NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews for Client Advisor

Excellent working experience
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW20 November 2018
I am still working in NAB. I really enjoy the culture in retail branches. My manager is supportive and colleagues are really easy-going and helpful. In the branch we are required to have quality conversations over the counter, match the right products and services to customers' need and bring positivity and lots of energy. I feel motivated by achieving targets.
Customer Adviser (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 February 2018
I love working at NAB. Great culture and friendly environment. NAB has provided me with work-life balance during my 5 years to allow me to complete my studies and sporting commitments. NAB also encourage employee development and progression. I would highly recommend NAB as a great place to work.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
short staffed
Sales orintainted Organisation
Customer Advisor / Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mornington Peninsula VIC21 November 2017
Its all about sales, meetings about sales meetings and debriefing on sales.
I feel the bank has lost some goodwill in nature and focuses only on achieving set sales targets, at the clients experience. My review is only the culture in the Branches and head office postions may be different. The colleagues are lovely however are put under undue duress in relation to meeting sales targets.
Hardest part of the job is achieving sales targets in an integral and honest nature. There is a culture of working unpaid over time.
The most enjoyable part is meeting clients when they come into the branches and being able to assist the in achieving their financial goals. I have made life long friends from the colleagues I have worked with.
Pros
Uniform is supplied
Cons
Long Hours
A great bank, they should treat staff better
Customer Adviser, Teller (Former Employee) –  Young NSW6 July 2017
I worked hard, I was a great worker. I was treated badly by the 2 other tellers and especially the Branch Manager. The working conditions therefore were not great.
Pros
the customers were good
Cons
3 co-workers were terrible to me; one of those were the Branch Manager
Great Culture and Team
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW20 June 2017
Good culture, team members genuinely care about each other and is flexible in work.

The work itself is not too challenging and sometimes the working hours are long with no paid overtime or any incentives to motivate staff.
Pros
Na
Cons
Long hours if you're a motivated team member
Exciting place to work, always have great team environment
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 May 2017
I am a customer adviser, better yet known as a teller.
Work hours are part-time, 9.15-4.15. Working in the Sydney CBD is always intense due to the large influx of daily customers. My job is dealing directly with customers and handling their day to day banking needs. This varies from general withdrawals, deposits, transfers & account inquiries to disputes, product inquiries and fraud.

The hardest part of the job is satisfying each and every customer, as working in the city, people are short of time and patience. A lot of complaints are generally around branches being under staff, wait time was too long or online systems are unavailable.

In my instance, i have various responsibilities which is well out of my pay grade, which consists of doing assistant branch manager duties, yet unpaid for. This is a pro and a con. A pro because it gives me knowledge of management, and a con due to be expected to do this duty & not receive the title and pay for it. No recognition for effort.

The most enjoyable part is working in a diverse and out going team environment full of many cultures and personalities.
Pros
Benefits - rewards program, discounts
Cons
lack of promotions
Fun work environment
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gordonvale QLD9 February 2017
while working at the bank i have learned how to successfully manage my time properly. The workplace environment is a fun to be and around. the hardest part of the job would probably have been standing for long periods at time. the thing that i enjoy most about the job would be the friendly customers that come through and are easily to make a conversation with and having a good time with work employees and meet other employees from different branches.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long Hours and continuous standing for long periods
Banking life
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia26 January 2017
Within the 4 years I had at the bank, I developed and grew in many roles. I started as a customer adviser/teller working only a couple of hours a week while I was studying, to auditing branches and stepping in as assistant branch managers.

I learnt so much in regards to finance working in a bank. I learnt how to work as a team and step up when I needed to.

The hardest part of the job was constantly being short staffed and stressful environment it would create.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
short staffed, stressful
Good Company
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 December 2016
NAB is overall a good company to work for with a good work/life balance and good benefits. NAB encourages hard work and rewards hard work with good benefits and recognition programs.
Good
Customer Advisor One (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 June 2016
Liked working with people, only problems were with some managers and opportunities for advancement were scarce. Also expectations for meeting targets are too high, but overall a good environment to work in though.
Great work values
Customer Adviser (Current Employee) –  Inner West NSW9 June 2016
A typical day at work would include processing an array of cash and non cash transactions within the branch, committing to sales targets and adhering to NAB's compliance and risk.
It all depends on the management
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Forbes NSW30 May 2016
The customers were always great and my first boss was terrific and supportive and life was good but management changes spoilt the team spirit and pitted one against the other to increase sales and decrease customer service.
Pros
the salary
Cons
the management
Too much focused on meeting unrealistic sales targets
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD7 April 2016
Work day is providing a enjoyable banking experience for the customer that encourages them to return to the bank for further banking business

Enjoy the interaction with regular customers and building up a professional but comfortable engagement

Hardest part was being told not to overspend time with customers and not meeting sales targets
Pros
Close to home and opportunity for advancement
Cons
too much sales orientation by management
great people and target driven
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dapto NSW23 February 2016
A typical day at work is serving customers and trying to give them the best deals for their money as possible. The hardest part is when a customer is unable to have the time for us to show them that we can save them on their financial products.
The people i work with are friendly and eay to get along with which makes working here enjoyable.
Pros
Fee Free products
Cons
target driven
Thrown in deep end with no real training
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  NAB Northern Beaches22 January 2016
Started working at a busy time during Christmas, thrown on the counter to serve on the second day, as they had serious understaffing. Had no solid training since....so learning on the fly. Senior staff is left to train new starters and carry their own heavy workload as well with their own targets to meet, which creates a stressful environment all round. You are expected to know all aspects of business within a few weeks. For a big, successful company, very surprising and disappointing with no proper learning structure for new employees. The workload is unbearable for the minimum pay offered. Alot of unpaid overtime seems to be the norm. In my opinion, stay away for this company unless you are a sucker for punishment.
Pros
Colleagues are wonderful to work with
Cons
Understaffing issues, low pay, lots of unpaid overtime, disconnected management
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  merrylands13 May 2015
I enjoy customer service role .Sometime it would be very hard to manage queue.. Always I used to take as challenge to minimize the queue. In my role I learned to provide excellent customer service skill and also developed my communication skill. I used to enjoy helping customer according their needs and demands. I always love to welcome my customer with smile. In my opinion to become successful in the business ,we have to make customer happy to help us boost up the revenue. In customer service role ,it is very important to listen customer complaints carefully and take initiative as soon as possible.
Pros
nab brand
Cons
salary
Fast Paced
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Griffith, NSW28 April 2014
Great place to work at, the team at the NAB are extremely helpful, kind, are like another Family.
Very outgoing, get along with people of all ages and background, fun loving, seeking ways to create best working environment.
Customer Advisor Sales (Current Employee) –  Cannington, WA8 December 2013
I am very down to earth person. I enjoy interacting with people and customer service and sales. I take any jobs seriously and endeavor to achieve the best possible result. I am honest, dedicated and workplace safety focused. I get along with any people and have worked supervised and unsupervised in team environment. I take initiation and take ownership of the business or task that I am carrying on.
Best part of the job was when elderly people come and look for me to assist with their needs, it just feels privilege to serve them and receiving thanks from their heart and a hug is nothing comparable to any other gifts or valuables.
Pros
Several compliments and best wishes from clients in approaching them like a real person.
Cons
Might have stack of jobs but no regreat.
Customers Are Great Happy and Friendly....
Customer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA13 August 2013
Typical Day at work: Overload and Overworked,

What I have learnt: Can not trust anyone,

Management: Poor Management. No support or help, If they listen to your problems they actually turn it around and use it against you,
Co-workers: Like Cat eat Dog, some staff are very nasty to your face or behind your back. The nice ones the other staff are fake to and constantly talk about them,

Hardest part of job: Work overload/Stress constantly, nearly lost my job due to a manager stating I was 15mins LATE when in fact my hours were at 9.30am so I was actually 15mins EARLY. Received an AMBERGATE for this aswell. Bullying in the workplace then told I am the problem, no support or help. Missing my childrens 2x assemblies but other staff are allowed to see theirs. Ok to leave me alone on counter with a line of 20 people but they could not have two people on counter so I could go see my kids. No Team Work, can not ask questions unless it is only once per subject. One of our regulars past away it really upset me. High staff turn over. Always short staffed. Advised no relief but relief staff state NOT ENOUGH WORK. Other staff are paid to balance but I am expected to serve/balance up to 1 hour after closing for FREE....Many more problems I do not recommend to others.

Most Enjoyable part of job: THE CUSTOMERS ARE LOVELY CARING PEOPLE WHO WARNED ME WHEN I GOT THE JOB TO BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THIS BANK CHANGES STAFF TOO REGULARLY.....Loved being a Teller, customer service and meeting people. Most of all LOVED the regular customers. Finding other staff that had experienced the same thing
  more... as I....So I knew it isn't me,  less
Pros
Great Happy Customers Always Happy To See Me....Enjoyed being a Teller and customer service.
Cons
Poor Training/Support, Bullying, some colleagues belittle you, can not attend an assemblies, use you to cover RDOs, large workloads equals Free Overtime up to 1hr a day, ridiculous workloads then advised poor time management
Working @ NAB
Premium Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA15 July 2012
I have been working at NAB for 6 years now and have experienced many roles in this time.
Currently I am a Premium Client Advisor, looking after Premium Clients of NAB.
I mainly do home loans, and a lot of customer service, however I also help out with running the Branch in Perth.
These duties include compliance, OHS, staff management and customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

NAB - National Australia Bank Reviews by Location