National Hearing Care Employee Reviews

Poor working conditions
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 May 2018
I have worked as a CSO for this company and gave everything I had at the job. I was not appreciated and constantly felt belittled. The patients are lovely and it was good to help them hear.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Poor working conditions, stressful
Righting some wrongs
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Camberwell & South Yarra, VIC12 April 2018
I felt compelled to respond to the malicious commentary posted here on 15/1/18 and 10/3/18. As the only audiologist at NHC Camberwell, I can confirm that these posts constitute identity theft.

The facts:

NHC is an industry- leading employer of choice in audiology. Metropolitan positions are usually waitlisted.

The freedom to choose from four manufacturers makes NHC unique, and client outcomes are all the better for it.

Management is dynamic and supportive at all levels, with a high representation of clinically trained individuals.

Internal and manufacturer-based clinical support is available to all audiologists.

NHC recognizes that clinical excellence can be defined in many ways, and each one of these is rewarded.

NHC is a secure, established business. The global reach of Amplifon provides first class training and career development opportunities around the world.

I would not still be here after 17 years if the allegations were true.
Pros
Independence, culture, support.
Cons
Large, successful, multinationals are always a target for unfair criticism.
Awesome Company
Senior Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Bairnsdale VIC11 April 2018
I have been working for National Hearing for the past 8 years.
I thoroughly love my position as a Customer Service Office.

We have a terrific team at our Bairnsdale clinic and we love the challenge of trying to meet and exceed our KPI's each month.

Our Management are very supportive, honest and motivating.

The best part of working for NHC is the clients, they brighten up each day. The highlight of the year is our annual conference, always held at a beautiful resort all expenses paid for flights, accommodation all meals, a gala evening and awards, not to mention catching up with other CSO's from all over Australia.

If you love people, this is the job for you.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Team Environment
Please don't work as an audiologist or CSO here.
Senior Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 April 2018
I'm a current employee but am looking elsewhere for work. The management (regional, area and cluster managers) are terrible, manipulative people. They talk to their staff as if they are 5 despite them being highly educated professionals. You lose all passion for the job working here and forget why you got into the career in the first place.
Overheads are so high with their ridiculous rebranding to red and hiring inexperienced managers. All this means is that there is more pressure on clinics to make money to pay the extra overheads.
There is much outside National hearing care for audiologists and all staff. We will be looking elswhere for work and so will everyone in the clinic.
Cons
Do not work at national hearing care
Customer Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Mulgrave VIC27 March 2018
Bullying
Hypocritical
No Incentives
Poor Culture
'Do as I say, or get out" Management
No structure
Pushy sales and targets
All about them and not the clients or call centre employess
No communication
No recognition for hard work
Pros
Start and finish times
Cons
No Incentives, low pay, bullying
Terrible Management
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 March 2018
Management treated the staff very poorly. Bullying is everywhere in the company starting with their trainer right through to area managers. I saw many staff treated badly. Explains the high turn over with staff.
Pros
No weekend work and closed down at Christmas.
Cons
Terrible management
Very bad place to work.
Audiologist. (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC14 March 2018
I am currently an audiologist in this company and very upset about the working environment. There is very poor management and they do not appreciate hard work. Do not work here!
Pros
Nothing comes to mind.
Cons
Poorly managed.
Head office and management are poor
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Camberwell10 March 2018
The management are pushy and hypocritical. They are rude and there is no concern for audiologist well being. There is a high turnover of staff all quitting because of the management team.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Management, staff trying to become management, manipulation.
Extremely Poor Management
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 March 2018
I worked at National Hearing Care just under 18 Months. In this time I found senior Management, area Mangement and CSO management so hypocritical and manipulative. NHC is a sales company fronting as a health care centre. The focus is to prescribe as many hearing aids as possible even if the client doesn’t really need it, which made me feel uncomfortable. During the day from open to close you would receive dozens of emails and phone calls regarding KPI’s.
There expectations for yourself and the center were so unrealistic, The CSO’s are underpaid and expected to travel off site, book events and conduct hearing checks all while managing the day to day running of the clinics. The pay is extremely low and there is no opportunity to grow unless you are willing to ignore your morals and ethics.
NHC have 1 focus Hit the sales target or move on because staff and customer satisfaction comes last in all areas of this company.
This is a sales company not a health care company!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Too many to list; low pay, poor management just to name the top two.
Poor management
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham VIC3 March 2018
I am currently an audiologist here and will be resigning as soon as I receive new employment. Management is very rude and manipulative. You can expect calls from them 3 times a day. It is particularly the area managers that are looking to make there way up the ladder. Trainers also are poor and looking for a way to make themselves look better than others. Everyone hates working here and it is due to management. Terrible, horrible people in management.
Pros
Great patients.
Cons
Wish I could give negative stars for quality of management.
Senior Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Camberwell VIC15 January 2018
Management is extremely manipulative and not open at all. They will say and do anything to get their way including blatant lies to audiologists directly. Very morally poor management who should not have positions in the health care industry. They also have huge egos. Resound software does not function properly.
Pros
Other audiologists.
busy
Customer Service and Pure Tone Hearing Testing (Former Employee) –  Batemans Bay NSW5 October 2017
good company to work for, balances work and home life. management could do with some improvement and employees should be visited more in regional clinics as they tend to get forgotten about.
Stressful environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mulgrave VIC19 April 2017
Management was always barking at you to meet unachievable KPI's. The co-workers made it bareable to work here but it was not a great experience. No training, long hours, low pay.
Terribly managed/ company does not care for staff.
Clinical Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 October 2016
Company needs to look into why everyone is so unhappy. Low morale at company due to area, regional and all managers. They do not care about staff at all. They have a high turnover of staff. They conduct ridiculous surveys and do nothing about it when they identify their staff are unhappy. There is absolutely no communication between departments. It is like a boys club in management. Only people who make above a certain amount of sales are treated well, everyone else is treated terribly.
Cons
Worst company I've ever worked in
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria19 August 2016
You work toward set KPIs which are not uncommon in most work places, but these are not only almost unachievable, but also define your personal stats. These stats change from day to day and strangely enough management contact you on those days your stats are low. Emails from management fill your inbox by lunchtime and and the tasks in your role as a customer service officer increase, yet pay doesn't. Bonuses are available but the targets are so difficult to attain that barely anyone gets to see them. Support from management is low as is staff morale is low and as such staff turnover is high. By far the worst company I've worked for.
Pros
Clients being able to hear again
Cons
Poor pay. No support. Unachievable targets. Low morale.
Nice company to work for
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Berri SA8 June 2016
Typical day is welcoming clients, booking appointments with audiologist, pure tone screening of clients.
I learnt how to do hearing tests.
Management are well invested and always easy to contact for assistance.
My co-worker was very set in her ways and did not like change.
Hardest part of my job was to bend to my co-workers tendency to change the role I was trained for.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with clients.
Pros
worked well for my family/work balance
Cons
difficult at times to work with co-worker
dissappointed
CSO (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 April 2016
I am doing a 12 month maternity contract and it has been a good experience work wise and I have learnt a lot along the way but due to bullying from one of my co workers it hasn't been a very pleasant experience ... I am disappointed with the way management has dealt with this situation and have discovered that this behaviour has been going on for along time and in the last 18months have lost 4 other CSOs due to the same reason ... new management has been very understanding and encouraging but I feel its not been enough ... due to the situation I now get to work in many of the clinics as a floater so have been able to enjoy the contract a little more
Pros
travel, customer interaction, knowledge
Cons
bullying
Good workplace great people
Customer Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Mulgrave13 October 2015
Big company who looks after their employees.
Not in my line of work but a great workplace.
Very laid back work environment.
Lot of variety from Admin to Sales
Customer Service/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne2 September 2015
Very busy fast paced must be very organized KPI,Sales Customer Service Answering so many emails answering phone with in 3 rings
Pros
Satisfaction in helping especially the elderly
Cons
Low pay
Good teamwork and training. Varied and satisfying work.
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Croydon6 May 2015
I have learned to prioritise tasks and communicate clearly with clients and staff to achieve the best outcomes possible.
I have enjoyed working closely with my co-workers to achieve our goals together. We have a lot of fun when we can.
I have always enjoyed the connection with clients who appreciate what we do and feel encouraged by the support we can give them, including children of aged parents who are also involved.
The hardest part is when someone is sick and there are not enough staff in the clinic, so that clients are sometimes disappointed.
Management has always been supportive and responsive and generous, including an annual conference with all expenses paid in a resort.
Extremely busy and satisfying work making files, confirming appointments and reselling them where needed.
Conducting Pure Tone screening tests for clients and explaining and organising hearing service vouchers for clients who are on a pension and need to see the audiologist.
Repairing hearing aids where possible and aiding clients in maintaining them.
Pros
Helping customers who are appreciative.
Cons
I live too far away now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Hearing Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8