National Parks & Wildlife Service
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

National Parks & Wildlife Service Employee Reviews

great experience, great place to work. highly recommend to any job seekers. great place to work if you like the out doors and the environment and wildlife.
Protecting the environment - Flora and Fauna in the Myall Lakes National Park has to be managed in such a way to allow the Australian public and International visitors to use the area in an educational and enjoyable way for the future of the area.
Great if you love working outdoors. Staff was hard woking and easy to get a long with. I enjoyed my and would recommened it to anyone who loves working outdoors.
Started as a temp contractor and ended working there for a few years. Change of management was regular. Great team and lovely people to work with. Variety of work.
Being Government, quite hierarchical management. Excellent environment to advance and train. No other workplace like National Parks and their history and beauty
Pros
Variety of duties
Cons
Some culture issues
communication was great people are amazing relaxed hours meetings 4 times a year on weekends i enjoyed working here for the most part
Mainly doing reception duties, filing, mail, diverting calls, incharge of accounts receivable and petty cash. Also staff support to all the pilots and other admin staff. Great working atmosphere.
It was a good work experience, i went there knowing nothing about the job but the workers there are ready to teach so i learnt what to do and by the end of the week i was starting to fit in and participate in team.
Pros
Friendly team, good hours, easy to get used to the work.
Cons
Early mornings.
A diverse role with a diverse range of people from customers to clients to co workers, with a range of road-travel that can be 650km from base.
My day at NPWs was varied and I travelled all over the state. There was not a typical day I learned the craft of human resource management at NPWS The management varied but was generally good My co-owrkers were wonderful. I enjoyed this team and organisation Hardest part of the job was competing demands over long distances Travelling to the beautiful national parks
Pros
family friendly
Cons
travel and being away from family (they were quite young)