Nambucca Shire Council Employee Reviews

good blokes but not the gm
Plant Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  civic sevices2 May 2017
they out source a lot of the work through labour hire and are always looking to downsize or out put the work thrugh contractors a lot of it seems to be who you no what not you kno
Pros
no rush in anygthing they do
Cons
alot of politics within council chambers mates get mates jobs there it seems
Great location, good staff, casual atmosphere, family friendly
Plumbing and Drainage Inspector (Current Employee) –  Macksville NSW1 March 2016
interesting place to work, great demographic location, more managers than needed however Nambucca Valley is a great place to raise a family. ps they have a tea club as tea coffee and milk is not provided
Pros
great location and good staff members
Cons
Unusual management decisions
Enjoyed my years working there but top management culture one of "us and them" and unappreciation of worth made it difficult to always enjoy your day
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macksville, NSW1 January 2013
My work was one of variety depending on the time ie were reports due for the Council Agenda, reports for Government Departments and for the Director.
I was the PA to the Director Environment and Planning and therefore was required to ensure all information was available each day for any appointments or reports he required.
Supervision of all clerical staff required me each day to ensure I knew the workloads and requirements for deadlines which were to be met and to distribute work as required. Should staff be away I was then required to ensure rosters were completed and work redistributed and positions filled.
Telephone and counter enquiries were attended to as required and any "hard" questions or decisions made in relation to receipt of applications, information, etc was made by me.
Working with the other departments in relation to required information or requesting work be done was sometimes difficult as they did not understand the timeframes we had to work with nor the scope of our jobs. My immediate Director was a very good and understanding Director and his staff very much appreciated and supported him. Other management of the Council was not so well like nor supported and made our work difficult at times, eg finance and rates sections.
My co-workers were a variety of personalities, some very strong others easier to work with, but we all worked together to "get the job done".
The hardest part of the job was ensuring those with strong personalities did not undermine my authority and push their work to other team members. This I was able to accomplish successfully.
The most
  more... enjoyable part was seeing projects completed on time, being challenged with new technology and training and teaching new programs where necessary and working through solutions to fix problems as they arose.  less
Pros
flexible work hours, job security, good workmates and team
Cons
unappreciation and acknowledgement by other departments of scope of work