Munich Re
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Munich Re Employee Reviews

Great place to work people are friendly Great benefits free parking in the Atlanta area 401K plan is great generous amount of paid vacation time to all employees
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No on-site cafeteria
The staff there were rude, conniving, backstabbers. Management disregarded the behavior and the stress of dealing with those people daily, was through the roof.
Pros
holidays
Cons
people
Im klassischem Rückversicherungsgeschäft ist die Munich Re sicherlich eine der besten Adressen. Bei alternativen Geschäftsfeldern konkurriert sie mit Banken und zieht da deutlich den Kürzeren, was sich folglich auch auf die eigene Karriere auswirken kann.
Pros
Gratis Mittagessen
Cons
Keine Aufstiegschancen und keine Gehaltserhöhungen
Open minded people with a lot of diversity . Work Ed in multiple projects related to re insurance, JavaScript, Csharp, Oracle database,Sql ,claims, history....
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Orverload work
Lot of new and exciting changes. The company is going through a transformation in the tech space which is positive and will streamline a lot of processes and provide new learning opportunities.
Manager was a train wreck, he got promoted. His manager took over and completely screwed everyone, then got let go with a golden parachute. Then they brought in someone from the outside that tore apart the entire division and sent everyone packing with out packages.
Pros
Cons
Management is only concerned with their pay and big bonuses.
Nice to work with so many smart people in a big project. Very supportive business people when you need their help. Good location, well paid for full-time employees.
Company has high standards for sustainability and environmental impact. Company is changing with great goals for the future. Excellent location in NJ with another addition in PA.
The team I worked for was magnificent! My boss was such a mentor and truly taught me the way if the business. The only issue I ran into was the Executive Assistants that were salty if someone more skilled and "younger" than they were came into the circle. They played mean girl and made your life miserable to work along with them. You couldn't do anything about it either because their tenor took president.
Good place to work...kind of relaxed...Nice environment,leadership,location,cafeteria and lot of learning and healthy lifestyle. Good place to work...kind of relaxed...Nice environment
A typical work day always varies with something different daily. You need to be proactive and disciplined with your emails and make sure you know how to balance your work load, otherwise you will become overwhelmed. Always prioritize and make certain you answer emails timely. I have learned to always be concise and straight to the point in presentations, and my work. Make sure your work is correct, do not assume anything. Do not over promise and under deliver, and make sure project timelines can be met. Push back when necessary. The culture is friendly and approachable, and if I was to state the hardest part of my job, it would be the complexity of the process and juggling the work load. Simplify would be the answer.. Enjoyable; is meeting all deadlines with success, and making the end users and clients happy, in other words doing a good job!
Pros
Work/Life Balance. Culture & Values
Cons
Like anything else nothing is permanent
With a large company comes benefits not found in medium or small sized companies. Bureaucracy also comes with it, but it is manageable. Decent job advancement possibilities.
Workplace is comfortable. With rent reimbursement and clean lunch station. Colleagues are willing to help and professional. Supervisor was kind and knowledgable.
At Munich Re it is all about process. There is very little freedom that allows an entrepreneurial environment to flourish. While I did learn a great deal working there, the culture can be a bit stifling. If you are a "lifer" at the company, like being given a lot of instructions, you will do well there. However, if you like an environment that allows you to do different things that are "outside the box" or entrepreneurial, you will find it to be a difficult place to work.
Empresa de prestigio y con buenas prestaciones para los empleados
The atmosphere is professional and a very driven high performance culture. The company caters to actuarial students and talent. The last 5 years have seen a dramatic shift in culture. The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant change; like most companies Munich Re is on a path to digitization. The company has been experiencing some great successes in the market so that is a plus of working here. Downside, the work/life balance can become a bit hectic.
I enjoyed the PM work that was assigned to me. The people I interacted with were very nice and willing to help when needed. As a consultant I always found resources available.
I am an energetic and young talented guy who is having experience at corporate world where I am working for the Dawn Group at Incledon division as a buyer,stated 2017 to current.I enjoy working as abuyer which is so challenging and thought provoking almost every day as you have to deal with human behaviour and problem solving every moment,because you have to discuss the process of sale to suppliers where you sourcing and better prices as well which is critical part.
Worst experience ever. They hired me as an intern and throughout my time there, they didn't give me any work to do. I wasted my 2.5 months and all the manager did was talk about how they are trying to innovate new things and blah blah. Worst IT team too. Took ages to get issues fixed.
Its good to work here.There is a good work life balance and the Management & Client are awesome. I can say for people who are willing to work at MunichRe that they will have great things to learn.
Reinsurance is a fascinating business but at risk of being commoditized (competing on increasingly narrow margins to provide capital). Loads of opportunities to innovate and grow if there is a unifying vision in place. Diversity is a big problem - most people come from the same schools and same programs and there are many people who have been with the company for many, many years. Need to attract different talent and skillset to grow and thrive - specially tech talent.