Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 207 reviews matching the search See all 1,691 reviews
testing
Cashier / Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA14 November 2018
this was my first job ever, when i first got the call that i was hired for the job i was super excited. i loved the job dearly but management was the issue. staff would get blamed for errors only a manager could make and i didn't like the atmosphere
poor
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 November 2018
Franchise and the pay is very less poor management, poor customer service very bad staff and there behaviour is very very poor. worst place to work world square nandos.
Fun and enjoyable
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC12 November 2018
It was a friendly environment and enjoyed seeing new people l. The job was very wast for me ans learned fast with the ways to handle the customers and was used Pizza to the environment quickly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Can be dangerous environment at night
productive
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC23 October 2018
The work was a mix between front house and back house hospitality responsibilities, allowing me to enhance my communication skills as well as improving organisational manners. The workplace exceeded in great culture as the people were always fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of the day was closing the store and the most enjoyable was assisting and working with customers.
Stressful work environment
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD14 October 2018
I worked here for a few months. When I applied I clearly listed my availability. However, I was continuously rostered twice as much as I requested. Management also talked down to and about the staff. Unreasonable expectations of staff.
Bad experience, politic place, abusive manager, non cooperative team member
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 October 2018
I just been working here for a short period, however is terrible experience that i had ever.
Abusive manager who have relationship with the team member. Is not supportive and sided team member that he likes.
Politic work environment.
Bad management even not ordering tissue in the store. Leak off team member, customer been complaining. Bad attitute of team member, receive so many customer complaint.
Pros
Free lunches, Good Salary
Cons
terrible long working hour, less annual leave, not flexible
Good First job
server/cook (Former Employee) –  Somerville, Victoria, Australia10 October 2018
Had a great time working here with all the staff. Learnt valuable skills that have helped me in the years that followed my employment at Nandos. Just a shame they had to close down.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
management could have been better
overall it was a good experience working with Nandos
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick VIC 305629 September 2018
With various cultural people from different part of the world working with them was so rewardable. Hope to get new job soon. Love to work with different culture people as team work or just by self .
Pros
free food, work- life balance
Cons
Busy
Great culture with a few mishaps
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 September 2018
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
Very low pay for higher expectations of work
Fun and comfortable atmosphere
All-rounder waitress (Former Employee) –  St Lucia QLD 406718 September 2018
It was a great experience with lovely staff and typical day of work is usually with full of customers and I usually clean up all the tables and when there is a customer i take their order so I have experience of that as well as I grill the chicken and I know how to make the burgers and wraps and pita. I have learnt to clean everything efficiently and properly. The hardest part is when there are a lot of customers so it can get hard to serve everyone really quickly but in time i have learnt to manage it and work efficiently. And the most enjoyable is being friendly and talking to customers and cooking up meals as well as trying to make sure everything is clean and neat for next customers.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Fun work place.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 September 2018
Nandos is can teach you a lot of things when it comes to being a waitress, till operations, food handling and a cook. Fun and hard working staff, which are always there to teach you new things.
Pros
Free meals at the end of every shift
Cons
sometimes getting sent home early
a productive and fun environment.
Team Member - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW17 August 2018
A typical day at work would be it gets busy. I've learnt a lot working at Nandos for example how do work fast and effectively. We are like a family that has the same goal which is to make our restaurant the best and to do that we have to be the best at what we do. The hardest part of working at Nandos would be the long hours and how busy it can get. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free meals and getting to work with my work members, they try to not make everything so serious like we try to make the place lively.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Good place to work but difficult during rushes.
Salesperson/Chef (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake QLD25 July 2018
During the rush hours at Nando's, working the grill and flat top can become very taxing as it is very hot and you won't usually get a break until people stop coming in which can take longer than 4 hours. This is the hardest part of the job in my opinion but you will not always be put in charge of cooking. Overlooking the sales, coordination of orders and side dishes and cleaning/food prep is an important part of the job as well. I always found it enjoyable interacting with the customers and receiving good feedback on the food I have cooked. In general, I believe Nando's is a great place to work and can provide a wide variety of skills to use down the track.
Pros
Free dinner when closing.
Cons
Little break.
Great environment and team atmosphere
Front Grill (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA13 July 2018
Good working atmosphere and people. Managers help whenever it is needed and constantly support and try to better you in everything you do. Not very exciting job, constantly doing the same thing.
Pros
Free meals, good team
Cons
long hours, can be boring
Plenty of Work but suitable for students
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC9 July 2018
Typical day at work involved working at the flat top stove. Doing orders as soon as they were placed.

Need to be quick with your hands and be gentle on the wraps.

Have to remind yourself that people in the industry may not have the same positive mindset as you do in the workplace and be mindful of your own plans.

Hardest part of the job was probably dealing with management and always showing you're at full utilisation level.

Most enjoyable part of the job was having the smell of Nando's spices. You get used to it in time though.
Pros
Discounts for lunch food (although decided by the manager how much he'll give)
Cons
Plenty of work for the pay
great job
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC27 May 2018
I loved coming into work. Friendly work place and learnt a lot within hospitality. They give you plenty of balance for personal things outside of work. You have to be serious though because it is fast paced and they expect you to keep learning and progressing.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not a lot of shifts
great for a first job
waitress, back kitchen (Current Employee) –  Camberwell NSW24 May 2018
Worked at Nando's for almost two years. Its a great first job to teach you the basic skills of the work place needed. The hours are flexible and very easy to swap shifts with others
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very low pay
A great starting place, but very low pay-rate and stressful.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 May 2018
The early months of my career here were absolutely amazing. Colleagues became close friends of mine, I learnt about customer service a lot, I loved getting free meals, etc. But as time went on, this diminished pretty quickly. Store management was biased and only offered promotions to favourites, hours were ridiculous and there is no overtime rate so I would often work super late and get home late, customers were rude and stupid, I always got closing shifts so my body would be exhausted and sore, etc. One thing that really put me off working here was that even though you have to deal with so much (rude customers, ridiculous complaints about food, closing the store being really physically draining, working on front of house by yourself on really busy days), you weren't rewarded enough: the pay was way too low. I'm sure you could be doing half the jobs and effort somewhere else and get double the pay anyway.

I would only recommend working at Nando's for experience, and for short-period, definitely not long-term.
Pros
Free food, great training.
Cons
No overtime rate, low pay rate, favouritism and bias, late working hours, etc.
Good Place to work at
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Werribee VIC17 May 2018
Good for a part-time income, but hours are very short and the management is good. Overall Happy but get very few hours. Would recommend a student, Easy going place, less stressful.
Pros
Free Meal, Weekend & Public Holiday Rates
Cons
Short Hours
Above average Workplace.
Customer Service/ Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD30 April 2018
Nandos, when it comes down to it, have a very friendly and family orientated environment. They have great benefits and encourage you to work you absolute best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.