NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Review

View all NAB - National Australia Bank reviews

Welcome worker 614392
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tasmania - Launceston25 January 2019
Was advanced from graduate Trainee to Senior Analyst in 3 months due to staff shortages. As Trainee I was shoved in a corner and basically told not to touch anything this meant I was unprepared for the Senior Analyst role I was forcefully advanced into.

Despite constantly trying to self improve and cram the 2 years of learning and experience required for the senior analyst role, the daily levels of stress and feeling of isolation caused mistakes and reduced my effectiveness in the role. Workplace morale is also terrible, everyone in the office is gloomy, even during a big win the feeling is 'ok now something is going to go wrong to balance the universe out'.

In the middle of all this NAB 'restructured' which meant firing the majority of support staff I had been building a rapport with as well a firing all of middle management including our team leader. At this point I resigned.

At NAB you either perform through being a combination of highly experienced, well connected and lucky or the grindstone turns and you are more grist for the mill.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
No training, your on your own, your either a hot shot or ground to dust

Other NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews

bad management
Senior Quality Analyst - Financial Crime Services (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 May 2019
the management is really bad and disorganized. good work place culture and a good team but you really do not know what you are supposed to do in the day till you get to work
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
management
Bullied by a manager
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 May 2019
During my stay at NAB, I was bullied by management. I was treated like a second class citizen and was provided no training, support, or work. I was given no guidance and told I was "underperforming" with no explanation as to how. This was the result of me not attending a few team events which lead to management holding a grudge.
Pros
Big name on CV
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.