National Disability Insurance Agency
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

National Disability Insurance Agency Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

A great support network of people

I've gained a huge amount of knowledge through the NDIS & have enjoyed working amongst not only a great group of staff with diverse skills & knowledge that they've shared, but especially enabling families & individuals who have a lifelong disability to gain access to the scheme.

Pros

You're treated with respect & have the autonomy to be left to do your job

Cons

Only that I've been on as a contracted employee, which lacks job security.

Unproductive,unhealthy environment

Lots of has been's and people who do not appreciate individuals.If you aren't part of the "club", you can start looking for an exit.Not good (FOI) and unhealthy place

Pros

Cons

Backstabbing

Regretful decision

Bad management,Some of Team Leaders in planning have no idea about planning, staff supervisions are non existent, I wouldnt work there again, I left.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Incompetent Management.

Fabulous Colleagues & Inclusive Culture

By far the best agency I’ve ever worked for. Everyone is friendly, collaborative and easy to get along with. Management is encouraging, easy to approach and look after their staff. It would take a very strong offer to move away from this agency so I consider myself lucky to have found such a great workplace.

Pros

Management, work variety, life balance

Toxic culture

I feel sincerely sorry for people with a disability and their carers trying to wade through the mire of NDIA beauracracy! Management is disjointed and the workplace is toxic.

People vs government

The NDIA is truly a great place to work at. You feel like you are making a difference in people's lives. The biggest problem you'll face it's all the bureaucracy the agency is sounded by.

Stressful, disorganised, dysfunctional and political Public Service environment.

Highly stressful, disorganised working environment, with remnants of dysfunctional and 'clicky' political Federal DHS / Public Service government culture, which creates further barriers and challenges to supporting People With Disability.

Recommend avoiding working in a TOXIC work environment!

Management & Team Leaders have no idea about compliance or Policy & Procedures! They run there own show! have built and maintained a grand place of nepotism by recruiting, partners, family & friends to stop any complaints from staff surfacing. A culture of gossiping, bullying and micromanagement.

Productive and Accomplishment

Working with the NDIA gave satisfaction and accomplishment in knowing you are helping recipients with a disability in getting the acquired funding to help them financially to cope with their disability. The team I worked in gave pride in what we all did in achieving targets that were set.

Pros

Satisfaction on knowing you are helping recipients with needs.

Cons

Not being able to help the recipients in a quick and timely manner.

In Adelaide very authoritarian and clique

I have not enjoyed the job in Adelaide. The management are a group of women who only support each other and are very punitive to those who question them. There is a Culture of bullying.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Disability Insurance Agency?

Busy and Emotional

This was a very upsetting place to work because of the customers you were dealing with - but also once you were able to assist people to get their applications in for assistance, it was pretty rewarding

Still not perfect

NDIS still has lots of teething problems to sort out. Planning team are struggling due to high expectations. Training of planners has lots to be desired. Management is inadequate at all levels.

Rewarding work r

I investigate allegations of alleged fraud activity involving NDIS Participants and Service Providers.I liaise with internal and external staff throughout Australia on a daily basis whilst conducting investigations.My role is very senstive in terms of the people I deal with and information that is provided to me to assist my investigations.

Pros

Work / life balance

Cons

Lack of processes / procedures

Family friendly

NDIA is a very family friendly environment with a lot of support. there is a lot of support to complete your day to day activities and a very flexible approach.

disorganised and poisonous

These people do not care about their staff's mental health or work life balance. Management are too busy jostling for position that clients staff come a distant second. If you are a temp they will get rid of you at a moment's notice. Pay is good but not worth having to deal with the culture. I have no idea how they are even up and running still!

Pros

lots of jobs going

Cons

high turnover of staff

Ndia

A great inclusive team making newcomers welcome. Management allow for good life-work balance Challenging work as there are many variables due to the newness of the scheme.

Pros

small friendly team

Cons

search parametres for information on the website is broad

Everyone worked together

Great place to work. Never bored always something new to learn or do. Very welcoming to new ideas. Very satisfying position. The Branch Manager and Directors always had time for everyone that worked there.

Pros

Great enviroment

Cons

Good place to work need some changes within management

Work with all stakeholder within and outside of the agency., relation to claiming and payments, creating service bookings for providers. Management needs to be better and culture has changed, needs to be reviewed. I love the people that I work with a great team to be part of. We learn everyday as the agency is forever changing and still evolving.

Pros

Cons

Managemnt style

a job

It is a well set out building and most staff are friendly . work pressure is high the higher up the ladder you go . equal opportunity Employer people with disabilities are employed

Pros

well thought out set up for staff

Cons

non on going jobs

Great place to work, helping people with a disability every day!

Business Support Officer Administration work Great co-workers Helping people and their families with disabilities every day Learning new skills Everyone is important Need to be flexible, with change happening all the time

Pros

Great hours 9.00 - 5.00 pm

Cons

Contract work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Disability Insurance Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

• National Disability Insurance Agency
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?