Multicap

37: Multicap Employee Reviews

Australia37 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

It is what you make it

Great place to work. Plenty of opportunities.Some great staff and some who are only there for money.It is what you make of it at the end of the day. If you work hard and do your job you will enjoy it.

Warm and supportive working environment where I can grow and learn from the company.

Working at Multicap is a warm and supportive experience that I can utilise my current skills and have learned so much more in an encouraging environment.

Supportive culture and great staff benefits

I have enjoyed the positive and inclusive culture at Multicap and great leadership styles. Great staff benefits and discounts and amazing work life balance, very family-friendly

Bad staff culture

Great short term work if you know anyone in management. Managed to get a job here as a support worker despite having no experience or qualifications. Staff were lazy and always did the bare minimum. Customer rooms and bathrooms were filthy. Some staff were ok but most were lazy. Management promised the world, including promotion and that I would be made permanent, none of which happened. Terribly understaffed. The house I worked at rarely saw management present and/or leadership. I witnessed daily verbal abuse of customers including screaming and even saw on the odd occasion physical abuse of customers. Only pros were the flexibility of work/life balance due to them always being understaffed and the good pay.

Dictatorship management

I have never experienced such bad management at any company. They reward and breed toxic behaviour, lie to good employees and promise the world but will never deliver. Management take advantage of good people and will pay unliveable wages to overworked and burnt out staff. Please do not work here if you have morals.

Awful

Nepotism/Staff who scream at clients at the day service- they had some clients in tearsPoorly managedSome team leaders not experienced/Poor WH&S/Toxic workplace

Pros

Salary Sacrifice

Cons

Treat staff dreadfully

It is good opportunity to work in this work place.

Productive and enjoyable when working with right staff, staff work well with Customers their can meet the customers needs. Leadership Opportunity are available.

Pros

Some times free lunch

Cons

Short + long hours

Current long term employee, supportive an intergrative workplace

Worked for Multicap, for a number of years over a number of roles, I have found the SLF by far the best amongst others services, the staff often make an extreme effort to make them homely and really personalised as they should be, and my current service leader is amazing, the only con, is self entitled team members who show little respect to leaders and top management doing nothing about it, often demanding time off for "school" or other work commitments, often demanding to not attend appointments and generally just offering a poor service where good workers and service leaders have to do double to work to accommodate, additionally the casual pool base is really slim, and some staff are lacking skills or will to be proactive sometimes,and thus creates a uncomfortable negative working experience at times.There are however some lovely , service leaders and long term staff that are amazing , they certainly want the best for who we support and really are encouraging to always do better.

Pros

Supportive service leader and great long term customers and staff

Cons

Picking up slack from workers who really dont care, small casual pool base, watching disrespect toward leadership

Company has good intentions but poorly managed

The company has good intentions but it is poorly managed. Not the best place to work if you want to advance your career and are studying as you will meet some Service Leaders who want to bring you down because you are pursuing your career goals. No support for University students. Bias against people of colour by some service leaders is shocking especially if they find out you are studying to better your future. They feel threatened and start sabotaging you from every angle they can. Management does not do anything about it despite the fact that MultiCap employs so many people of colour who end up being discriminated against by some service leaders.

Pros

Clients are lovely to work with

Cons

Bully service leaders who get away with it every time

Unsupportive management

An incident happened while at work involving a client who damaged my vehicle Management took three weeks to do anything ................................When I reported to the Union about the incident My hours dropped and I resigned

Pros

None always understaffed

Cons

Very long hours

All talk but no action

Disappointing organisation to work for, no support, a tick and flick excercise in supporting people with a disability. Team culture terrible, very little opportunity to advance.

Pros

Cons

Long hours terrible team culture and unsupportive management

So much potential, so few good leaders

Exec leadership is poor. Systems and processes held back in inefficient paper based methods even though they have the tools and team to improve, because of exec preferences. Senior managers and execs dictate what will happen in areas outside their remit and cause more inefficiencies. Quality staff are there but are not respected or listened to. Good people aren't allowed to do their best.

Very stressful and no support from management

Mid to senior management very poor communication with staff, its as if they have really no understanding what working with individuals with a disability is about. they need less text book approach and more understanding of what roles really entail.

Pros

Meals

Cons

Long hours, unsupported and very poor communication from management

Not good

Don't support their staff Lot of staff turn over Never ask staff how they are A lot of bullying with Service leaders Seen a lot of good staff leave

Highly recommended

Multicap is very collaborative, provide high-quality services to customers, multicultural, equality, good management systems and great teamwork. The only challenge is that after working for over 6 months, you are not guaranteed to be a permanent staff compare to other industries. To be a permanent staff is strictly based on connections or grace.

I thoroughly enjoy my job, i love my clients. The most enjoyable part is helping my clients to participate in fun activites and watching them enjoy.

The hardest part of my job is some behaviours it can be challenging but getting to know your client and how to cope makes it a lot easier..My team mates are awesome. A typical day at work is helping my clients to be independant and a healthy lifestyle by walking and playing cricket.

Keep mouth shut

Disappointed as I was hoping to retire but it never happened .I felt there was not enough support for us as support workers . Got involved with many things was a WHS rep. Apply for other positions was never an easy task

Clients are awesome, co-workers are great n very friendly.

To much conflict of interest. Hours go to friends of management... Can be stressful when management do not communicate. Team leaders never answer their phones. At first you are offered

Not a great environment

Very stressful environment due to the inability and lack of support from management team. Over worked and underpaid. ineffective or no communication from management.

Joining Multicap was my best idea

I Loved to work at Multicap, I get enough shifts according to my uni availabilities. The staff are amazing. I learned how to cook meat which i couldnt cook due to being Vegetarian. The workplace culture is amazing there, it's stress free nd staff are cooperative.

Divers,productive and exciting place to work

Drive to work to a distance of about 20-30 minutes to an accommodation where the tenants are very excited to see you, even offer to pick up your back and began telling you about all that transpires in the house while you were away. A clean homely place with the person in the home who consider you a member of the family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Multicap. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Multicap with