Nando's Employee Reviews

Plenty of Work but suitable for students
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC9 July 2018
Typical day at work involved working at the flat top stove. Doing orders as soon as they were placed.

Need to be quick with your hands and be gentle on the wraps.

Have to remind yourself that people in the industry may not have the same positive mindset as you do in the workplace and be mindful of your own plans.

Hardest part of the job was probably dealing with management and always showing you're at full utilisation level.

Most enjoyable part of the job was having the smell of Nando's spices. You get used to it in time though.
Pros
Discounts for lunch food (although decided by the manager how much he'll give)
Cons
Plenty of work for the pay
great job
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC27 May 2018
I loved coming into work. Friendly work place and learnt a lot within hospitality. They give you plenty of balance for personal things outside of work. You have to be serious though because it is fast paced and they expect you to keep learning and progressing.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not a lot of shifts
great for a first job
waitress, back kitchen (Current Employee) –  Camberwell NSW24 May 2018
Worked at Nando's for almost two years. Its a great first job to teach you the basic skills of the work place needed. The hours are flexible and very easy to swap shifts with others
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very low pay
A great starting place, but very low pay-rate and stressful.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 May 2018
The early months of my career here were absolutely amazing. Colleagues became close friends of mine, I learnt about customer service a lot, I loved getting free meals, etc. But as time went on, this diminished pretty quickly. Store management was biased and only offered promotions to favourites, hours were ridiculous and there is no overtime rate so I would often work super late and get home late, customers were rude and stupid, I always got closing shifts so my body would be exhausted and sore, etc. One thing that really put me off working here was that even though you have to deal with so much (rude customers, ridiculous complaints about food, closing the store being really physically draining, working on front of house by yourself on really busy days), you weren't rewarded enough: the pay was way too low. I'm sure you could be doing half the jobs and effort somewhere else and get double the pay anyway.

I would only recommend working at Nando's for experience, and for short-period, definitely not long-term.
Pros
Free food, great training.
Cons
No overtime rate, low pay rate, favouritism and bias, late working hours, etc.
Good Place to work at
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Werribee VIC17 May 2018
Good for a part-time income, but hours are very short and the management is good. Overall Happy but get very few hours. Would recommend a student, Easy going place, less stressful.
Pros
Free Meal, Weekend & Public Holiday Rates
Cons
Short Hours
Above average Workplace.
Customer Service/ Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD30 April 2018
Nandos, when it comes down to it, have a very friendly and family orientated environment. They have great benefits and encourage you to work you absolute best.
Honestly, stressful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW29 April 2018
I work in one of the busiest restaurants in NSW and it is absolutely exhausting. I never get a weekend off and I am over it. No one is able to cover any ones shifts because everyone is lazy and just won't work. The customers don't understand how busy we do get and we tell them issues we are having but they still blow up and abuse the staff.

although the work load is not worth the hourly pay I receive, the staff are actually great to work with when everyone is in a good mood. The managers do the best they can but still, too much work load per shift, especially when there aren't enough staff members rostered on.
Pros
Shift meals, staff member friendships
Cons
work load, salary, customers
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC27 April 2018
Working as a kitchen hand in nando's is good. but whenever they don't need a person then they find excuses to fire him/her.I like working their because the environment is friendly and staff was very good and helpful to the new members.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Not for long time job
Not a good place to work
Front and Back of House (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 April 2018
The staff were friendly enough however the manager was unnecessarily rude and would yell a lot, you would be expected to do multiple things at once that were not able to be done
I love Nandos
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland perth16 April 2018
The nandos is amazing place to work with which u can learm a lot of managment skills and experties. Along with handling food and hygine prospect properly and serving the vest food to the people.
Team Member - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 April 2018
awsome people and staff, management is difficult to get a point across but very understanding and inclusive. A typical day at work is lots of cleaning, running food, cooking quickly , dealing with customer complaints , and more cleaning. The hardest part of the job is only 30 minute breaks for people who work more than 5 hrs and no breaks between 12-2 or 6-8. Hours range from 8-4 if you do long shifts for the morning or night shifts that are good hours are 2:30-close. If your new there isnt much training provided apart from the online stuff other than that they chuck you in the deep end to learn for yourself or from other co workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the vibe you get when the place is busy and all the staff are working together to get an awsome product out. Workplace culture is ok lots of issues with gossip and etc but nothing out of the ordinary for workplace banter.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
great staff to work with in a fun and productive work environment
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Chirnside Park VIC19 March 2018
I enjoy the people I work with as everyone is kind and cooperative within and out of the work environment. I work behind the register serving customers as well as counting money, I also work in the kitchen cleaning and cooking the food. At the end of my shift my job involves stacking the chairs, sweeping and mopping the floors. My boss as well as other team members take care of each other in a friendly manner.
Pros
discount and friendly staff
Cons
finish late at night
Good workplace with great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Epping VIC18 March 2018
Typical day at work is enjoyable.
Staff are friendly and well trained.
Management is friendly and very approachable.
Culture is positive and most staff get along.
hardest part of the job how busy the workplace can get coupled with Always trying to please the customers and ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Extremely Long hours, Very low pay for position.
Aaa+
Shift Runner / Manager (Former Employee) –  Spearwood WA9 March 2018
doing a 5-6 hour shift a day :)
learned to communicate well with people im working with and to the costumer
been promoted as manager in 6 months period
it was a good job
Customer service, nandos (Former Employee) –  Casuarina NT7 March 2018
Nandos was a good job, but they were a bit careless with how many hours i worked, didnt take into consideration the days i wasnt free. i loved the cleaning and serving customers
Pros
good hours
Cons
they didnt check the dates i wasnt free to work
Nando's Mawson Lakes
nandoca/shift supervisor (Shifty) (Former Employee) –  Mawson Lakes SA19 February 2018
typical day: come in, do required tasks; cook, serve, clean then leave
what i learned: be a schmooze to get anywhere, being good at what you do isn't enough
management: could do with a lesson or two on communication
workplace culture: Nando's prides itself on the creed they have unfortunately it is not felt within every restaurant
hardest part of the job: it's not hard at all unless you don't get the proper training
most enjoyable part: happy customers
Pros
Free lunches, Christmas outings, flexible hours
Cons
favourites, lack of communication
Enjoyable workplace and environment
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC17 February 2018
Worked there for a year as a team leader. Had a wonderful time with the staff members. They were an enthusiastic group of people but the customers were ok (as expected for most workplace). Would recommend it for any youngsters who are looking for a job for the first time.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
average pay
Bad time management
Grill cook, Cleaner, Cashier and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD12 February 2018
Bad communication between all staff members. It was rare for people to show up for their shift. Always stayed back for an hour or two then what you were rostered on for and weren't paid for most that time. Only advantages are some friendly people and free staff meals.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours and Communication
Was a good job for a 16 year old
Customer Service/Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Albans VIC8 February 2018
- Flexible hours
- Good customer service experience
- Working in fast pace
- Boss was nice
- Nice co-workers
- Customers were tolerable
- Easy to travel after school
fun place to work
Supervisor - Assistant Patrao (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Australia28 January 2018
Amazing place with fun aspect to job culture and staff always friendly, free uniform , aircon.
Give it a try able to advance easily and get into management position
Pros
free shift meal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.