Murdoch University

29: Murdoch University Employee Reviews

Australia29 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

supportive work environment great colleague

management is supportive and open for commentsgreat colleague who provide support and help when neededpeople are friendlyworkload is fair and good for family life

Pros

supportive environment

Well grounded and productive experience

I really enjoyed working at Murdoch and feel that i was really extended to grow this position leading to growth and learning. I worked with great teams and was also given responsibilty to work independently also.

Pros

Worked with positive and inspiring people both staff and students.

Good colleague to work with

End to end accounts Receivable functions.Patience Nice managementWorking within educationFairly casual environmentReceiving thanks for input of work

Cooperative and Collaborative Workplace

Open to change and new opportunities. Excellent Management culture and work life balance is active and agreeable for both working parties. All in all a great place to work and I would take up the opportunity to work again at Murdoch any time.

Pros

Work life balance - open to appointments, start and finish times, very flexible

Cons

Paid parking

Terrible department

The work culture is bad, poor treatment of research students, poorly equipped for research, poor ethical researchers. I wouldnt recommend it. Little experience in research.

Peer Tutor

The work was good and I enjoyed teaching students about various classes and skills. It depends per semester whether or not there are students in need of tutoring, but overall it was fun

Great atmosphere, cool work colleagues and the golf buggies are fun :)

I loved working here with the maintenance team during the chilled water project throughout the library, the above ground gas pit project, and surveying the plumbing throughout the campus. Worked with a great bunch of blokes who taught me how to weld poly pipe. Awesome atmosphere being surrounded by gardens and the pop up refractory always had a huge variety of food that would change frequently.

Working in Murdoch University

A true multicultural working environment, has state of the art research facilities in biotechnology. I have learned techniques of molecular plant breeding, running laboratory equipment and maintenance.

Pros

Working and learning

Cons

Job security

Good work collegues and line management

High management very unapproachable. Very pedantique, line manager very knowledgeable and helpfull having conflict with senior management. Interesting projects good learning opportunity.

Pros

Close to public transport

Cons

long travel hours

Very supportive and involved community

Murdoch university is My University. I love it, I live it, I work in it and I study in it. It gives my life meaning and I am looking forward to my next year there. I couldn't ask for a better environment in which to learn and work.

Pros

my team and my friends

Cons

just exam stress but that cant be avoided

Very good experience

Murdoch University allowed me to visit schools in many areas across Perth, teaching students robotics and learning the most effective methods for conveying ideas to students.

Good work ethic

enjoyed working there very much, good people and work ethics, also very good work environment. get to help out student and communicate with a lot of different nationalities people.

Fun, but pays nothing at Murdoch Uni

Very cosy and interesting. You get to engage with students and staff, discussing current matters, organising events and managing student clubs and societies.

Pros

Only work a few hours a week, Occasional Free food and a lot of engagement, possible benefits for club leaders

Cons

No pay

Productive invironment

Love attending, I have learnt so much, a positive place to learn. Communication could be alot better, maybe more texts could be sent out to enhance the learning experience

nice workers.

people were lovely to work for, always helpful and willing to train you and make sure you were comfortable and understood your role. Made sure you had adequate breaks and people helping during peak times.

Nice environemnt but plenty of red tape.

A very nice environment but the constant threat of the removal of the EBA is draining on the once positive culture. Dictatorial, mediocre leadership at the top is leaving only like-minded middle managers which is counterproductive to innovation, inspiration and diversity.

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Dictatorial, mediocre leadership at the top

relaxing

Friendly work environment, willing to teach and share facts, opinions and experience. High learning potential from a myriad of academic levels, flexible working hours

Pros

High educational value

Cons

allowances cannot cover living expenses

Relaxed happy enviroment

Very busy during semester time otherwise very relaxed and happy place to work. Be prepared to be run off your feet during the first week of semester when students want their books.

Fantastic Team great incentives . everyday work life was great management was always very helpful, very diverse with culture. I learned a lot about finance and data entry.

Chance to inspire within tertiary education

Murdoch university provides me with an opportunity to inspire students and facilitate their learning. It is a mostly growth-orientated environment. As a tutor, there is limited room for internal growth with the absence of a PhD.

Pros

Friendly staff, competent administration, generally psychologically safe working environment

Cons

Occasional office politics

Nanny job while studying

This was a nanny job I worked part time while studying at Murdoch University. Great place to attend university, teachers and staff were all wonderful!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murdoch University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Murdoch University with