NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 May 2018
Great working environment, job security and growth options. Only drawback which I faced was that I was part of re-leaving team and part time employee. If I had options, would never left Nab.
Pros
growth prospects
Cons
performance pressure
Great work life balance
Security Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 May 2018
Business understanding of cyber security threats and importance. Adoption of agile delivery model. Team culture and working together for common outcomes.
Fun, Caring and Productive
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 May 2018
NAB is an energetic and helping environment. Everyone is family. The days can be long at times but everyone is there for eachother. The pay is decent, and everyone is willing to help. It is amazing for character building.
Toxic culture
Customer Service Adviser - Call Centre (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 April 2018
Expected to stay on phones till the switchboard clears at no extra pay...sometimes that can be more than 20mins overtime. Lack of support from leaders. If you don't fit in you will be pushed out.
Pros
Team members
Cons
No support, toxic culture
Proud to have worked for such an outstanding organisation
Manager, Customer Dispute Operations (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC23 April 2018
Do yourself a favor and make it a priority to work at NAB, if the Banking industry is of interest to you of course. I really cannot fault this organization, it gave me so many great experiences and memories. They actually take work/life balance seriously and actually promote it internally. The culture is 2nd to none.....i'd be very surprised if there was a large organization such as NAB with a better culture, it is a focus across all levels to focus on creating the right culture. They invest in people and you're encouraged no matter your age or seniority to continue to build capability.
Pros
Culture, clear customer focus across all areas in the bank, management support
Challenged with constant technology changes.
Digital Technology Portfolio BA Lead (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW16 April 2018
Been motivated and engaged to do my day work, was looking forward to work on new projects and collaborate with business stakeholders, solution designers and Dev scrum teams and get to see the project successfully implemented.

I've learned new methodologies (waterfall, Agile, BDD, TDD), new software apps (Jira, Confluence, Lotus Notes, Outlook etc.), Investment and Superannuation products, Online customer experience, new business online applications, E2E project cycle.

A very positive workplace culture with opportunities for training and volunteering. Have grown with good company values and behaviours.

Encourage BAs to improve our BA practices in an Agile environment.

In my own opinion there are no hard jobs, strive to approach with a positive angle, try to ask the right questions the right people.

All BA tasks are enjoyable, especially the analysis part and the story /acceptance criteria part.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, biscuits, fruit (stopped recently)
Cons
Underpaid compared to external pays
No Comment - Too long ago
Contract Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC4 April 2018
No Comment - Too long ago for short contract. Relaxed workplace culture. Team members were all friendly and easy to get along with. Within short distance to public transport and garden parks
Pros
Flexible hours in the city
Cons
no issues of note
Tieri Quiet ocation
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tieri QLD31 March 2018
I felt as though i was not learing enough:

The people I worked with were great - but Tieri being a small mining town - was very quiet at times - felt as though the things i was trained for i did not get to use them where i would have in a bigger establishment
Pros
Staff
Cons
Gossip
Busy and productive
Contact Centre Advisor (Mortgage Services) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 March 2018
Very busy workplace that keeps you on your toes. You deal with a lot of calls from clients on a daily basis. You have to answer very difficult questions and find solutions for clients. A lot of KPI's have to be met. The workplace environment is open but you have no time to relax as you a very busy most of the time
Pros
nice offices, room for advancement
Cons
too busy. not too much balance
Not great
Analyst - Financial Crime Services (Former Employee) –  AU16 March 2018
Very repetitive work, no real skill involved.

Blocking accounts over and over and over again.

Some work on the phone which is mainly dealing with complaints.
Excellent working conditions
Customer Service/Teller (Former Employee) –  Halifax/ Ingham1 March 2018
I worked at the National Australia Bank Halifax for 14 and a half years and transferred to Ingham branch for 18 months in total 16 years and enjoyed the work.
Pros
Staff benefits at the time
Our branch was a great place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Edenhope VIC28 February 2018
I enjoyed my work at the bank and took great pride in my error free cash balancing It was only the pressure of convincing older people to the modern way of thinking with internet banking etc I enjoyed the meeting the new knew customers
Good working culture
Senior Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  North Sydney NSW27 February 2018
A typical day at NAB starts with daily scrum meeting. I found the work culture very balanced. NAB is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is well respected, appreciated. The team members are very supportive and are very technical. Getting good exposure to technical as well as wealth domain. Overall NAB is a very good company to work with.
Beginning of my banking career
Sales and Service Advisor/Manage (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 February 2018
Started as a Part time Teller and quickly moving onto being the Lead Teller in the first 12 months. NAB always gave me opportunities to work in different roles to gain experience and insight to pursue my career ambitions. I loved working with customers and helping them meet their goals set me on this path. At the same time leading various teams provided the experience I needed to work towards being a leader and coach.
No two days are the same in this industry
Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager Orange (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW19 February 2018
Each day brings new challenges, mainly good as it gives me a chance to meet new customers or reconnect with existing to help fulfil their financial or personal goals. Receiving feedback from customers and staff allows me to assess myself and make changes as required to be the best coach and team leader to enable to provide a 10/10 service to customers and staff alike.
We have a great team who work together very well to achieve team and individual goals.
Sharing our experiences of the day after the doors close each day is always interesting and inspiring.
We celebrate achievements and work towards being the best in the community and the region.
Making sure we are always compliant and endeavour to keep our customers safe at all times from fraudsters, scams. Keeping the team safe by adhering to correct security procedures.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
can be really long days at times
Fun place to work and lot of support
Analyst, Customer Due Diligence (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC19 February 2018
Fun place to work and lots to learn. Supportive management team.
class room training provided and help from the other staff of resolve issues. one on on meetings regularly arranged.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
Customer Adviser (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 February 2018
I love working at NAB. Great culture and friendly environment. NAB has provided me with work-life balance during my 5 years to allow me to complete my studies and sporting commitments. NAB also encourage employee development and progression. I would highly recommend NAB as a great place to work.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
short staffed
Good team to work with
Business Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD8 February 2018
Important to have the ability in being calm with intense workload, working well with others, compliance within regulations and meeting customer needs are the important parts of the work. Learning how to use the systems effectively is critical. good pay.
typical work place
Senior Test Analyst -ETL (Current Employee) –  500 bourke st5 February 2018
employee's are serious about work,
management is one way communication, manager who i worked with does not have any empathy when a resource goes on compassionate leave.
Pros
good for permanent
Cons
not well qualified managers
Great People
Team Leader - Registry Services Transaction (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC31 January 2018
As I had been at NAB for so long I have seen it change so much. The people I worked with were always so much fin, but unfortunately over the years the management had changed and it felt like they weren't there to support the staff as much as they were in the past
Pros
great people
Cons
change in culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.