Murdoch University Employee Reviews

Very good experience
Computer Science Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 November 2018
Murdoch University allowed me to visit schools in many areas across Perth, teaching students robotics and learning the most effective methods for conveying ideas to students.
Good work ethic
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 August 2018
enjoyed working there very much, good people and work ethics, also very good work environment. get to help out student and communicate with a lot of different nationalities people.
Fun, but pays nothing at Murdoch Uni
Ordinary Student Guild Councillor (Current Employee) –  Murdoch WA3 July 2018
Very cosy and interesting. You get to engage with students and staff, discussing current matters, organising events and managing student clubs and societies.
Pros
Only work a few hours a week, Occasional Free food and a lot of engagement, possible benefits for club leaders
Cons
No pay
Productive invironment
Student (Current Employee) –  Perth WA29 March 2018
Love attending, I have learnt so much, a positive place to learn.
Communication could be alot better, maybe more texts could be sent out to enhance the learning experience
nice workers.
Bookshop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murdoch WA17 January 2018
people were lovely to work for, always helpful and willing to train you and make sure you were comfortable and understood your role. Made sure you had adequate breaks and people helping during peak times.
Nice environemnt but plenty of red tape.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Murdoch WA28 August 2017
A very nice environment but the constant threat of the removal of the EBA is draining on the once positive culture. Dictatorial, mediocre leadership at the top is leaving only like-minded middle managers which is counterproductive to innovation, inspiration and diversity.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Dictatorial, mediocre leadership at the top
relaxing
Summer Scholarship Student (Former Employee) –  Perth, Western Australia7 June 2017
Friendly work environment, willing to teach and share facts, opinions and experience. High learning potential from a myriad of academic levels, flexible working hours
Pros
High educational value
Cons
allowances cannot cover living expenses
Finance Officer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Murdoch WA14 March 2017
Fantastic Team great incentives . everyday work life was great management was always very helpful, very diverse with culture. I learned a lot about finance and data entry.
Chance to inspire within tertiary education
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Murdoch WA3 March 2017
Murdoch university provides me with an opportunity to inspire students and facilitate their learning. It is a mostly growth-orientated environment. As a tutor, there is limited room for internal growth with the absence of a PhD.
Pros
Friendly staff, competent administration, generally psychologically safe working environment
Cons
Occasional office politics
Nanny job while studying
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 April 2016
This was a nanny job I worked part time while studying at Murdoch University. Great place to attend university, teachers and staff were all wonderful!
It takes a while to be accepted
Tax Accountant, Contract (Former Employee) –  Murdoch, WA26 November 2015
Coming from commerce into the University, there was a lot of suspicion. It would be lovely if all parts of the university work together as one Murdoch University.
Great place to work but no security of employment.
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA6 October 2015
It is a great place to work, on campus or online. I enjoyed the opportunities; including design of units. I enjoyed the culture and the team spirit.The only significant issue is the casual nature of the work.
Ph.D. Researcher (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA17 August 2015
Research intensive environment which is exactly what I was looking for. The working environment is excellent with good interaction with researchers in other disciplines.
customer service
volunteer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  perth, Australia3 August 2015
hard working person
Learned to be a positive communications skill.
Cash Handling and more care in calculations.
Very friendly and supportive workers.
Never felt harder while serving customers.
Felt more energetic serving and working with customers
Pros
free time
Cons
lunch bresk
Pleasant work environment
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST - FINANCE (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA8 February 2015
It is a pleasant work environment. The university is easily accessible using public transport. The system requires additional processes to be put in place which means there is room for improvement.
The working environment and Challanges
PhD Fellow (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA5 August 2013
The university working environment is very pleasant and enjoyable because the work I have to go through everyday is writing, being in laboratory for analyses, presentation etc. which is interactive and thought provoking. The challenges I have to face are intellectual and creativity oriented and That's why I find the working environment and challenges are very good for me.
Pros
Remuneration, friendly colleagues etc.
Cons
Long hour of work, load of work etc
Tutor and researcher into progression and attrition in University enabling courses
Tutor and Researcher (Former Employee) –  Murdoch University8 December 2012
My days at Murdoch in a tutoring role involved a class of 15 students from Equity backgrounds. The preparation course provided alternative entry pathway to undergraduate study . As researcher I conducted a multivariate analysis and a thematic analysis of the student cohort to determine the significance of underrepresented background on academic achievement. I had good support and relationships with management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was collating four years worth of student data. The best part of the job was completing the research.

Prior to working at Murdoch I worked at ECU as unit coordinator, instructional designer, learning adviser and equity liaison in the University Preparation Course. I developed instructional material in Blackboard 9 and provided student assistance in academic writing and numeracy. As equity liaison I was responsible for managing learning and assessment plans for students with a disability, medical or other equity claim.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
none that i can think of.
Nice place to work and grow in career
Postgraduate Tutor (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA18 August 2012
Typical experiences at a research oriented university
During my employment at Murdoch University I acquired professional engineering skills, academic and research skills as well as consultancy and commercial testing skills
Co-workers were professional, helpful and good mentors, knowledgeable in their respective area of specialisation
Pros
excellent work life balance, good research facilities
Cons
funding renewal limitations