Nando's Employee Reviews

Honestly, stressful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW29 April 2018
I work in one of the busiest restaurants in NSW and it is absolutely exhausting. I never get a weekend off and I am over it. No one is able to cover any ones shifts because everyone is lazy and just won't work. The customers don't understand how busy we do get and we tell them issues we are having but they still blow up and abuse the staff.

although the work load is not worth the hourly pay I receive, the staff are actually great to work with when everyone is in a good mood. The managers do the best they can but still, too much work load per shift, especially when there aren't enough staff members rostered on.
Pros
Shift meals, staff member friendships
Cons
work load, salary, customers
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC27 April 2018
Working as a kitchen hand in nando's is good. but whenever they don't need a person then they find excuses to fire him/her.I like working their because the environment is friendly and staff was very good and helpful to the new members.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Not for long time job
I love Nandos
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland perth16 April 2018
The nandos is amazing place to work with which u can learm a lot of managment skills and experties. Along with handling food and hygine prospect properly and serving the vest food to the people.
Good workplace with great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Epping VIC18 March 2018
Typical day at work is enjoyable.
Staff are friendly and well trained.
Management is friendly and very approachable.
Culture is positive and most staff get along.
hardest part of the job how busy the workplace can get coupled with Always trying to please the customers and ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Extremely Long hours, Very low pay for position.
Aaa+
Shift Runner / Manager (Former Employee) –  Spearwood WA9 March 2018
doing a 5-6 hour shift a day :)
learned to communicate well with people im working with and to the costumer
been promoted as manager in 6 months period
Nando's Mawson Lakes
nandoca/shift supervisor (Shifty) (Former Employee) –  Mawson Lakes SA19 February 2018
typical day: come in, do required tasks; cook, serve, clean then leave
what i learned: be a schmooze to get anywhere, being good at what you do isn't enough
management: could do with a lesson or two on communication
workplace culture: Nando's prides itself on the creed they have unfortunately it is not felt within every restaurant
hardest part of the job: it's not hard at all unless you don't get the proper training
most enjoyable part: happy customers
Pros
Free lunches, Christmas outings, flexible hours
Cons
favourites, lack of communication
Enjoyable workplace and environment
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC17 February 2018
Worked there for a year as a team leader. Had a wonderful time with the staff members. They were an enthusiastic group of people but the customers were ok (as expected for most workplace). Would recommend it for any youngsters who are looking for a job for the first time.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
average pay
nandos is a family based company where you relay on each other
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Liverpool NSW11 January 2018
its a fun environment to be in everyone has a job so that makes everyone to feel important working at nando's is a team job where you cant think about yourself
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
working in the heat somedays
Not up to the mark
All Round Operator (Former Employee) –  Kelvin Grove QLD26 December 2017
People over there are friendly but working atmosphere was not good. Boss is not good. Less pay. Nando's is not good to work with. They must improve their negative points but they don't accept that.
Cons
Bad working atmosphere
cooperate work team
Cashier/hospitality (Former Employee) –  ballarat27 November 2017
A very busy and very happy job. To face the different guests every day to provide the best choice for them and spend less money. Provide a more comfortable environment. Colleagues work together to meet the needs of the guests at the fastest speed.
Pros
free food
Cons
busy

Want to know more about Nando's?

Ask a question
many things to do with the lowest wage
Staff (Current Employee) –  Carnegie VIC25 November 2017
Barely secured the federal minimum wage. One person needs to take 70% of the jobs. Unpleasant working environment. The way the owner treats trainee is not good.
Productive workplace
Customer and Food Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT10 November 2017
Nando's Australia really give importance to maintaining their reputation with regards to customer and food services. Foods are served with utmost quality and value their employees financial needs and other priorities outside of the job.
Pros
Free meal every shift
Cons
Managers' misunderstandings
Fun place to work
Front of House customer service - Front Counter (Current Employee) –  Fairfield QLD5 November 2017
Lovely place to work. Lovely people. I learn a lot here at Nandos, and i continue to learn more and more every day. A great restaurant based on Portuguese food.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not many hours
fun place to work
Nandos (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 October 2017
Great environment to work in , easy to meet new people and easy to learn new tasks such as cooking, taking phone orders , delivering food to customers tables.
Pros
Free lunch on breaks
Cons
Abusive Manager although rest of the staff was nice
Cleaner/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 October 2017
I was constantly told I was not good enough rather than constructive criticism. Manager would yell at everyone and once he threw a plate at my hand it the plate shattered. This is my experience, others may have it different.
Pros
Nice coworkers, working hours were not too long yet not too short
Cons
Abusive manager, no discounts, breaktime or washroom time is limited to 10 mins
Just for cash
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 October 2017
I was working as cashier , look after the shop , cleaning everything there, receiving delivery , organising stock , preparing food , taking order and cooking as well.
Nandos
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA8 October 2017
Nandos is a good company to work for, for the first couple months. Once you have passed the 3 month period everything just turns to dirt. Youll be made to work in hot weather due to no airconditionar. Pathetic Management.
Pros
$13.70 free allowance for food a shift
Cons
Long hours, no airconditionar, pathetic management
Great place to start your career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 October 2017
Nandos has given me the opportunity to prove myself and show how i work as a manager. I loved working at Nandos but it has came to the time where I need more and want to try something different, Nandos just can't offer me that at this time. I've gained a lot of knowledge and became an amazing manager working here. I would recommend working at Nandos to anyone who is wanting to gain more experience.
Pros
Free meal, Good salary package, I loved the culture within, Excellent communication with higher management.
Cons
Working late sometimes till 11:30pm
Great
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 September 2017
Typical days vary through the week, Mondays are quiet whereas Fridays are extremely busy. I've learnt a lot through my experience through stock control and customer service. Management is really professional though they develop a connection to the workers. The culture is really friendly.
Pros
Pay; hours
Fun workplace with taste food
Malaysia - Waitress (Former Employee) –  MALAYSIA25 September 2017
Best place to hang out for lunch or diner with your friends or family . With the variety of sauce choice and also taste type of chicken with the butter rice .
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
Awesome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.