Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 222 reviews matching the search See all 1,878 reviews
its only ok
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA28 April 2019
i am working with this company from last so many years on good position but its too difficult for a mother to work here as we have to work in day and night shifts (nights-which are really tuff as being mother you need to be with your child but there is no other option that you can only do the day shifts). i had learned alot from here that is not to trust on anyone.
management do all there work like the managers and there is no quality of leaders in them .

the staff is really good with me but they are also working under pressure.

the hardest part is the recognition on any thing you have done as all the credit is gone to the managers only and the second thing is there is no option for working in day time for the mums.

the most enjoyable thing is your day off but still you are continuously on the phones for giving all the explanations for your previous shift...
N/a
Crew (Current Employee) –  Belmont WA22 April 2019
Management couldn't care less about you, the only time they show any interest in you is when you call in sick and are unable to attend a shift and they want it covered.
Pros
Free Meals
Not a fun place to work
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD2 April 2019
Boss is hard on staff but other staff members were fun and exiting to be around. it is really hard work to work there a lot of pressure on you at once but I guess I might suit some people.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 March 2019
Its a pretty easy job. Clean tables, serve customers, serve food, restock fridge, help prepare food, general house keeping. Friendly environment but like a hairdressing salon, very gossipy environment.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No breaks
First Job
Waiting Tables (Former Employee) –  Hughesdale VIC6 March 2019
This was my very first job when i reached at the age of 15, i was first introduced in the hospitality world. I was given an opportunity to work in Nandos in hughesdale and Nandos in chadstone. Nandos was my training base and chadstone was where i enchanced and developed my skills
Pros
50% on all food purchase
Portuguese Cuisine
Waiting Tables (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook VIC6 March 2019
This is where i landed another chicken job to where it is a past experience as a first job of mine back in my school years. Nandos was my very first job and it gave me an idea of how a kitchen runs in a fast food restaurant
Pros
50% per purchase
Cons
Long hours, less pay
Very fun workplace.
All-Rounder (Current Employee) –  North Rockhampton QLD27 February 2019
At Nandos, i typically serve customers, cook meals, run plates, clear and wash dishes as well as general restaurant cleaning. I learned a lot about customer service whilst working at Nandos. The management was decent but could be greatly improved. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers on occasion.
Pros
Free shift meals
Cons
Poorly run shifts
Lovely staff and easy to work, but difficult management
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2019
The job can be fun and interesting. You'll never be bored, as there is always something to be done. However, the pay and hours are minimal and the tasks can be horrible: including cleaning and cooking food. Risk of injury is also quite high, having been burned quite a lot.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Bad pay for heavy work
fun place
Rotating shift, Front and Back Staff (Former Employee) –  Camberwell NSW5 February 2019
it was a fun place before it was taken ownership by the HQ

The HQ was really bad . They cant even cook chickens. They cannot problem solve. front must stay front, even if back really desperately needs help and takes too much order, the manager didnt care.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Hq
Friendly Environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA25 January 2019
It was a pleasure to work for Nandos as my very first job, teaching me various skills that I can apply to my daily life, such as time management, how to work in a team and efficiency.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Not enough staff when it gets too busy, the slow Wifi sometimes interferes with how fast we serve out costumers
excellent
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC17 January 2019
excellent workplace to work. good management. good work culture between the staffs. i enjoyed my working period a big time. always had lots of fun during the shifts.
Fun place and great people
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD15 January 2019
A typical work day is busy of washing dishes or help prep food.
I leaned how to work in a fast paced environment
Management was good.
The workplace culture was also outstanding.
The hardest part of my job was not being able to stay
Everything was enjoyable
Pros
Great managers and staff
Cons
Not there long
Friendly and supportive work environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 January 2019
Great fun place serving customers terrific chicken. There is a great deal of flexibility in the shifts we need to work and management are very supportive of development needs.
productive workers
Front and back of house staff (Current Employee) –  Perth WA9 December 2018
i loved working at Nando's but didn't get enough pay or hours, i also was miss treated a fair bit but i still loved my job and the food i got to make while working there.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
productive crew team with good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Heatherton, AU3 December 2018
At nandos the crew were a lot older than me but tried to help with making friends and make the work enjoyable. the management of the restaurant was brilliant and done very well
retail manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AU2 December 2018
A typical day in a retail manager job often consists of maintaining a store environment that is a pleasant experience for customers by managing many employees simultaneously. Work begins fairly early in the morning, often before the retail location opens, and an 8- to 10-hour workday begins. Retail managers handle a wide variety of routine tasks, such as writing reports; supervising employees; managing cash; ordering stock; handling schedules, payroll, and marketing and promotional roll-outs; and securing the store upon closing. In addition, a retail manager can expect to deal with customer complaints, employee work delegation, staff shortages, equipment failures and other unexpected things that occur in a retail environment. On average, retail managers may work as many as 50 or more hours per week.
testing
Cashier / Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA14 November 2018
this was my first job ever, when i first got the call that i was hired for the job i was super excited. i loved the job dearly but management was the issue. staff would get blamed for errors only a manager could make and i didn't like the atmosphere
Productive, great work environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eizabeth13 November 2018
I learnt the importance of communication, because when I first got the job I was very quiet. So working there helped improve my communication skills..
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Drama
poor
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 November 2018
Franchise and the pay is very less poor management, poor customer service very bad staff and there behaviour is very very poor. worst place to work world square nandos.
Fun and enjoyable
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC12 November 2018
It was a friendly environment and enjoyed seeing new people l. The job was very wast for me ans learned fast with the ways to handle the customers and was used Pizza to the environment quickly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Can be dangerous environment at night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.