National Pharmacies
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

National Pharmacies Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time, got made redundant do to the companies inability to adapt and recognise threats with in industry. Don’t give them another 10 years before they close
Business Operations Managers can accuse you of doing things, without supporting statements with evidence. The Business Operations Manager in some stores believe they know better than lawyers, and the Police. Even though, they do not come from a academic background. Just from retail. You are just a number in the company. They do not appreciate staff who work hard, and make good sales. They are always advertising for Retail Assistants, because they have a high turnover. Workloads can be unfair if the Pharmacist favours employees. The same with rosters if you are not in favour chance's are you can get the worse roster. There products are overpriced, which means selling meeting KPI's is difficult. A lot of what they sell is not wanted by their customers. National Pharmacies do not realise that Chemist Warehouse has smashed the market. Prescriptions are much cheaper at Chemist Warehouse, and greater selection of products, at much cheaper prices than National Pharmacies.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Managers only look after themselves, and only managers are looked after by head office. Very toxic environment, very poorly run company, some departments in head office need a clear out.
Pros
Little extra discount
Cons
Poorly run company, toxic
It good place to work in I have great experience working as locum Through 28 branches in Adelaide Working with great pharmacists That why I left my cv after I sold my Business To work part time locum
Work elsewhere .. terrible management, poor training supervisors are dishonest and hypocritical, work in another pharmacy. National pharmacies don’t actually pass on savings to customers. They don’t pay any tax either.
Unfortunately the team culture was competitive rather than collaborating and positive. Don’t expect management to be fair and just as they act more favourably and selective to some. Staff training online is extensive and ongoing. There is an expectation to sell customers an annual membership ensuring discounts. The pay rate is good paid weekly and staff get a free membership.
Good company to work for. Management is great. Heaps of learning opportunities if wanted. Very welcoming and they treat their staff great. I personally LOVED working for National Pharmacies. Just wish that they owned more pharmacies in Victoria. I would be willing to work for them again in a heartbeat.
Very slow paced working environment. Non progressive in terms of keeping up with technology and meeting customers needs. Over the years that I worked at NP there were and continue to be redundancies and restructures. Males put into managerial roles and female equivalents re positioned. There is poor workplace culture in this company The best part of the day was interacting with product and service providers.
Pros
membership + extra 5% discount
Cons
slow paced
I enjoy the environment where i am able to use my skills and expertise which i have been trained for and get a lot of satisfaction with the outcomes and overcoming challenges. I'm very much a team player and get along very well my colleagues as well as the customers.
Pros
excellent training and standards.
Cons
being employed as casual restricts family planning.