My Beauty Spot
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

My Beauty Spot Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
pretty easy job, not much oversight required from managers as long as you do the job well.
not overly stressful until peak trading periods such as christmas/ boxing day.
Not a bad place to work, you are left to do as you please. However, the upper management is non-existent. They never reply, and when they do they are rude. They do not care about staff and think everyone is replaceable.

Great place to work if your team is amazing. However, you are mostly working by yourself and not very many shifts
You are pretty much forced to do jobs above your pay grade such as working by yourself, ordering, invoicing, closing, opening, cashup, monthly cash up, and training new staff otherwise you wont get shifts
management dont care much

outdated software, stocktake is horrible

only good thing is working with the team, and they are very flexible with work times.

if you receive replies at all, it would be a minimum 5 day wait

you get your rosters the first day of the month, so no time

there are no managers at the stores, you're team is forced to work together and make your own lists, and rosters, i dont know how a retail store can work properly without management...
I actually enjoyed working here — my role and the girls I worked with made it a pleasant experience.
However, no matter how often I asked for extra shifts and usually covered for the other girls, I was often only rostered for one day a week.

I don’t think it has anything to do with my work ethic — it was simply the higher management who didn’t bother, even if our store manager put in a good word for me.
the team was very unprofessional, only a handful were willing to help and nice. unfortunately i didn’t have the best time at my beauty spot for that reason.
Great company that offers a fun fast pace environment to work in. Management are always there to help out when needed. Company offers support to all staff members.
Pros
Free samples when attending training seminars
Cons
-Gained extensive knowledge in the industry of fragrance and obtained a high level of face to face and over the phone customer service experience. (YOU ARE GIVEN NO TRAINING, DEPENDING WHICH STORE YOU WORK AT)

- POOR communication and management.

- VERY STRICT management

Overall, not my IDEAL place to work unless you are passionate about fragrance. Management isn't at its best. If you are a student of school or uni then this might be a suitable job for you.
Pros
grew an even bigger passion for fragrance
Cons
poor communication
easy job,
Hardest thing about working here was

Managers, as they have no idea how to communicate\operate a store.

useless!!!!!!

roaster comes out every two weeks, but you wont get it till the day before hand.

about 80% of the time i was underpaid.

They would refused to pay me for an additional 2 week. making it a long month to wait, even though it was there stuff up.

Complain that your pay is wrong/under and they cut your shifts.

good luck
Pros
work mates, easy job
Cons
management\ payslips
at my beauty spot i learnt more about perfumes and how to properly treat customers and the workers that were with me made my work shifts more interesting and fun
Pros
fun days
Cons
Great way to gain experience in the retail industry, learn all the different fragrances. Make life long friendships whilst working for such a well known company.
Always good atmosphere at work. I learn about team work.Management was poor. Co-workers were amazing.Manager was not good. Job was goos as I enjoyed my work.
Pros
Discount on goods
Cons
Behavior of manager was not good
We can improve our customer service skills and negotiation skills. Sometimes I find its challenging to achieve the sales target. So we have to implement lot of promotions and advertising. My manager is very flexible and easy to work with. He guide us when we need help at work. And I have a good team in my workplace.
Pros
Get together parties
Cons
The team is great, the boss is not organised meaning we get our monthly roasters several days into the new month.
The pay is not to crash hot. Very easy job, clean, not hard at all!
Pros
Discount on perfume
Cons
uncertain hours