Myer Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 September 2018
MYER is a fun and engaging job, with excellent management, flexible hours and good rewards.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the fellow employees and the biggest negatitive is that during the middle of the year, available hours are few
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Repetitive Work
Christmas Casual
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC28 August 2018
I started off working at Myer as a Christmas Casual which then lead me to an on-going position. Myer is not like other retail businesses. Expect little to no training when it comes to the products you are selling. I would not recommend students going into Myer as it is a very upper class and snooty environment not only from the customers but from the staff. I found that the workplace culture was not inviting at all. Staff discount is pathetic at 15% which equates to barely anything when everything within the store is over priced.
Pros
Not much but 15% discount
Cons
Great learning experience, terrible place to do it in
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myer25 August 2018
Absolutely the worst place to go to if you're a student who is new to the work life. Being a Christmas Casual itself is not bad, however choosing where you want to be a casual is very important. I do not prompt you to work at Myer as a Christmas Casual as there was passive aggressive employers, unorganised workmenship, lack of empathy and a lack of understanding. You were literally shoved into an environment by yourself. I do not recommend it at all. They don't give you a name tag in the beginning, they do not explain your pay or how any of the technical stuff works (pay, username and password), they shove you into whatever department (even after specifying you want to do this _), little to no explanations etc.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Worst place work in as a teenager on their first job.
Fun place to learn and grow
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC21 August 2018
Great team members to interact with, they are helpful in case of any facing any hindrances in the work. Team members are willing to help you learn the aspects related to the work.
Pros
Learning Retail Business
Cons
Low Salary
Flexible and a really nice place to work at
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC19 August 2018
Myer is one of the best places to work . I would love to be part of MYER as a permanent employee . The company is undergoing some major changes and once it covers its losses in the past it will again be the leader in retail market .
Challenging but good learning experience
Part-Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD15 July 2018
Minimal staff so the ability to multitask was essential.
Quiet days were slow and alot was able to be accomplished, e.g. merchandising, maintaining store presentation.
Busy days were physically and mentally demanding but it was good.
Some staff were lazy and didn't pull their weight while other staff members did everything and got little appreciation.
Pros
Staff discount, most of management were empathetic and understanding, relaxed workplace
Cons
Alot of running around and cleaning up after customers
Productive workplace with a range of skills and different experiences
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 July 2018
High standards are maintained and the daily routine at this workplace. I was treated in a nice, friendly manner and my fellow staff were keen to help me learn new things and gain new experiences
Productive workplace, with opportunities to learn and grow
Customer Service Representative (casual) (Current Employee) –  Belconnen ACT13 June 2018
I started working here as a Christmas Casual and was advanced to a Permanent Casual when that contract ended. The manager's know what they're doing, and employees are given plenty of opportunities to flex their skills, while developing new ones.
Meet lots of great people
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD4 June 2018
Nice place to work
Lots of perks
Great discounts
People skills
The hardest part would be constant changes that go back and forth rather than sticking to a strategic plan
Working in Myer
Casual Sale Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morley WA29 May 2018
I have learnt my customer service skill in this role
The management team was great although super busy
The most enjoyable part of this job is to able to help customers meeting their requirements
customer service
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 May 2018
As Myer has had a culture change since I worked there i can only comment on previous years. Myer gave me great experiences dealing with managers and customers and opportunity to do training
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 May 2018
Everyone working here is very nice and very knowledgeable. Management was behind the work being done on the project, and gave it a lot of support. I recommend working here.
Average Training.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD30 April 2018
MYER, though average with there training, sure have a fantastic track record when it comes to employing people. Time spent with MYER is time spent well.
Company that is behind the times with biased management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 April 2018
Company behind the times with poor VM standards and out of date management
No guarantees with hours and an unfair performance indicator that is solely based on sales through registers not other tasks performed.
Staff and management have very little positive interaction
Pros
Met wonderful customers and made lasting friendships
Cons
Less than average pay and a company that expects Work to come before family
Not good for people looking for a serious job or career.
ELECTRICAL SALESPERSON / STOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Mackay QLD25 April 2018
I do not recommend working here unless you want to be stuck in a dead end job. No training will be provided. No progression unless your butt kissing management. if looking for a serious job, look elsewhere. I have worked here for nearly 6 years and have had no training offered by Myer, only training offered by third parties. Only managers get consistent hours, rest of the staff have to fight it out for what they can get. Every year they hire xmas casuals that we do not need and regular staff hours drop further. They offer little support for staff and the benefits are minimal.
Pros
staff discount.
Cons
poor communication, procedures are not consistent.
Positive atmosphere but very tedious.
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Macquarie ACT21 April 2018
Industrie is an amazing, high quality brand however I am located in a Myer Concession where I work by myself. For most of my time in the company there has been no manager at my store up until recently meaning I've had to work alone and use my intuition to keep the business flowing. All team members are approachable and easy going however there has been a large cut in shifts.
Pros
Great team, quality products
Cons
Shift cuts, work by myself
Concession team member(Part time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 April 2018
Good pay,flexible hours. Also scope of getting good shifts. Sometimes there can be long standing period but that is part of the job. Management is nice and there are good training opportunities.
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
long standing period
just selling
SALES& COUNTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  myer sydney city8 April 2018
selling, Customer service
Proccessing the sale, processing layby and gift card, returns

I learnes every thing you serve every customers

The worth mangement and still one of the worth in the contry

some people pretend to work and some people working hard and both get same salary ,

Just working for myer the hardest part

the end of the day that the best part in my job in myer
Pros
never
Cons
always for one stage you can work 10 dayes a week without day off with full time hours not fair
Great work/life balance, friendly staff.
Senior Planning & Documentation & Team leader (Former Employee) –  Docklands Melbourne Vic3 April 2018
The Myer Support Office has a great Team culture, Professional Management, a Safe working environment and a continuance of ongoing work. The internal and external suppliers and consultants are equipped with the latest innovations to provide for a customer friendly experience in the retail industry.
productive people brought down by a shameful company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 30002 April 2018
work life is great but they just stop giving shifts to people because of over hiring. environment was fun and i developed a great knowledge working there but the job security is non existent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Myer. Our community is ready to answer.