Napoleon Perdis Employee Reviews

great co workers
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 May 2019
great people to work with unfortunately management needs some upgrades. not enough support for casual staff members especially at the beginning of their employment
Fun, motivating, goal setting learning environment
I pride myself as very effective worker (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW28 November 2018
Napoleon Perdis was all about building there employees up and helping them reach their goals, they had many training programs in place and were extremely supportive
Pros
doing clients make up and making them feel beautiful for whatever event they were off to
Cons
I am not huge on wearing making up just love the creativity side more
About the money not makeup
Retail makeup expert (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 November 2018
Staff are treated so poorly and are not perceived as an asset to the company. They are so forceful with their impossible targets and KPIs. If these are not achieved then instead of offering help they will take your shifts away from you. There is very limited training and support from management which decreases motivation to work. They have lost sight of what makeup artistry is about and are now all about selling and making money at the expense of their employees satisfaction. Instead of pushing employees to be money makers they should look at their own underlying issues of the company.
Pros
Experience doing makeovers
Cons
Poor management, lack of support, poor quality products, pressure
Worst Job Ever !
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Illawarra NSW23 August 2018
Extremely poor training and communication skills.

My first real shift I was working alone! I had very minimal training and was not instructed on how to use the till and close the store.

Even after notifying my manger about not being trained I continued to be placed on shift alone still without any training.

Management is extremely unhelpful and quite rude at times, they do not respond quickly if at all and also do not care about any of your problems or provide assistance or solutions. Many times I was asked to come into work to cover a shift last minute and my position was even threatened to be taken away if I was unable to come in.

This company is constantly seeking new employees and still haven't realised that something is seriously wrong.

I would not recommend this job to anybody and will no longer be supporting Napoleon Perdis.
Cons
Allocation all over the place
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 February 2018
You're Allocated to work in one area, then sometimes they'd get you to work in a different area which could be an hour away, it was stressful.
If we get a job in that one area, don't make us travel to another location just because one of the staff was sick.
This is one of the main reasons why I left.
Cons
Change of allocation, hence high turnover of staff.
fun work place, meeting new faces everyday
Makeup Artist Expert and Customer Care Adviser (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW, merrylands29 November 2017
Dealing face to face with customers, meeting sales targets and having a fun team to work with. Easy to speak to managers and also very rewarding when doing a makeover for clients and seeing positive reactions and feedback once completed. Definitely a creative role with room to be yourself.
Pros
creative
Cons
long days on your feet
Friendly workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 September 2017
Love trying new products, learning new skills. Easy products to use. Everyday different tasks easy to keep tracks company is well equipped with knowledgeable stuffs all round.
Pros
Free lunch, make up products and bonuses
Adore working here
Makeup artist/retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 August 2017
Mostly busy
learned to interact with all customers over the phone and in person
Manage store and work on own
meeting budgets frequently
love sales
Worst company
Make up artist (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC21 August 2017
The management in this company really needs to listen to their employees. You are treated poorly, ridiculous weekly targets, bullied and never given time off when you put in months in advance. I have known many girls that have left this company because of the treatment of the staff. Not to mention the nasty training team which basically only teach you how to bully someone in to buying something. This exactly why there are constantly jobs advertised for this company because everyone leaves within the first 6 months.
assisstant manager
Freelance Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 August 2016
it was great learning step to a careert in retail makeup. the company however needs to focus more on their staff as the turn over is quite high.management needs more training and more staff incentives.
Creativeness and the experienced that you can learn everyday
Makeup Consultant and Retailer (Former Employee) –  alexandria Australia24 June 2015
Its 8 hrs work 5 days a week with daily routine and chores. I would say its a productions line that you need to be professional and deliver the job for a customer level of satisfaction, Including being a good team player and how to accommodate client. The hardest part of the job is probably the target of the Budget because there would be ups and down of the seasons but the most enjoyable is part of my job is when the customer live satisfied and happy with the service.
Pros
30 mins unpaid lunch break
Lots of fun!
MAKEUP EXPERT, TRAINEE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cannington, WA9 June 2015
Napoleon Perdis was a great deal of fun to work for. I learnt a great deal from my time there. My manager was amazing and extremely helpful, all of the girls were so much fun to work along side and I learnt a lot of different techniques from them. the hardest part of my job was interpreting customers wants and needs when it came to the makeup side of the job, the best part of the job was the creativity and encouragement to have fun and enjoy our employment at Napoleon Perdis.
Pros
Great staff discount and product nights
Cons
Only casual work was available
Fun, fast pasted workplace
Counter Manager, Sales (Current Employee) –  Myer tea tree plaza Sa5 May 2015
Every Day is different, I have grown in my position, learnt a lot more than the day I started, on going training really helps in your day to day duties.
Pros
commission
Cons
long hours on your feet