recommended to all people to work here. Never stops to motivate me each day.

Pros

Free pies, foods, benefits.

Learnt a lot about manufacturing accounting

Busy work day, tasks are boring and repetitive. Ad-hoc tasks interesting, allowing work to be completed which can influence strategic company decisions. Most interesting is the product sales & cost analysis work.

Sales Order Officer Role at Mrs Macs

Mrs Macs is a family owned business & is a lovely environment to work in. I get along well with my colleagues / Managers & Supervisors. A typical day at work as a Sales Order Officer entails phoning customers to see if they would like orders, General administration duties, Data Entry and Answering phones, all parts of the job role requires outstanding customer service skills. In my time at Mrs Macs I have learnt the skills in order to be a successful team player & Sales Order Offficer (a field that I have never worked in before). I really enjoy the free food we get on a daily basis & getting to experience all the different products Mrs Macs sells & distributes.

Pros

Hours 7am-3pm & free food

Cons

Repetition within the job role

a typical day at work.

mrs macs as a family owned company,its quite remarkable business for any person whom would have interest in food manufacturing,pie you would not look beyond mrs macs.A day at mrs macs start as would be unfavorable but that ends with ease after eight hours shift or daily occurrence of other responsibilities,be it in the office with office employee or at the management or board level.

Pros

you won't go without a pie.

Cons

normal working time.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mrs Macs?

Productive and Fun making Pie's & Sausage Rolls

One day I got to work an all the co-wokers in the kicthen told me I had a hard out day because the lines keep breaking down and the management told me I wasn't allowed to take any batches off so that means that I had a very late night at work but I really didn't care because it gave me more money on pay day.... But overall I really like working at this company because of the people you work with, they are really cool and funny........ but this company doesn't pay enough wages to keep me and my family going....

Pros

free pie's and sausage rolls

Cons

very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mrs Macs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Mrs Macs with