Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 212 reviews matching the search See all 1,751 reviews
Bad experience, politic place, abusive manager, non cooperative team member
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 October 2018
I just been working here for a short period, however is terrible experience that i had ever.
Abusive manager who have relationship with the team member. Is not supportive and sided team member that he likes.
Politic work environment.
Bad management even not ordering tissue in the store. Leak off team member, customer been complaining. Bad attitute of team member, receive so many customer complaint.
Pros
Free lunches, Good Salary
Cons
terrible long working hour, less annual leave, not flexible
retail manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AU2 December 2018
A typical day in a retail manager job often consists of maintaining a store environment that is a pleasant experience for customers by managing many employees simultaneously. Work begins fairly early in the morning, often before the retail location opens, and an 8- to 10-hour workday begins. Retail managers handle a wide variety of routine tasks, such as writing reports; supervising employees; managing cash; ordering stock; handling schedules, payroll, and marketing and promotional roll-outs; and securing the store upon closing. In addition, a retail manager can expect to deal with customer complaints, employee work delegation, staff shortages, equipment failures and other unexpected things that occur in a retail environment. On average, retail managers may work as many as 50 or more hours per week.
Fun and comfortable atmosphere
All-rounder waitress (Former Employee) –  St Lucia QLD 406718 September 2018
It was a great experience with lovely staff and typical day of work is usually with full of customers and I usually clean up all the tables and when there is a customer i take their order so I have experience of that as well as I grill the chicken and I know how to make the burgers and wraps and pita. I have learnt to clean everything efficiently and properly. The hardest part is when there are a lot of customers so it can get hard to serve everyone really quickly but in time i have learnt to manage it and work efficiently. And the most enjoyable is being friendly and talking to customers and cooking up meals as well as trying to make sure everything is clean and neat for next customers.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
A great starting place, but very low pay-rate and stressful.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 May 2018
The early months of my career here were absolutely amazing. Colleagues became close friends of mine, I learnt about customer service a lot, I loved getting free meals, etc. But as time went on, this diminished pretty quickly. Store management was biased and only offered promotions to favourites, hours were ridiculous and there is no overtime rate so I would often work super late and get home late, customers were rude and stupid, I always got closing shifts so my body would be exhausted and sore, etc. One thing that really put me off working here was that even though you have to deal with so much (rude customers, ridiculous complaints about food, closing the store being really physically draining, working on front of house by yourself on really busy days), you weren't rewarded enough: the pay was way too low. I'm sure you could be doing half the jobs and effort somewhere else and get double the pay anyway.

I would only recommend working at Nando's for experience, and for short-period, definitely not long-term.
Pros
Free food, great training.
Cons
No overtime rate, low pay rate, favouritism and bias, late working hours, etc.
a productive and fun environment.
Team Member - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW17 August 2018
A typical day at work would be it gets busy. I've learnt a lot working at Nandos for example how do work fast and effectively. We are like a family that has the same goal which is to make our restaurant the best and to do that we have to be the best at what we do. The hardest part of working at Nandos would be the long hours and how busy it can get. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free meals and getting to work with my work members, they try to not make everything so serious like we try to make the place lively.
Pros
free meals
Team Member - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 April 2018
awsome people and staff, management is difficult to get a point across but very understanding and inclusive. A typical day at work is lots of cleaning, running food, cooking quickly , dealing with customer complaints , and more cleaning. The hardest part of the job is only 30 minute breaks for people who work more than 5 hrs and no breaks between 12-2 or 6-8. Hours range from 8-4 if you do long shifts for the morning or night shifts that are good hours are 2:30-close. If your new there isnt much training provided apart from the online stuff other than that they chuck you in the deep end to learn for yourself or from other co workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the vibe you get when the place is busy and all the staff are working together to get an awsome product out. Workplace culture is ok lots of issues with gossip and etc but nothing out of the ordinary for workplace banter.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
Great culture with a few mishaps
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 September 2018
The work was a mix between front house and back house hospitality responsibilities, allowing me to enhance my communication skills as well as improving organisational manners. The workplace exceeded in great culture as the people were always fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of the day was closing the store and the most enjoyable was assisting and working with customers.
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
Very low pay for higher expectations of work
productive
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC23 October 2018
Plenty of Work but suitable for students
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC9 July 2018
Typical day at work involved working at the flat top stove. Doing orders as soon as they were placed.

Need to be quick with your hands and be gentle on the wraps.

Have to remind yourself that people in the industry may not have the same positive mindset as you do in the workplace and be mindful of your own plans.

Hardest part of the job was probably dealing with management and always showing you're at full utilisation level.

Most enjoyable part of the job was having the smell of Nando's spices. You get used to it in time though.
Pros
Discounts for lunch food (although decided by the manager how much he'll give)
Cons
Plenty of work for the pay
Good workplace with great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Epping VIC18 March 2018
Typical day at work is enjoyable.
Staff are friendly and well trained.
Management is friendly and very approachable.
Culture is positive and most staff get along.
hardest part of the job how busy the workplace can get coupled with Always trying to please the customers and ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Extremely Long hours, Very low pay for position.
overall it was a good experience working with Nandos
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick VIC 305629 September 2018
With various cultural people from different part of the world working with them was so rewardable. Hope to get new job soon. Love to work with different culture people as team work or just by self .
Pros
free food, work- life balance
Cons
Busy
Friendly and supportive work environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 January 2019
Great fun place serving customers terrific chicken. There is a great deal of flexibility in the shifts we need to work and management are very supportive of development needs.
Stressful work environment
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD14 October 2018
I worked here for a few months. When I applied I clearly listed my availability. However, I was continuously rostered twice as much as I requested. Management also talked down to and about the staff. Unreasonable expectations of staff.
productive crew team with good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Heatherton, AU3 December 2018
At nandos the crew were a lot older than me but tried to help with making friends and make the work enjoyable. the management of the restaurant was brilliant and done very well
testing
Cashier / Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA14 November 2018
this was my first job ever, when i first got the call that i was hired for the job i was super excited. i loved the job dearly but management was the issue. staff would get blamed for errors only a manager could make and i didn't like the atmosphere
Good First job
server/cook (Former Employee) –  Somerville, Victoria, Australia10 October 2018
Had a great time working here with all the staff. Learnt valuable skills that have helped me in the years that followed my employment at Nandos. Just a shame they had to close down.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
management could have been better
Nando's Mawson Lakes
nandoca/shift supervisor (Shifty) (Former Employee) –  Mawson Lakes SA19 February 2018
typical day: come in, do required tasks; cook, serve, clean then leave
what i learned: be a schmooze to get anywhere, being good at what you do isn't enough
management: could do with a lesson or two on communication
workplace culture: Nando's prides itself on the creed they have unfortunately it is not felt within every restaurant
hardest part of the job: it's not hard at all unless you don't get the proper training
most enjoyable part: happy customers
Pros
Free lunches, Christmas outings, flexible hours
Cons
favourites, lack of communication
poor
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 November 2018
Franchise and the pay is very less poor management, poor customer service very bad staff and there behaviour is very very poor. worst place to work world square nandos.
Honestly, stressful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW29 April 2018
I work in one of the busiest restaurants in NSW and it is absolutely exhausting. I never get a weekend off and I am over it. No one is able to cover any ones shifts because everyone is lazy and just won't work. The customers don't understand how busy we do get and we tell them issues we are having but they still blow up and abuse the staff.

although the work load is not worth the hourly pay I receive, the staff are actually great to work with when everyone is in a good mood. The managers do the best they can but still, too much work load per shift, especially when there aren't enough staff members rostered on.
Pros
Shift meals, staff member friendships
Cons
work load, salary, customers
Good place to work but difficult during rushes.
Salesperson/Chef (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake QLD25 July 2018
During the rush hours at Nando's, working the grill and flat top can become very taxing as it is very hot and you won't usually get a break until people stop coming in which can take longer than 4 hours. This is the hardest part of the job in my opinion but you will not always be put in charge of cooking. Overlooking the sales, coordination of orders and side dishes and cleaning/food prep is an important part of the job as well. I always found it enjoyable interacting with the customers and receiving good feedback on the food I have cooked. In general, I believe Nando's is a great place to work and can provide a wide variety of skills to use down the track.
Pros
Free dinner when closing.
Cons
Little break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.