Napoleon Perdis
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Napoleon Perdis Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
A typical Saturday was quite busy, usually had 45 minute back to back appointments. It taught how to work in a fast paced environment! Everyone that i worked with was extremely nice and easy to get along with, my manager was an amazing person to have around and taught me alot!
a typical day at work is a very fast paced environment, formal and wedding season you are usually back to back with clients and have to be prepared to work fast and effectively
Great place to learn new and up to date makeup skills, excellent on counter experience to prepare you for all makeup work. Definitely, a fun place to work especially when you have a great manager or great team to work alongside.
Pros
Team, staff discount, hours, pay
Cons
No career progression/very hard to move up in the company
great people to work with unfortunately management needs some upgrades. not enough support for casual staff members especially at the beginning of their employment
Napoleon Perdis was all about building there employees up and helping them reach their goals, they had many training programs in place and were extremely supportive
Pros
doing clients make up and making them feel beautiful for whatever event they were off to
Cons
I am not huge on wearing making up just love the creativity side more
Staff are treated so poorly and are not perceived as an asset to the company. They are so forceful with their impossible targets and KPIs. If these are not achieved then instead of offering help they will take your shifts away from you. There is very limited training and support from management which decreases motivation to work. They have lost sight of what makeup artistry is about and are now all about selling and making money at the expense of their employees satisfaction. Instead of pushing employees to be money makers they should look at their own underlying issues of the company.
Pros
Experience doing makeovers
Cons
Poor management, lack of support, poor quality products, pressure
Extremely poor training and communication skills.

My first real shift I was working alone! I had very minimal training and was not instructed on how to use the till and close the store.

Even after notifying my manger about not being trained I continued to be placed on shift alone still without any training.

Management is extremely unhelpful and quite rude at times, they do not respond quickly if at all and also do not care about any of your problems or provide assistance or solutions. Many times I was asked to come into work to cover a shift last minute and my position was even threatened to be taken away if I was unable to come in.

This company is constantly seeking new employees and still haven't realised that something is seriously wrong.

I would not recommend this job to anybody and will no longer be supporting Napoleon Perdis.
Cons
Makeup was a big passion and hobby of mine when I left school. It was an amazing experience and I learned a lot from it, however, it got to the point where it was so repetitive.
Pros
Making other people feel beautiful about themselves
Cons
VERY repetitive
You're Allocated to work in one area, then sometimes they'd get you to work in a different area which could be an hour away, it was stressful.
If we get a job in that one area, don't make us travel to another location just because one of the staff was sick.

This is one of the main reasons why I left.
Cons
Change of allocation, hence high turnover of staff.
Dealing face to face with customers, meeting sales targets and having a fun team to work with. Easy to speak to managers and also very rewarding when doing a makeover for clients and seeing positive reactions and feedback once completed. Definitely a creative role with room to be yourself.
Pros
creative
Cons
long days on your feet
Love trying new products, learning new skills. Easy products to use. Everyday different tasks easy to keep tracks company is well equipped with knowledgeable stuffs all round.
Pros
Free lunch, make up products and bonuses
Mostly busy
learned to interact with all customers over the phone and in person

Manage store and work on own

meeting budgets frequently

love sales
The management in this company really needs to listen to their employees. You are treated poorly, ridiculous weekly targets, bullied and never given time off when you put in months in advance. I have known many girls that have left this company because of the treatment of the staff. Not to mention the nasty training team which basically only teach you how to bully someone in to buying something. This exactly why there are constantly jobs advertised for this company because everyone leaves within the first 6 months.
Cons
it was great learning step to a careert in retail makeup. the company however needs to focus more on their staff as the turn over is quite high.management needs more training and more staff incentives.
Its 8 hrs work 5 days a week with daily routine and chores. I would say its a productions line that you need to be professional and deliver the job for a customer level of satisfaction, Including being a good team player and how to accommodate client. The hardest part of the job is probably the target of the Budget because there would be ups and down of the seasons but the most enjoyable is part of my job is when the customer live satisfied and happy with the service.
Pros
30 mins unpaid lunch break
Napoleon Perdis was a great deal of fun to work for. I learnt a great deal from my time there. My manager was amazing and extremely helpful, all of the girls were so much fun to work along side and I learnt a lot of different techniques from them. the hardest part of my job was interpreting customers wants and needs when it came to the makeup side of the job, the best part of the job was the creativity and encouragement to have fun and enjoy our employment at Napoleon Perdis.
Pros
Great staff discount and product nights
Cons
Only casual work was available
Every Day is different, I have grown in my position, learnt a lot more than the day I started, on going training really helps in your day to day duties.
Pros
commission
Cons
long hours on your feet