NATIONAL LIBRARY OF AUSTRALIA Employee Reviews

Very diverse organization with many interesting program facets
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 March 2017
I have worked at this institution in various positions. Each position has afforded me the opportunity to garner additional experience and increased responsibilities. In addition, working in the different program offices has allowed me to form strong bonds with colleagues as we work towards the mission of the Library.
Overall a great place to work. The workplace environment kept me busy, always in the support of my End Users; which is what I liked the most. I am very customer oriented and enjoyed assisting my customer with any issues that developed or that they may have concerning their newly distributed equipment. At the end of each work day, I always felt that I made a difference in providing that extra assistance to ensure the transfer of new equipment and application information from the older versions that were being removed from the work environment.
Pros
All equipment needed was alway available, there was no extended downtime other than that that was out of our control
Cons
There was never enough time or specified or adequate workspace in the performance of deployments.
Lots of fun, time flew
stacks officer (Former Employee) –  canberra17 December 2012
Meet and greet supervisor, great people to work with, busy all day fulfilling work load, learned how the library works and books stored, some aspects of the Voyager circulation module, shelf read, identify occasional errors in catalogue records (slip did not match information on book) to work in a team, be a productive member of a team, participated in book moves experienced meetings within a large organisation, hardest part of the job was leaving after becoming familiar with the job, being in contact with items such as folios and pamphlets and things that i would not normally be interested creating my own interest through wealth of material stored in the national library - a treasure trove.
Pros
wealth of material to be viewed
Cons
contract position