MSS Security
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MSS Security Employee Reviews

Australia105 reviews
The Management was the big problem or should I say lack of it, I firmly believe any company culture comes from the management down, in relation to QLD the management is disappointing.
Management have ZERO background in security, I mean come on! What a joke! There are much better managers to work for, managers with real life experience and have their feet on the ground, unlike Music. Complete joke seriously! Stay away from this sinking ship of a company.
Very inefficient, poor managment. Rostering ineffective for quality assurance. Too many unsatisfied guards working. Staffing almost low quality poor english and no training.
the company have a good culture and work environment with sub-contractors being the best to work for. they do give you freedom to work with their subcontractors.
Ops manager is incompetent. Incapable of carrying out their role halfway to a minimum standard. overwork staff & consistently fatigued. Incapable of organising shifts to be covered . Unhelpful. Don't pay correct allowances. No communications between management. Ask dum questions that they should know as managers. Always cover their own backs with email or online learning which is a waste of time. They don't hesitate in throwing you under the bus. Manager will blatantly lie to you and make things up to cover their backs. Manager also has 0 experience or quals in Security Ind... not here out of choice only circumstance.
Despicable disgraceful, worst place I have EVER worked at.
really a bunch of bullies. no one listens to guards they need new structure they need new feedback from staff members they are bullies. bunch of bosses no leaders
Usually the day would start with a cup of coffee, before everyone would get stuck into work. There would be a few jokes flying around and some relaxed environment. After lunch everyone would get stuck back into work until a coffee break, before some more jokes towards the end of the day while doing work, and then the end of the day.
Company is poorly managed.
Being on an isolated site, our guards and site are overlooked, somewhat forgotten, to exists.

Management rarely visits, demands staff work through fatigue, supply no essentials like uniforms, pay system is award based nothing more and company scams on benefits and allowances.
I had a great experience working at airport. Learnt a lot of new things and a great experience as APO and BAO .
I got excellent experience in customer service from there.
It was good to work with MSS at airport screening point. Lots of experience and learning. Good flexible management and reliable work colleagues. Plus you can meet some very famous and interesting people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MSS Security?
Good crew to work with and management really care for their employees. If you are looking to work in the security industry, I can highly recommend MSS
screening passengers through the walk through metal detectors. xraying baggage looking for dangerous and prohibited items. searching luggage for prohibited items. frisking passengers to clear them through the screening point.
I would rather not comment
I don't know what you want me to write

It was not my choice to leave

I meet some awesome people

What else do you want me to say?
Call the head office ask for something . They rudely say what do you want .literally very unprofessional. Can't question abt pay. No job security at all.
Don't hire or work here!!

Poor Management and people skills, guards need to be moved around sites to stay complaisant.

Some site's you could challenge the guards and they wouldn't know what to do or their legal rights or obligations.

They need to re test the guards in their security training LOL
Have been doing this for almost 10 years. It's mainly a customer service role. There have been many different experiences in many different kinds of roles within security from customer service at major events to corporate sites for the government. Please feel free to ask me more about this in person.
I am a Casual cleaner working at MSS securities. I used to work their at evening the staff is really friendly and the working environment is very good.
Its a good environment of work. The company lookafter their staff very well. I will highly recommend that company to everyone new or old. Good to have a part of them.
Watch out for wage theft - it happens all the time to all guards with the union powerless and lazy. Overtime is "averaged" out and when they move you, you are often "reclassified" down a level or more.
professional employees , supportive supervisor and management . multicultural , continuous updated training , meeting people from various countries , learning both job related facts and cultural facts from all countries. couldn't really say hardest part i enjoyed my job with mss'
Wages award so ok.
Management seem to appear incompetent sometimes.

No idea

Don't understand how to deal with staff issues.

Only interested in getting money from the client, don't care about quality of staff supplied even after existing staff and client complaints.