Myer Employee Reviews

Poor culture
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 June 2019
Managers are inconsistent. Every department will treat you differently. Many are rude and use shame techniques to try and make you “sell” more. There is little faith or autonomy given to floor staff. Positive feedback - out of the question.

The staff room doesn’t always have access to hot water, cleaning products and is overall disgustingly filthy.

We only have access to the public toilets where excrements are smeared on the walls and may or may not flush.

This place is where authentic customer service dies and demotivation sets in.
Pros
Very small staff discount
Cons
No stability, very negative and stressed work space.
not great place to work for
Electrical salesman (Former Employee) –  albury9 May 2019
honestly myer is a place that pride itself on prestige like only the best people shop at myer it just was not me. i am to honest and i hate screwing with the customers like myer buys a tv for $500 and sells for $3000 that's just not cool i was asked to sell myer credit cards for a bonus i dont work for money i work for the sake of having a paycheck so i can survive
Pros
nice christmas bonus
Cons
bad hours
Work Days
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate VIC6 May 2019
Every day I came into work I was always learning and gaining new experiences such as working with many different people that I was not familiar with.
Pros
Everyone was nice
Cons
nothing
Supportive work environment with friendly colleagues, respectful behaviour, cooperative management
Casual Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW3 May 2019
Great to work here with friendly and supportive colleagues. I learnt cash handling, register duties, merchandising, and stock retake, Work ethics is highly valued with good norms.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
rush hours
Fun and interesting place to work
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 May 2019
The best part is working with great colleagues and meeting customers, who the majority are nice and friendly. There is a major focus on achieving targets and KPIs. It is a fairly good working environment however there is too much pressure placed on sales, not customer service. Too many changes in management lately is not beneficial either.
One of my most favourite jobs
Senior Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 April 2019
I was a Senior Stylist, day to day was always different with my clients.

I mostly learned about my clients and their story as to why they had come to see me, some of my clients are now my good friends.

The culture was one of the best! Work hard and you get rewarded.

Hard wasn't a word I was faced with much but Its always touch and go when styling someone who doesn't necessarily see themselves as beautiful. This was a challenge and one I accepted! it filled me with joy to see someone feel beautiful.
Pros
Great events and media jobs linked from Myer
Cons
n/a
probably the worst place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 March 2019
After 3 years at Myer Melbourne, i had enough. The management is horrific, they will judge you on mental health conditions, they have no structure whatsoever and if you dont have connections within the business good luck trying to progress within the store.
The whole entire office is just sheep following sheep, absolutely clueless on what to do. They love to hire people externally and neglect the loyal and talented workers that truly deserve the positions.

Myer Melbourne is falling apart and we all know why. You neglect your workers health, you do not care about peoples personal lives, you do not care about ANYTHING unless its MYER MYER MYER.

Take a good look at yourselves and maybe ask, "maybe if we treated our staff better, they wouldnt leave"
Pros
discount
Cons
idiots
Fun place to work Penrith Myer
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW20 March 2019
Myer has an extensive training system. I enjoyed working for Myer during the busy Christmas period. Friendly staff and customers. Although some casual staff members worked hard at not working.
Overall a good working environment.
Pros
Great staff discounts
Cons
Most managers were great.
Horrible management
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 March 2019
Dependent on the location, the management is the downfall of Myer. No shifts for regulars that have worked for over years, but a constant influx of new casuals.
Staff employed but not given work!!
Casual Position in Miss Shop (Current Employee) –  Marion SA7 March 2019
This job is not reliable so i have been forced to find another job.

I am trained and have provided excellent customer service (according to the sats in our system) so there is no reason not to have me or similar co workers on the floor. this must be due to employing more workers than able to provide work.

The culture however is fun and full of good people doing their best for the business!
I enjoyed the hours i did get and loved coming to work!
Most Staff are lovely and full of life - It is the perfect job other than not being given shifts.
Pros
Good people and Good energy
Cons
No work.
it was great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2019
it was really helpful for me to work .they helped to grow and they also made me realize the importance of time and how to deal with difficult situations.
Organizer place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS25 February 2019
Started working there at a very young age. Was treated with kindness and good training. Friendly working environment,with room for promotion. Would recommend them highly as an employer.
Pros
Discounts, chances of promotion
Cons
Stuck in one department .
Fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2019
It is a nice place to work with a good salary and an amazing friendly environment.
you get perks for being a team member
fashion knowledge is very important
Good workplace
Online Fulfilement (Current Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC6 February 2019
Great workplace and flexibility with hours. As a casual this might be a problem because during slow trade times there are no hours and many cuts. But during peak times there are lots of opportunities. Management is a bit difficult to communicate with but other than this it is a pretty good work environment.
friendly but not well organised enviroment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney City NSW4 February 2019
Myer, was good in gaining retail knowledge and being able to adapt to new environment under quick pressure. However management was poor due to under staffing, something which put alot of stress on the leadership team who tried to do their very best and were quite over worked. The people however were lovely and friendly providing almost a family work culture.
hard work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA30 January 2019
No two days are the same.
As a Manager you have to think your feet , anticipate customers needs and develop a highly skilled selling team that has a high customer satisfaction focus.
Pros
great discounts
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW28 January 2019
I really loved doing work experience here. I learnt a lot about communication and learning about different types of people in the workplace good and bad. The staff were really nice in the area I was working which was kidswear. The lunch breaks were a quite good amount of time and the only downside was long hours running around which did tire you out.
Pros
Good amount of break time
Cons
Opportunity to advance in sales and service, incentives and commisions
Lancôme Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD21 January 2019
A 9 to 5:30 day of customers service sales
Many management cuts were made during my time employed due to cut backs and restucturing
Fun team members
Late night traffic leaving the shopping centre
Meeting targets, commission from sales
Pros
discounts
Cons
closes at 9pm
Very Stressful environment to work in
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 November 2018
Worst Job ive had in years, very high pressure and stressful job environment from mangers with staff constantly stressed.
Not a nice environment to work in with many staff constantly overworked.
Constant bullying by many team members and nasty comments made about others on a day to day basis.
Overall no support or care from managers who just see you as another number.
Cons
Long hours, nasty staff.
Amazing work experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Preston VIC24 November 2018
I worked here for work experience since my school required students to complete at least one week of it. and I honestly loved it so much due to the culture and the environment of myer made everything so enjoyable. definitely would want a job there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Myer. Our community is ready to answer.