Murdoch University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Murdoch University Employee Reviews

Australia25 reviews
Peer Tutor
The work was good and I enjoyed teaching students about various classes and skills. It depends per semester whether or not there are students in need of tutoring, but overall it was fun
Terrible department
The work culture is bad, poor treatment of research students, poorly equipped for research, poor ethical researchers. I wouldnt recommend it.
Little experience in research.
Great atmosphere, cool work colleagues and the golf buggies are fun :)
I loved working here with the maintenance team during the chilled water project throughout the library, the above ground gas pit project, and surveying the plumbing throughout the campus. Worked with a great bunch of blokes who taught me how to weld poly pipe. Awesome atmosphere being surrounded by gardens and the pop up refractory always had a huge variety of food that would change frequently.
Working in Murdoch University
A true multicultural working environment, has state of the art research facilities in biotechnology. I have learned techniques of molecular plant breeding, running laboratory equipment and maintenance.
Pros
Working and learning
Cons
Job security
Good work collegues and line management
High management very unapproachable. Very pedantique, line manager very knowledgeable and helpfull having conflict with senior management.
Interesting projects good learning opportunity.
Pros
Close to public transport
Cons
long travel hours
Very supportive and involved community
Murdoch university is My University. I love it, I live it, I work in it and I study in it. It gives my life meaning and I am looking forward to my next year there. I couldn't ask for a better environment in which to learn and work.
Pros
my team and my friends
Cons
just exam stress but that cant be avoided
Very good experience
Murdoch University allowed me to visit schools in many areas across Perth, teaching students robotics and learning the most effective methods for conveying ideas to students.
Good work ethic
enjoyed working there very much, good people and work ethics, also very good work environment. get to help out student and communicate with a lot of different nationalities people.
Fun, but pays nothing at Murdoch Uni
Very cosy and interesting. You get to engage with students and staff, discussing current matters, organising events and managing student clubs and societies.
Pros
Only work a few hours a week, Occasional Free food and a lot of engagement, possible benefits for club leaders
Cons
No pay
Productive invironment
Love attending, I have learnt so much, a positive place to learn.
Communication could be alot better, maybe more texts could be sent out to enhance the learning experience
nice workers.
people were lovely to work for, always helpful and willing to train you and make sure you were comfortable and understood your role. Made sure you had adequate breaks and people helping during peak times.
Nice environemnt but plenty of red tape.
A very nice environment but the constant threat of the removal of the EBA is draining on the once positive culture. Dictatorial, mediocre leadership at the top is leaving only like-minded middle managers which is counterproductive to innovation, inspiration and diversity.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Dictatorial, mediocre leadership at the top
relaxing
Friendly work environment, willing to teach and share facts, opinions and experience. High learning potential from a myriad of academic levels, flexible working hours
Pros
High educational value
Cons
allowances cannot cover living expenses
Relaxed happy enviroment
Very busy during semester time otherwise very relaxed and happy place to work. Be prepared to be run off your feet during the first week of semester when students want their books.
Fantastic Team great incentives . everyday work life was great management was always very helpful, very diverse with culture. I learned a lot about finance and data entry.
Chance to inspire within tertiary education
Murdoch university provides me with an opportunity to inspire students and facilitate their learning. It is a mostly growth-orientated environment. As a tutor, there is limited room for internal growth with the absence of a PhD.
Pros
Friendly staff, competent administration, generally psychologically safe working environment
Cons
Occasional office politics
Nanny job while studying
This was a nanny job I worked part time while studying at Murdoch University. Great place to attend university, teachers and staff were all wonderful!
It takes a while to be accepted
Coming from commerce into the University, there was a lot of suspicion. It would be lovely if all parts of the university work together as one Murdoch University.
Great place to work but no security of employment.
It is a great place to work, on campus or online. I enjoyed the opportunities; including design of units. I enjoyed the culture and the team spirit.The only significant issue is the casual nature of the work.
Research intensive environment which is exactly what I was looking for. The working environment is excellent with good interaction with researchers in other disciplines.
customer service
hard working person
Learned to be a positive communications skill.

Cash Handling and more care in calculations.

Very friendly and supportive workers.

Never felt harder while serving customers.

Felt more energetic serving and working with customers
Pros
free time
Cons
lunch bresk