NAB - National Australia Bank Pay & Benefits reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC7 June 2018
Very efficient processes in place. Social events, free drinks Friday. Support for flexible working hours (eg. working from home). Free bank accounts, and discounted financial products for the employee.
Pros
Efficient processes
Cons
Managers not qualified in the field of the team work
No Comment - Too long ago
Contract Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC4 April 2018
No Comment - Too long ago for short contract. Relaxed workplace culture. Team members were all friendly and easy to get along with. Within short distance to public transport and garden parks
Pros
Flexible hours in the city
Cons
no issues of note
Excellent working conditions
Customer Service/Teller (Former Employee) –  Halifax/ Ingham1 March 2018
I worked at the National Australia Bank Halifax for 14 and a half years and transferred to Ingham branch for 18 months in total 16 years and enjoyed the work.
Pros
Staff benefits at the time
Tv room
Merchant Co-Coordinator running Contracts (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC11 December 2017
Rostered days off.Good work life balance training available at request, good oppurtunities to learn about new positions. Access to puvlic transport, goog hours
Pros
incentives
Work/ life employer of choice
HR Platform Consultant (Former Employee) –  Docklands, Victoria, Australia7 December 2017
NAB is a great employer with great benefits including work / life balance options for employees. I tried different roles and felt I could pursue different career paths without any hindrance, in fact I had three difference career paths whilst there.
Pros
Flexible working conditions, good compensation, banking benefits
Cons
Cross functional thinking is still being developed
Bank hours, low pay but decent benefits, focus on sales.
Customer service Adviser/ Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD25 October 2017
Low hours due to bank work, will have to put in regular unpaid overtime, ie start early and finish late by about 30-45 total until you really learn the role. Upper management only cares about figures, lower management varies from person to person, and can very well be terrible, and as long as they talk the talk managment doesn't care.
but with a good team it can be very enjoyable with reasonable opportunity for advancement within 4-5 years.
Pros
good work life balance due to late start and early finish
Cons
low salary and very dependant on good team and management to succeed
Working as Banking officer
Clerk, Ledger Machinist (Former Employee) –  Coleraine VIC8 July 2017
Started as junior in 1976 working up to senior staff working thourghout Victoria in bank branchs. Worked as part of a team with a very good company to work for.
Pros
Discounted loans
Cons
Low Salary & moving throuhout Victoria
Great Culture and Team
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW20 June 2017
Good culture, team members genuinely care about each other and is flexible in work.

The work itself is not too challenging and sometimes the working hours are long with no paid overtime or any incentives to motivate staff.
Pros
Na
Cons
Long hours if you're a motivated team member
It was a wonderful places to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Hunter, NSW15 June 2017
Fast-paced, interesting & wonderful organisation. The staff, salary, room for growth & support was brilliant. I left, as I was doing long hours with travel, being on relief staff. I wanted a more permanent branch.
Pros
Excellent training opportunities.
Cons
Was on relief staff to long. Wanted a fixed branch/office.
Exciting and fun place to work
Senior Financial Planner Retail Banking (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Sydney, Australia12 June 2017
National Australia Bank was a great place to work, I left this role due to my Father being unwell in Ireland. I have since decided to stay in Ireland permanently.
I worked very closely with Management in NAB, and they did want to progress to me to a People Management role until my departure.
Work place culture was open door policy and a team environment always.
Management were very supportive as was my team I worked with.
Typical day at work was arrive at 8.30am, have sales meeting / training with staff and go over what has worked, and what client successes we had. Meetings throughout the day minimum of 3 per day I liked to achieve.
Most enjoyable part of the job was going in each day and working with a great team, and meeting very warm clients.
Pros
Great colleagues, great clients
Cons
Salary was not at market rate for amount of work involved and expertise.
Dreadful place to work
Short term employment, senior analyst programmer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 May 2017
No IT security, terrible working conditions, disobeyed federal privacy laws, no system development methodology in place, inadequate systems documentation, ignored issues raised with warnings of problems identified, blamed the messenger when it went wrong as warned, managers ran for cover.
If you care passionately about developing IT systems in any organised way, do not touch this company.
Pros
Well, it was a job. Briefly.
Cons
See review.
Exciting place to work, always have great team environment
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 May 2017
I am a customer adviser, better yet known as a teller.
Work hours are part-time, 9.15-4.15. Working in the Sydney CBD is always intense due to the large influx of daily customers. My job is dealing directly with customers and handling their day to day banking needs. This varies from general withdrawals, deposits, transfers & account inquiries to disputes, product inquiries and fraud.

The hardest part of the job is satisfying each and every customer, as working in the city, people are short of time and patience. A lot of complaints are generally around branches being under staff, wait time was too long or online systems are unavailable.

In my instance, i have various responsibilities which is well out of my pay grade, which consists of doing assistant branch manager duties, yet unpaid for. This is a pro and a con. A pro because it gives me knowledge of management, and a con due to be expected to do this duty & not receive the title and pay for it. No recognition for effort.

The most enjoyable part is working in a diverse and out going team environment full of many cultures and personalities.
Pros
Benefits - rewards program, discounts
Cons
lack of promotions
nice atmosphere
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Murgon QLD10 May 2017
management and staff are great very helpful in training me to use different computer programs. flexible hours and benefits of travelling to work and different stores
Fun work environment
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gordonvale QLD9 February 2017
while working at the bank i have learned how to successfully manage my time properly. The workplace environment is a fun to be and around. the hardest part of the job would probably have been standing for long periods at time. the thing that i enjoy most about the job would be the friendly customers that come through and are easily to make a conversation with and having a good time with work employees and meet other employees from different branches.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long Hours and continuous standing for long periods
Banking life
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia26 January 2017
Within the 4 years I had at the bank, I developed and grew in many roles. I started as a customer adviser/teller working only a couple of hours a week while I was studying, to auditing branches and stepping in as assistant branch managers.

I learnt so much in regards to finance working in a bank. I learnt how to work as a team and step up when I needed to.

The hardest part of the job was constantly being short staffed and stressful environment it would create.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
short staffed, stressful
Good Company
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 December 2016
NAB is overall a good company to work for with a good work/life balance and good benefits. NAB encourages hard work and rewards hard work with good benefits and recognition programs.
Great staff and clients.
Private Client Assistant, NAB Private Wealth (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 September 2016
Great place to work, made some excellent friends. Work environment happy and fun, but some hard work and long hours in the end of financial year period.
Good work life balance.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Demanding clients
Overall a good organisation to work for
Senior Business Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 July 2016
NAB is a good brand with career opportunities across different segments. Long hours, work life balance depends on the team and area worked.
Different experience depending on the team
Pros
Career Options
good employer
. (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC5 June 2016
good employer, great employee benefits. promotes work/life balance and invests in development. benefits attractive and friendly people
It all depends on the management
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Forbes NSW30 May 2016
The customers were always great and my first boss was terrific and supportive and life was good but management changes spoilt the team spirit and pitted one against the other to increase sales and decrease customer service.
Pros
the salary
Cons
the management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.