Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 217 reviews matching the search See all 1,819 reviews
Portuguese Cuisine
Waiting Tables (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook VIC6 March 2019
This is where i landed another chicken job to where it is a past experience as a first job of mine back in my school years. Nandos was my very first job and it gave me an idea of how a kitchen runs in a fast food restaurant
Pros
50% per purchase
Cons
Long hours, less pay
Very fun workplace.
All-Rounder (Current Employee) –  North Rockhampton QLD27 February 2019
At Nandos, i typically serve customers, cook meals, run plates, clear and wash dishes as well as general restaurant cleaning. I learned a lot about customer service whilst working at Nandos. The management was decent but could be greatly improved. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers on occasion.
Pros
Free shift meals
Cons
Poorly run shifts
Lovely staff and easy to work, but difficult management
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2019
The job can be fun and interesting. You'll never be bored, as there is always something to be done. However, the pay and hours are minimal and the tasks can be horrible: including cleaning and cooking food. Risk of injury is also quite high, having been burned quite a lot.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Bad pay for heavy work
fun place
Rotating shift, Front and Back Staff (Former Employee) –  Camberwell NSW5 February 2019
it was a fun place before it was taken ownership by the HQ

The HQ was really bad . They cant even cook chickens. They cannot problem solve. front must stay front, even if back really desperately needs help and takes too much order, the manager didnt care.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Hq
Friendly Environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA25 January 2019
It was a pleasure to work for Nandos as my very first job, teaching me various skills that I can apply to my daily life, such as time management, how to work in a team and efficiency.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Not enough staff when it gets too busy, the slow Wifi sometimes interferes with how fast we serve out costumers
excellent
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC17 January 2019
excellent workplace to work. good management. good work culture between the staffs. i enjoyed my working period a big time. always had lots of fun during the shifts.
Fun place and great people
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD15 January 2019
A typical work day is busy of washing dishes or help prep food.
I leaned how to work in a fast paced environment
Management was good.
The workplace culture was also outstanding.
The hardest part of my job was not being able to stay
Everything was enjoyable
Pros
Great managers and staff
Cons
Not there long
Friendly and supportive work environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 January 2019
Great fun place serving customers terrific chicken. There is a great deal of flexibility in the shifts we need to work and management are very supportive of development needs.
productive workers
Front and back of house staff (Current Employee) –  Perth WA9 December 2018
i loved working at Nando's but didn't get enough pay or hours, i also was miss treated a fair bit but i still loved my job and the food i got to make while working there.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
productive crew team with good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Heatherton, AU3 December 2018
At nandos the crew were a lot older than me but tried to help with making friends and make the work enjoyable. the management of the restaurant was brilliant and done very well
retail manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AU2 December 2018
A typical day in a retail manager job often consists of maintaining a store environment that is a pleasant experience for customers by managing many employees simultaneously. Work begins fairly early in the morning, often before the retail location opens, and an 8- to 10-hour workday begins. Retail managers handle a wide variety of routine tasks, such as writing reports; supervising employees; managing cash; ordering stock; handling schedules, payroll, and marketing and promotional roll-outs; and securing the store upon closing. In addition, a retail manager can expect to deal with customer complaints, employee work delegation, staff shortages, equipment failures and other unexpected things that occur in a retail environment. On average, retail managers may work as many as 50 or more hours per week.
testing
Cashier / Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA14 November 2018
this was my first job ever, when i first got the call that i was hired for the job i was super excited. i loved the job dearly but management was the issue. staff would get blamed for errors only a manager could make and i didn't like the atmosphere
Productive, great work environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eizabeth13 November 2018
I learnt the importance of communication, because when I first got the job I was very quiet. So working there helped improve my communication skills..
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Drama
poor
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 November 2018
Franchise and the pay is very less poor management, poor customer service very bad staff and there behaviour is very very poor. worst place to work world square nandos.
Fun and enjoyable
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC12 November 2018
It was a friendly environment and enjoyed seeing new people l. The job was very wast for me ans learned fast with the ways to handle the customers and was used Pizza to the environment quickly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Can be dangerous environment at night
productive
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC23 October 2018
The work was a mix between front house and back house hospitality responsibilities, allowing me to enhance my communication skills as well as improving organisational manners. The workplace exceeded in great culture as the people were always fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of the day was closing the store and the most enjoyable was assisting and working with customers.
Stressful work environment
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD14 October 2018
I worked here for a few months. When I applied I clearly listed my availability. However, I was continuously rostered twice as much as I requested. Management also talked down to and about the staff. Unreasonable expectations of staff.
Bad experience, politic place, abusive manager, non cooperative team member
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 October 2018
I just been working here for a short period, however is terrible experience that i had ever.
Abusive manager who have relationship with the team member. Is not supportive and sided team member that he likes.
Politic work environment.
Bad management even not ordering tissue in the store. Leak off team member, customer been complaining. Bad attitute of team member, receive so many customer complaint.
Pros
Free lunches, Good Salary
Cons
terrible long working hour, less annual leave, not flexible
Good First job
server/cook (Former Employee) –  Somerville, Victoria, Australia10 October 2018
Had a great time working here with all the staff. Learnt valuable skills that have helped me in the years that followed my employment at Nandos. Just a shame they had to close down.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
management could have been better
overall it was a good experience working with Nandos
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick VIC 305629 September 2018
With various cultural people from different part of the world working with them was so rewardable. Hope to get new job soon. Love to work with different culture people as team work or just by self .
Pros
free food, work- life balance
Cons
Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.