NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews

Customer oriented role with sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW18 December 2018
My day at the bank consisted of meeting & greeting customer to do their everyday banking needs. Also to obtain sales for other banking services eg insurances, lending,
I worked as part of a team to achieve my goals and to make the bank successful.
Sometimes difficult to get sales as the banking market is so competitive.
The staff I worked with made the job enjoyable and fun.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Staying late when you don't balalnce
no idea whats going on
team leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney17 December 2018
no one takes accountability from the CEO, useless middle management to the janitor. no wonder this company is under scrutiny the the royal commission they just have no clue what is going on
NAB and Thirtyfold Cafe environement
Team Assistant / People Leader (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC9 December 2018
NAB was a great place to work at as well as both Thirtyfold cafe and NAB in the collections area. NAB offered an environement where one could progress and explore avenues of work where they would think possibly may not be something they would ever pursue.
Pros
Great location - Docklands and Northern Suburbs for Cafe
Cons
Retrenchement - current phase at the moment / Cafe - currently employed
Great place to work if you have connections
Regulatory Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 December 2018
meetings in the morning or email catch ups. Business as usual
advancement if you have connections. sometimes the size of the organisation can be overwhelming.
flexible work times , pleasant offices.
Good Palce
Lead/Manager, Business Analysis, CAMS (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 November 2018
Very good place to work, Great team work, Encouraging management and true leadership to guide the employee to success lines- Pleased with work and ethics.
Nothing learnt.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW26 November 2018
My manager was extremely illiterate, banter is forbidden. Attempted to progress, got fired. It's not about what you know, it's about who you know at NAB.
Cons
Don't opt the contact center job published as entry level banker.
(NAB) - Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Knox City VIC25 November 2018
Don't risk your career by joining the contact center team of NAB. Contact center jobs are generally published as entry level banker to fool the applicants. There is no enough employees deployed in this section.
Pros
Benefits when going for bank products / services.
Cons
Employees are considered as machines.
Great
Head of Insurance Sector Solutions (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 November 2018
Great Place to work

Work-life balance is just right.

Friendly staff and management

A lot of opportunities to progress

Work is challenging and exciting
Productive & fast paced
Settlement Officer (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW21 November 2018
I enjoyed working in this role, a lot of different roles to take on within the one team. Everyday is different, loved the varied role and face paced work.
Pros
Start to finish tasks
Cons
Sometimes management
Large Institution
Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 November 2018
Overall a poor experience and could be run better. Very top heavy and political with people protecting their roles.

Leadership cares about share price and do not care about customers and just want to climb ladders by getting big numbers (hence bonuses) with little regard for customer returns.
Pros
Workplace
Cons
Politics
Excellent working experience
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW20 November 2018
I am still working in NAB. I really enjoy the culture in retail branches. My manager is supportive and colleagues are really easy-going and helpful. In the branch we are required to have quality conversations over the counter, match the right products and services to customers' need and bring positivity and lots of energy. I feel motivated by achieving targets.
alright
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Murgon QLD15 November 2018
they are not understanding everyone doesn't know how to work as team it everyone for themselves the boss i had wasnt understanding , i didnt like working for them , the boss there told me i had to much confident
Toxic environment
Fulfilment Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 November 2018
Insane workload and low morale.People back stab each other. Very limited career path. Low pay.

Slow IT systems and frequent crash down. If you are an ambitious person do not come.
Pros
Cons
culture
Great place to do work experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 November 2018
Really enjoyed work experience at NAB in the Industrial relations department, was very included and valued. Lots to learn, pays well, big organisation but everyone is friendly. Good culture.
Good conditions
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 October 2018
Fun work place and helpful staff. Modern facilities and very flexible in regard to working hours.
The only criticism is their ancient computer system.

Staff were friendly and very helpful in answering queries
good
Cons
ancient computer system
Great support
Branch Manager - Multiple Locations (Former Employee) –  Australia20 October 2018
Loved working for NAB, had so many great opportunities and worked with the best people. Say what you want about banks, but the NAB looks after its people and importantly, allowed us to look after our customers. Miss it very much.
Pros
Flexible work conditions and great opportunities.
Cons
Red tape and sometimes, too much micro management.
Great management and workplace culture. Complete job satisfaction.
Senior Project/Program Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  East Melbourne VIC18 October 2018
The fact that I was employed as a contractor for over 10 years is testament to the great working conditions and culture of this organisation. I completely enjoyed all the years working for this company.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
long hours due to the complexity of the projects I worked on.
Work Place
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 October 2018
Great place to work, as a team member of drawdown I have learned a lot from my colleagues & my team leader. Everyone is so supportive, we had some struggles but was able to achieve our goals.
Face paced
NSW Practice Development Manager (BDM) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 October 2018
A typical day at work involved interaction with many different internal teams, ranging from legal, product, education. Multi layered management with a view to success
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Management support
Fair
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Australia4 October 2018
The company was fairly standard. Good hours, fair pay. The only thing was nothing was really exceptional, nothing innovative, just the standard stuff. no real complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.