NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews in Rhodes NSW

Nothing learnt.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW26 November 2018
My manager was extremely illiterate, banter is forbidden. Attempted to progress, got fired. It's not about what you know, it's about who you know at NAB.
Productive & fast paced
Settlement Officer (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW21 November 2018
I enjoyed working in this role, a lot of different roles to take on within the one team. Everyday is different, loved the varied role and face paced work.
Pros
Start to finish tasks
Cons
Sometimes management
Extremely overwhelming and challenging role
Hays Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW21 January 2018
NAB on paper looked amazing. However, once I was there only a short time, the workload was insane, the staff turnover extremely high and the expectations unrealistic. Statistics driven not people focused leadership. Too many ways to do one thing. It turned out to be a very disappointing experience.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations
Productive and fun place to work
Retention Specialist, Wealth and Consumer Banking (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW6 January 2018
A good company to work with. Helps maintain work life balance and focuses on providing knowledge to employees for them to grow in life. Provides equal opportunities for growth
Great company and great prospects.
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW6 December 2017
I worked here for a few years and gained lots of vital experience I've taken into further roles. If you have the determination, you can easily advance into higher roles.
Pros
Careers progression.
Year ending days
Credit assessor (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW10 July 2017
tremendous pressure from Banker and clients and required to meet the business target and maintain the own portfolio. Balance the work life and private life
Pros
incentives and Nominations
Cons
Overtime- work from Home
Good place to start
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW24 May 2017
NAB is a fantastic place if you want to start your career in Banking. Good people to work with. Learnt a lot about Banking & the work culture is also amazing!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place to work at, always some fun activity.
Credit Assessor/Admin (Former Employee) –  Rhodes Business Park, NSW22 May 2017
A typical day at work would be like:
Get there early, prepare for my day, have breakfast while organizing my files and reading my emails. Have a quick catch up with colleagues just in case there was something early in the morning or late the night before that I could have missed.
We would have our morning meetings to talk about our results from day before and plan for the day.
I learned how to manage my time and prioritize my work so that I could reach my target without affecting customers and obtaining good results.
I learned about what happens behind the scenes before the actual CONGRATULATIONS YOUR LOAN HAS BEEN APPROVED.
The diversity of colleagues was fantastic, different cultures, foods and levels in education. I made it very interesting to work with and learnt different things from all of them. Each one individually was very helpful to have around due to their different experiences.
I had 2 different team leaders at 2 different stages and they were absolutely fantastic. Very helpful and always with equality. They really care for their team members.
The hardest part of that job was that, being temp we never got paid overtime, sick leave and always had the uncertainty of not being left jobless any time.
And the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers, helping them achieve their dream and then giving them the good news.
Pros
could eat at your desk and set your own lunch time
Cons
never knew when you would finish and could not claim overtime
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative/Banker (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW4 May 2016
Busy, fun atmosphere. Company cares about employees and always encouraged further skills etc.
management were fair and interested in employees, hardest part of job was definitely the distance to arrive to work.
Pros
encouraged employees to try new things
Cons
distance from home
Challenging
Direct Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rhodes, NSW24 November 2015
Very challenging on the daily basis.
Lack of time to do other duties such as: reply to emails.
Good wages.
Good colleagues.
More about them less about you much less
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rhodes, NSW16 October 2015
Corporate psycopaths are very common, they will try to pay you as low a possible against your work, mean pay and remuneration & terrible HR policies, self destructive corporate culture that values ego, they will micro manage your day every day, take your mojo, they will burn you out, blame you, steal or ignore your ideas, break your spirit, and then replace you, and they will do it without breaking a sweat, and they will believe it wasn't a problem. If you believe in you, more about you, that you are the brand, you are the culture, you are creative and innovate, want to be treated and paid fairly, steer clear, give them a miss.
Pros
Yammer
Cons
Corporate Psycopaths, Mean Pay and Remuneration, Terrible HR, Micro Management
Very modern office
Direct Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rhodes, NSW26 August 2013
From what I remember working at NAB, the people were great, management were very nice and the office was very modern. There was a lovely time out room and the kitchen facilities were nice and new.