Munch Express
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Munch Express Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
Opening 5:30 am organise all stuft.
Cook typical breakfast.

Cook lunch (Hamburger, fries, salad, sandwich, wraps).

Customer service

Make a stock of the food needed for the next day.

Make the food requirement to the warehouse.

Area cleaning
Pros
Busy day
Cons
The job is very collaborative and friendly to new workers. The job is extremly sales and customer service based, KPI's are set high but great to see the company aiming high and driving their employees for greatness!! Some dont like the challenge hence the complaints but if you ever wanted to feel supported by a management team, here is one of the best teams i have worked with.

The job has allowed me to balance my work and home life, i have never been happier in myself and abilities. the company has made be shine!! even through Covid-19 the business has support all employees and conducted business very professional!!
Pros
the team and culture
Cons
vans - not more new vans coming in
The most toxic work environment I have ever endured.
Management is a joke, they do not care about the employees in any way, all they care about are sales.

You will never make $30/hr, there are literally only like 4-6 girls on that rate and they have been there for years, you will be lucky to make $22/hr, and overtime? Forget it, you won't even be paid correctly forthe hours you do work, and they don't pay your super
Cons
They don’t pay your super, instead of supporting staff they blame you for the companies shortcomings. Trucks constantly break down, hard selling products that are sub par at expensive prices . Management is a joke you only get 21.50 an hour
The workplace is toxic and ill be surprised if they continue to operate much longer with the current climate
Pros
Customers are the only good part
Cons
Low wage, management is terrible, workers are toxic
I had been working as production operator

Pros

casual work environment and no dress code

Cons

A big work load and hard to get everything completed
this business is wonderful, the opportunity is amazing and model is fanastic. Great company to be part of as they are rebuilding. great core values and family run business

management are great and very supportive

only negative too many 'past people or history' hold the business back
Knowing what customers like to eat and cater for there needs
Making money for a business

beating my sales

Making sure the temperature is equally to reduce waste

The business has the right stock available for my catering
Typical day at work,Good environment,nice co-workers,they have good work ethics,easy going work pace,alright management,confidential,easy work,ongoing work environment.
Such a good place to work the only bad side is causal, but there is opportunity for full time employment But is always super easy to pick up shifts if you are willing to work hard. Such an easy and rewarding job! Serving friendly customers all day

Highly recommended!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Munch Express?
I was only at munch for a period of 12 months, the business has potential to grow and expand to greater things. Major issue is the staff blame culture, there are some strong and passionate staff members but there are others that ruined it for everyone and brings the place down which ruins the growth and opportunity for everyone. I left due to my family but if they get rid of the negative people it has a great future
The job itself is awesome, getting to spend your day on the road and interacting with regular customers, and coming back to the yard to your mates and having a chat about your day. The management side of things is a joke however, I'd truly be surprised if this company still exists in a few years. Completely turn a blind eye mechanical problems, safety issues, OH&S, staff morale. Instead of wondering why the company was losing customers, management would just increase prices and end up driving away more people . Almost 0 training, some girls got 1 or 2 days before they were sent out by themselves and mocked when they would get lost or complain. Would never go back unless it was bought out by someone else.
Pros
Great customers, good work hours, fun job if you try and just do your work and go home.
Cons
Unsafe vehicles, no aircon, constant breakdowns, constant stock issues, low pay, aggressive management and toxic environment
I went in for training and then they put me of
That’s one way to suck all the confidence out of someone and then telling ya they are going to offer you a job

Full of nonsense
Pros
Tell you your not suitable after two days
Cons
Train you two days
Wow, never in my life have i endured such a non functioning environment. Management are completely blind and refuse to fix the toxic environment they have caused. Would never encourage anyone to work here. And would highly encourage those that are there to leave.
Pros
Some of the staff are genuine
Great people!
Great Culture!

Great and clean Environment!

Management is very knowledgeable.

Promoting health and safety.

Company has clear targets and working towards them.
Working for Munch Express was a fun fast paced environment. Early starts but early finishes. The day went quick and all my customers were awesome......
Always enjoyed greeting my customers every day. There were also great community support incentives.

Where the company failed abysmally is having unsafe vehicles and very poor quality training. Expect only a few days of training your route before you are solo. Pay only reaches up to $30 if the van is meeting sales targets with an expectation to sell often over priced food, with heavy competition or only small reigonal areas it is unrealistic for a new employee to expect anything other than minimum rate.

Reversing is a nightmare with side mirrors loose and only bolted on most vehicles leading to numerous accidents, almost all vehicles have no air conditioning, the fridges in almost all vehicles don't work so food is time temperature compromised - staff are asked to submit false temperature readings to authorities, repeated reports for maintainence will be ignored.

Loved the job, loved my customers, did not love their complete lack of business ethics.
Pros
Good customers
Cons
Mulitple breaches of WH&S laws
Great job, easy to do, work as your own boss. Lots of friends to make, mainly suits women as drivers. Early starts and early finishes, made for a great work life.
Pros
Easy to do and learn
Cons
Early start
Was great to start the day early and watch the sun come up as we would travel out to our territory.
I met a lot of wonderful people, through fellow collegues and customers.