My Supports
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

My Supports Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
The company is fine.
Management (co-ordinators) leaves a little to be desired.

Not enough work for the locals in regional areas.

Too many support workers per client ratio
Pros
Good company with clients
Cons
No company cars for transportation in regional areas
9 September 2019
Thanks for the review. We recognise that this can be a challenge, and are working to give more hour options to support workers. One way is providing more hours of support per client - this can be via supporting more complex clients, or via supports such as shared independent living services. We hope to see impact coming time.
I am very happy working in this company and I would recommend it to anyone just starting out and I am also looking at getting more staff in so if it sounds like u then call us
Be prepared to work very long days with this company with very little support , and very low level of remuneration .
The roles are ever expanding in expectation with very low levels of admin or managerial support .

This company needs to reflect on the support aspect of its identity , and provide a more supportive culture and environment
This company genuinely puts participants first. 50% of staff have a disability themselves or significant lived experience. It gives us a deeper understanding of the issues face by PWD, we get it!

There are KPI's but the position is not KPI driven. There is no hierarchy, we are a team and everyone is encouraged to request training opportunities, and offer input for improvements. During the weeks training in Sydney the CEO came out to dinner with us, founding members are actively involved with the staff. I am so grateful to be working with such an ethical, forward thinking and person-centred company. It really is a breath of fresh air.

A typical day at work involves meeting with participants in the community or in their homes, liaising with other service providers to put the participants plans into action, so their goals can be realised. Attending Expos, information nights, talking to TAFE/Highschool students and the wider community, attending interagency meetings, and being actively involved in the community. And finally supporting our Support Workers in their role.
Pros
Reflective Leadership, Empowering participants to have choice and control over their own lives, Working from a home office, We are not micromanaged
Cons
None at this stage
9 September 2019
Thanks for wonderful comment! We are glad that has been your experience!
Company offers flexible work hours, but minimal training and management support. No emergency call number or contact after business hours.
Little contact with other support workers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No training opportunities
Thanks for comment:
Our training and coaching has expanded a great deal last year, all coordinators receive a weeks training at start, and then options of a range of webinar trainings on an ongoing basis - I would encourage you to discuss with your coach.

We do have emergency/after hours contact - see numbers on our website.

Most teams have monthly team meetings, where all team staff get together to discuss and share learnings - I would discuss that with your coach when those meetings are held.

Hope this helps!