NAB - National Australia Bank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews

Working at NAB teaches you a lot about working professionally to high standards. NAB has a great culture of delivery compared to other organisations I've been exposed to and they are professional, fair and competitive when it comes to delivering products and services with the industry. An opportunity for NAB is to improve their base salary in line with the other major financial institutions in Australia, as this will help retain talent from looking externally to supplement their living expenses with ever increasing costs of living.
Pros
Culture, Communication, Professional, Data Insights
Cons
Salary, Work Events, Long Hours
Have had enough of the micromanagement. I despise the RTM system. It's like being on a treadmill. I want out. My boss is a micro manager to the core. They don't like to be questioned and are not good at defending a less than convincing position on an issue when queried.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Micromanagers
Boring work that are repetitive, while being micromanaged. Everything is about meeting producitivty and SLA. Very micromanaging, but at the very least was lenient with leaves and emergency stuff.
Pros
Good work life balance if you get lucky enough to get a nice manager
Cons
It is more who you know rather than your knowledge or experience that matters, managers play favoritism
I worked in a few different roles over a number of years in the marketing department. I found the culture to be one that is strong and supportive, although competitive at times.Roles were often complex and involved managing challenging stakeholder relationships which could make a simple project a larger task. But with mentoring and support from good people leaders you will find the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Large organisation that you can 'get lost' in
Terrible work culture, terrible upper and middle management, worst computer system, third tier mutual banks have better systems,Poor staffing levels and little to no support.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything. Don’t do it.
Employees of NAB are poorly trained robots who have no idea the effects the lies they tell their customers as they say a computer makes decions for them lying to customers.
Pros
Money for misinformation
Cons
Trying to look interested while lying to customers
Multiple Cross skilling opportunities Highly competitive Flexible desk/time policy work from home opportunity diversified employees approachable management
- I learnt many new personal and industry skills. - I come in at 9 am and work from 9.30 am to 6 pm. (P.S. I was suppose to end at 4 pm) - Lunch break from 11.30 am to 12 pm or 12 pm to 12.30 pm. - I’m always busy during 1-2 pm. - Workplace culture was collaborative, low-key competitive, involving, friendly and welcoming.
- Good team support - training - Can be stressful at time - Many procedures to follow - Must be able to multi task using several softwares - Pushed to learn new skills
Good flexible working arrangement good company to work for. NWOW is quite at a mid maturity stage. not all BUs have adopted NWOW. Would recommend NAB
Good team work, everyone is friendly and ready to help. The team is genuinely concerned about your welfare and makes the effort to check up on you to ensure that you are not facing any problems yourself.
I enjoyed the majority of my working life at Nab. I was given opportunities to learn and grow as a person and professionally. I worked with smart, forward thinking, progressive and intelligent managers for most of the time that I was with Nab.
Pros
Growth and room to progress
Cons
Demanding, stressful environment
Great place to get a footing in the banking industry. Great work ethics and lots of promotion opportunities if you are a go getter. Great to add to your resume as experience
Enjoyable atmosphere Benefits and work from home access Fast pace but team work collectively Being recognized for performance Great coaching and mentoring Offered job secondment for further exposure
A good working environment which is very dynamic and in constant change. Excellent exposure for employees to work in a variety of business and technical areas.
Workplace culture is excellent. however management is all about politic. Management level always their favour toward decision. not as good as what they promise.
Great culture, flexible working hours, Working from home is available. teams could have flexible working hours and team coffee meetings are great. Amazing culture.
If in the right team, most people will have a chance to excel. Management generally allow staff to get on with it. Plenty of diverse opportunities. ..
Pros
workspace
The work culture was so amazing...the people in the department were warm, helpful. The beliefs that customers needs is the most important that we are representives to ensure customers needs are meant.
I was employed at NAB for 26 years and worked through various departments such as accounts management, collections, personal banking and business banking specialising in commercial loans between $5m-$30m. I enjoyed my time at the organisation which had a good culture and good leadership team.
The people you work with are friendly and great to get along with. Direct team leaders are also mostly great. upper management and job security are not good and not a company i would ever trust again