NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews

Challenged with constant technology changes.
Digital Technology Portfolio BA Lead (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW16 April 2018
Been motivated and engaged to do my day work, was looking forward to work on new projects and collaborate with business stakeholders, solution designers and Dev scrum teams and get to see the project successfully implemented.

I've learned new methodologies (waterfall, Agile, BDD, TDD), new software apps (Jira, Confluence, Lotus Notes, Outlook etc.), Investment and Superannuation products, Online customer experience, new business online applications, E2E project cycle.

A very positive workplace culture with opportunities for training and volunteering. Have grown with good company values and behaviours.

Encourage BAs to improve our BA practices in an Agile environment.

In my own opinion there are no hard jobs, strive to approach with a positive angle, try to ask the right questions the right people.

All BA tasks are enjoyable, especially the analysis part and the story /acceptance criteria part.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, biscuits, fruit (stopped recently)
Cons
Underpaid compared to external pays
No Comment - Too long ago
Contract Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC4 April 2018
No Comment - Too long ago for short contract. Relaxed workplace culture. Team members were all friendly and easy to get along with. Within short distance to public transport and garden parks
Pros
Flexible hours in the city
Cons
no issues of note
Busy and productive
Contact Centre Advisor (Mortgage Services) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 March 2018
Very busy workplace that keeps you on your toes. You deal with a lot of calls from clients on a daily basis. You have to answer very difficult questions and find solutions for clients. A lot of KPI's have to be met. The workplace environment is open but you have no time to relax as you a very busy most of the time
Pros
nice offices, room for advancement
Cons
too busy. not too much balance
Excellent working conditions
Customer Service/Teller (Former Employee) –  Halifax/ Ingham1 March 2018
I worked at the National Australia Bank Halifax for 14 and a half years and transferred to Ingham branch for 18 months in total 16 years and enjoyed the work.
Pros
Staff benefits at the time
Our branch was a great place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Edenhope VIC28 February 2018
I enjoyed my work at the bank and took great pride in my error free cash balancing It was only the pressure of convincing older people to the modern way of thinking with internet banking etc I enjoyed the meeting the new knew customers
Good working culture
Senior Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  North Sydney NSW27 February 2018
A typical day at NAB starts with daily scrum meeting. I found the work culture very balanced. NAB is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is well respected, appreciated. The team members are very supportive and are very technical. Getting good exposure to technical as well as wealth domain. Overall NAB is a very good company to work with.
No two days are the same in this industry
Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager Orange (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW19 February 2018
Each day brings new challenges, mainly good as it gives me a chance to meet new customers or reconnect with existing to help fulfil their financial or personal goals. Receiving feedback from customers and staff allows me to assess myself and make changes as required to be the best coach and team leader to enable to provide a 10/10 service to customers and staff alike.
We have a great team who work together very well to achieve team and individual goals.
Sharing our experiences of the day after the doors close each day is always interesting and inspiring.
We celebrate achievements and work towards being the best in the community and the region.
Making sure we are always compliant and endeavour to keep our customers safe at all times from fraudsters, scams. Keeping the team safe by adhering to correct security procedures.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
can be really long days at times
Customer Adviser (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 February 2018
I love working at NAB. Great culture and friendly environment. NAB has provided me with work-life balance during my 5 years to allow me to complete my studies and sporting commitments. NAB also encourage employee development and progression. I would highly recommend NAB as a great place to work.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
short staffed
Good team to work with
Business Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD8 February 2018
Important to have the ability in being calm with intense workload, working well with others, compliance within regulations and meeting customer needs are the important parts of the work. Learning how to use the systems effectively is critical. good pay.
typical work place
Senior Test Analyst -ETL (Current Employee) –  500 bourke st5 February 2018
employee's are serious about work,
management is one way communication, manager who i worked with does not have any empathy when a resource goes on compassionate leave.
Pros
good for permanent
Cons
not well qualified managers

Want to know more about NAB - National Australia Bank?

Ask a question
Extremely overwhelming and challenging role
Hays Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW21 January 2018
NAB on paper looked amazing. However, once I was there only a short time, the workload was insane, the staff turnover extremely high and the expectations unrealistic. Statistics driven not people focused leadership. Too many ways to do one thing. It turned out to be a very disappointing experience.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations
Bank Teller
Teller - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA21 January 2018
The role of a Bank Teller varied from day to day. It seemed busiest after a long weekend or just before when customers thought the ATM's were going to run out of money.
I learnt a lot of how banking works when it comes to meeting customers and completing their transactions for them, with the bank special procedures.
All the managers I worked with were very understanding of the need to fully understand the role and training was a bit part even after 4 years in the role.
NAB had regular branch functions with awards for workers who excelled in their role.
Hardest part of the job was being able to juggle the day when short staffed due to illness and no relief staff available.
Most enjoyable was working with my fellow workers who all made each other feel welcome
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Wonderful company
Australia, Business Banker (Former Employee) –  AU16 January 2018
Fabulous company to work for. Realistic career progression with incredibly supportive management. Fabulous workplace culture and overall just a lovely company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work
Retention Specialist, Wealth and Consumer Banking (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW6 January 2018
A good company to work with. Helps maintain work life balance and focuses on providing knowledge to employees for them to grow in life. Provides equal opportunities for growth
Big bank with difficult culture
Head of Marketing Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 December 2017
My role had a large amount of responsibility but the ever changing leadership structures made it very difficult to get projects implemented. I was glad for the opportunity but also glad to leave in the end.
Pros
Lots of resources
Cons
Culture of mediocrity
Tv room
Merchant Co-Coordinator running Contracts (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC11 December 2017
Rostered days off.Good work life balance training available at request, good oppurtunities to learn about new positions. Access to puvlic transport, goog hours
Pros
incentives
Work/ life employer of choice
HR Platform Consultant (Former Employee) –  Docklands, Victoria, Australia7 December 2017
NAB is a great employer with great benefits including work / life balance options for employees. I tried different roles and felt I could pursue different career paths without any hindrance, in fact I had three difference career paths whilst there.
Pros
Flexible working conditions, good compensation, banking benefits
Cons
Cross functional thinking is still being developed
Great company and great prospects.
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW6 December 2017
I worked here for a few years and gained lots of vital experience I've taken into further roles. If you have the determination, you can easily advance into higher roles.
Pros
Careers progression.
Banking center in Australia
Head of Telephony (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia22 November 2017
At the time, the NAB was just starting to focus on the customer experience. Things have progressed significantly since my contract with them. The customer experience outside of the banking centers was just starting to come into focus.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Matrix management structure
Sales orintainted Organisation
Customer Advisor / Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mornington Peninsula VIC21 November 2017
Its all about sales, meetings about sales meetings and debriefing on sales.
I feel the bank has lost some goodwill in nature and focuses only on achieving set sales targets, at the clients experience. My review is only the culture in the Branches and head office postions may be different. The colleagues are lovely however are put under undue duress in relation to meeting sales targets.
Hardest part of the job is achieving sales targets in an integral and honest nature. There is a culture of working unpaid over time.
The most enjoyable part is meeting clients when they come into the branches and being able to assist the in achieving their financial goals. I have made life long friends from the colleagues I have worked with.
Pros
Uniform is supplied
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.