Myer Employee Reviews

Concession team member(Part time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 April 2018
Good pay,flexible hours. Also scope of getting good shifts. Sometimes there can be long standing period but that is part of the job. Management is nice and there are good training opportunities.
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
long standing period
just selling
SALES& COUNTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  myer sydney city8 April 2018
selling, Customer service
Proccessing the sale, processing layby and gift card, returns

I learnes every thing you serve every customers

The worth mangement and still one of the worth in the contry

some people pretend to work and some people working hard and both get same salary ,

Just working for myer the hardest part

the end of the day that the best part in my job in myer
Pros
never
Cons
always for one stage you can work 10 dayes a week without day off with full time hours not fair
Was cool
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC26 March 2018
worked in Miss Shop and shoes
learnt how to work in retail
management was okay, like 3 managers were leaving when i started working there so it was a bit messy
hardest part of working there was the rude customers
the best part was that the other employees were nice
Not a place for someone who need money
Xmas sales casual (Former Employee) –  Myer Garden city16 March 2018
Worst decision i took to engage my whole xmas period work for them for 2 years. No shifts and racism everywhere and doesnt matter how deficated you are. Totally terrible management and work force. No wonder why their business is not growing.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No hours, terrible management
Good pay friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 February 2018
the casual position has flexible hours and good pay. The staff are friendly and easy to get along with. there is a lot to learn and no proper training but you pick it all up as you go.
Hard working culture with friendly people
Online Fulfilment Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney City NSW8 February 2018
I have learned a lot in this company which has a vast array of markets to be utilised. During my time I have met a lot of interesting people and it is safe to say it is a good place to work
MYER (Large Australian Retailer)
Domain Architect (Networks) (Current Employee) –  Docklands, Melbourne1 February 2018
Each day is highly rewarding. The challenges facing MYER are significant, but with those challenges comes huge opportunity. All creative ideas are being considered. Management are ready to listen and take action. It's an exciting place to be.
Pros
Opportunity to make a difference
Cons
Worst mistake of my life taking this job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Carindale30 January 2018
Evil vm mngr (2006) ruined my career. Worked me unfairly whilst letting her special pets get the best jobs best departments. Wrecked my back my life has never been the same. Terrible store mngr, i loved my job. But i was 'different' from them and so was bullied until i was forced out. I hope the vm mngr has been removed, shes not fit to manage a pig sty. Legion
Pros
Great job
Cons
Terrible mngers
great
Sales Assistant (Christmas Casual) (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD27 January 2018
it was really great to work there I learned a lot. A typical day would just be serving customers and helping them. The best part about working there was learning how to fit bra's and the worst was getting rude customers.
Pros
great environment
Cons
couldn't stay
Team members were nice, management was not
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth City WA25 January 2018
The girls i worked with were really nice, the staff discount was also nice. My main issue was with the management, as a casual i felt very underappreciated. My manager in particular was really mean to me and after some time i started to fell anxious going into work. overall Myer in general seems like a decent place to work, i think it just depends on which store and department you are in.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
hours were too short (3 hours) or too long (10 hours). Rude managment
work experience as retail assitance
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  New South Wales23 January 2018
it was good experience I wasn't officially working there though would love it in the cosmetic department however cant get the qualification due to time.
Pros
got to communicate with customers.
Cons
didnt get to do cashier experience.
If you're young, expect to be taken advantage of and backstabbed constantly.
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Town Hall NSW21 January 2018
Decent (not the best but okay) discount.
Okay shifts (3-5 hours, longer in December)

Poor pay (especially for younger workers, i got paid slightly below minimum wage for my age)
Constant gossip (throughout the entire floor, not just the area I worked in)
"Bossed" around by older workers constantly while they do hardly anything. They have a lot of attitude towards young workers, especially when the manager isn't around. But when the manager is around, they "kiss-up" to them big time.
Retail.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 January 2018
Like most retail environments, it has its ups and down. Myers' business focus on online, is diminishing its customer service base at its major stores. Disappointing.
if you are young and naive don't bother
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 January 2018
Pros: Great hours and a handful of co workers were genuinely nice.

Cons: Possibly the most gossipy workplace I've ever encountered; expect a lot of talking behind backs. Especially when I worked there (and was only 16), older workers could easily take advantage of you.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
negative atmosphere
not enough staff
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 January 2018
Good communications between managers how so ever a lack with other employees.Always busy place with a fun atmosphere, flexible hours and easy time table schedule
Friendly and welcoming.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD4 January 2018
It is a great place to start in the retail industry with many opportunities to try your hand in different departments. However, they did throw me in the deep end on my first day. They didn't specify the zones, or tell me where to go or who to talk to on that first day. It was very 'on-the-job' learning.
Pros
Help is always available
Cons
No breaks and undefinite hours
productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ringwood East VIC21 December 2017
my favourite area was warehousing there was always something to do.also was my first experience on the docks and warehousing. I also worked on the floors mostly women's apparel. the staff are good at leading by example
Pros
flexible and driven work ethic
Cons
at the time there was alot of contruction in the plaza so it was extra dusty
Learning Environment
casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC21 December 2017
Within my experience at Myer, it has been tough. Long hours and less than min wadge, for a big company. No one listens and everything is out of date. People skills are not in use and everyone is selfish when it comes to sales leaving things undone and being mean to each other.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
the managers
horrible place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 November 2017
the place was too large and it often felt like there was no one to go too about situations. there is no communication and the pay is not worth any of it
Pros
knowledge
Cons
poor pay
Professional and fun environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 November 2017
This job really allows you to develop your customer service and communication skills. Some of the staff were quite driven and motivated which had its pros and cons- they would motivate you but were also very sales focussed which meant they were quite self-interested at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Myer. Our community is ready to answer.